Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Will the educated Somalis .......

Isra   

Salam

The topic is going beautifully with arguments and counter arguments smile.gif

Muslima i agree with u, somalia aint a shooting range ppl.I am going there this summer and i hope to enjoy my self and meet my family members that are all over the country.

INSHALLAH ONE DAY WE WILL BE A SUPERPOWER!!

Peace smile.gif

Buubto   

Asalaamu Caleykum Wr Wb

Lady fatima i do agree with u sis, yeah this ppl r insane walaahi maybe they haven't seen wat we saw.

Muslimah & hibo

Well I do have faith in Allah Alxamdulilah and I will try my best to take ur advises. I think, wat I experienced back home is more savorier then u guys. I was in the centre of the war xamar weyne. About 10 people that I know died infront of our house while getting some water 4 us in order we could live, or crossing the road. Walaahi it was really bad, I also witnessed a guy who got shot. At night I used to hear constantly ladies screaming 4 help cuz moryaans were raping them. I lost my uncle & my moms cousin at the war. I also lost very close relatives of min, about 10 of them were on the car they were bombed by moryaans frown.gif . Some of the guys who were proctecing us used to go inforont of our door and kill ppl who were different tribe that they were fighting against, no 1 had the guts to tell them off cuz they were monasters. do u how bad was it. I used hear ppl ash haadanaayo cuz they were dieing. Walaahi whenever I remember this I feel sick that is one of the reasons I can’t put up going that country knowing moryaans is running the country. Is just too much to take. I know it meant to happen & I do believe in Allah. But I just can’t push myself knowing same ppl dat killed my loved one’s r still there doing the same thing to innocent ppl. About a few months ago a very close relative of mine was killed by gun shot 4 no reason. Walaahi I no body love my country as much as I do & want to go back this minute, but only if the moryaans r not governing da country.

Muslimah

Sis thank god I aren’t in a very dangerous country like London & USA, I am in Australia & is really good and peaceful at least it isn’t that dangerous walaahi I being living here 6 years didn’t came a cross anything Alxamdulilah. Except some bad language twice after September 11. in my opinion I am safe where I am right now then in Somalia, where I have seen the worse things in my entire life.

So sis ha iska dhaafno hadalka oo aan ku hadalno wax macquul ah oo aqli gali karaayo. cuz we both know qof u babac dhigikaro somalia hada in uusan jirin. hadii ey safe tahay waa hore ey dadka ku laaban lahayeen. "hadal haan ma buuxsho".

peace smile.gif *****eykumu Salaam.

[This message has been edited by Buubto (edited 12-24-2001).]

Isra   

Salam

Libax as soon as u buy those Dallo airline tickets.

Jaber lol for sure bro. smile.gif

Buubto frown.gif I dont know what to say i am sorry, beyond words description.I see why u cant imagine a life there the way its now.I guess us the determined ones have not gone through what u have been through and seen it through ur eyes.It makes awhole lot of difference.

I am sorry again frown.gif

Peace.

Asalaamu Alaikum Wrt Wbt

Buubto abaayo I'm sorry to hear about what you went through...and you are right, I'm sure everyone of us has lost a relative in the war...

Again you are right, the things you experienced were far more worse then I did...I went to Xamaar just before the war started...my mother took us there to visit my grandparents...everything was fine for a couple of days, and then the war began...alhumdulilah we weren't there for long...a week or so after the war started, we managed to get out...I only have two bad memories of Somalia one of them was when we were going to the airport, we drove through a field of dead people...that is a memory that will stay with me forever, the stench of death is something I will never forget...

Ma'Salaama

Hibo   

Buubto: I am utterly Sorry to hear that sis... u r definitely right.. .I haven't experienced that or anything close to it. Thank God I stayed in Somalia only fo three days after the war....My mom says, " Ciyaal kibir laga badiyey aa tihiin. Weligiin baahi ma arkin. Waxa aheyd in ilaa iyo Libooye Kenya niila soo lugeysiiyo. Diyaarad ayaa Xamar la idinka soo qaaday'.. in other words..."U r spoilt brats....for ur bread always had spreads of butter n jelly".. So sis.. I could never imagine the hardship u went through. I haven't been to Somalia ever since that 2nd Jan 91 day. But inshallah next summer I will have a differentstory to tell... nevertheless, my hopes n plans in returning home... after earning my degree remains the same.

Unixguru: Only with Allah's will, will u be safe.... have faith in the Almighty my friend..

------------------

"Honesty is the best policy..shove it up their arses ...whether they like it or not"

Jaber   

Buubto

I feel for you&all of the ppl who had to go through a similar experiances,indeed I can't relate,having grown up in the gulf and later coming to the western part of the world,the closest I got to feel the pain of my fellow nomads was through the TV screens displaying a heart-breaking pics of ppl who've suffered beyond imagination,its easy for us to sit here and criticize you and others for not wanting to go back,there's an Arabic saying"Ili eeduh fil maya mush zayile eeduh fil al-naar",in english "he who has his hands in water feels quite different from the one who has it on fire",I hope things change for the better during our life time,I also hope that those who commited these savage crimes against the powerless,,someday,InshaALLAH will be brought to justice.

Buubto   

Isra, Hibo, Jaber & muslimah thanx 4 ur sympathy & understanding. Well the passed is the passed I hope we could all move on & live in our own land one day happier then ever Insha Allah, we will. Let’s pray 4 our country & it’s ppl. Surly “wadankaaga hooyo waa laba huraan”! insha Allah I will be going there 1 day helping my own ppl, Insha Allah. Peace smile.gif

unixguru   

The problems of Somali are due to the Somalis, and I don’t think it going to end anytime soon.

I’ll answer my own question… NO YOU CAN NOT GO BACK to Somali without clan protection. Sure you can go back, but you can acquire wealth or pursue happiness.

And also, I know a lot of people that have gone back to Somalia (Mogadishu), but they all had the protection of their clans, without clan protection any loser with a gun can kill you or take your wealth and you can’t do anything about it.

[This message has been edited by unixguru (edited 12-29-2001).]

Hibo   

hallo my fellow nomads.as iam new to this forum, ill like to contribute little bit about the somali elite in diaspora going back to somalia.Having gone through many posts from my esteemed bros and siss, ill like say for one most of us have been affected by this paranoia that the moment you land there ya either dead or violently robed,but according to me this seems more of total pessimism on the patriotic perception of the reality on ground.I dont disagree on the instability and the looming dangers with all this gunmen on the streets but lets be realistic,many peaple do travel to the area,conducts bussiness both import and export freely actually some bussinesmen down their are far much better off than some of us in qurbaha(paycheck to paycheck).This imean the axis may not be uniform all over,and some regions are stable and with sort of administration therefore my piece of advice to ya all just try and take a trip to the place and see for yourself wheather its worth return or not may be your hometown or village might be one of the safe havens

Hibo   

Salaam

It is a bit easier 4 me to answer this Q.

If I don't go back home, who is gonna sort out Somalia's economy, eh?.....who is gonna tax qaadka iyo sigaarka, eh?....who is going to negotiate favourable terms of trade 4 our fine cattle, eh?....who is gonna sort out our currency? BARWAAQO the economist...thats who! (Insha Allah)

So u c, I HAVE to go back....no question!