Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Will the educated Somalis .......

Hibo   

Well, it started off like this... there are about 30 Somalis in my University, at Mankato, MN. I asked them one day just out of curiousity how many were willing to head home after graduation. Not many were eager...it was indeed disappointing, so I thought I would put it forth to u guys n ask the same thing... Will u educated Somalis go back home?.. Or will u spent the rest of ur life rumbling with the white trash and their suppression? GIve ur reasons either way!!

------------------

"All colors of the heavenly rainbow

can be found through ever nation...

When all these colors are blended,

black become God's greatest creation"

Buubto   

Asalaamu Caleykum Wr Wb

I thought about this long and hard. Like our ppl say “mukulaalba mininkeeda ayee miciyo libaax ku leedahay”. No question that I want to go back to my own land & practice what I learned & help my own ppl at the same time. No doubt that the future of Somalia is us the one’s who came foreigner countries & learned something. As a business point few we r better off going back home in any field, cuz we r winner, besides if u don’t help ur own ppl wat u learned wat is the point helping gaalo who don’t respect u?

But the question is if u go back & start practicing wat u do best will u be safe from moryaans? Will ur heart be stable all the time? Will u be living under thread? Is not worth going back home if my life is under thread. If there is guaranteed that Somalia is safe no moryaans r running the country, then I will be one of the first to go back as soon as I finish my Uni. Cuz I hate living foreign countries the reality is, I will always be refuge African third world. So why don’t I go back home where I am a queen cool.gif .

Hibo wat is ur opinion on this issue since u r the one who brought up first?

*****eykumu Salaam peace Somaliyee smile.gif

"Haybad waxaad Ku leedahay, Dulkaaga Hooyo"

I would definitely go Back as soon as there is a legitimate government!! I'm tire of this Tribalism B*Sh*T they have now dayz......

Cia

Isra   

Salam

Nice topic,I would go back to somaliland,If i had the bloody chance i would go now.But i afcourse need my education,i would be use less if i went there the way iam.

I have a friend whos dad built a clinic in hergaysa or berbera i am not sure which one.

Anyways it works well and makes great money and my friend is now planing on going to med school in the usa.Then later with her degree she will move back to the Somaliland to help her dad or carry on.

PPL are going back and if u dont and even dont consider the idea I CONSIDER U A TRAITOR!.leaving ur country behind. If we dont get up and forget this bull**** about security.Somalia as awhole will stay the way it is forever and we as a society and a culture will be lost.

Its up to us to build the gov why expect good stuff when u didnt work for it .

Peace smile.gifsmile.gif

Hibo   

Buubto: To answer ur Q.. let me ask u this...R u safe in wherever u r at now?.. I can only answer for somalis in the US.. that would be no...for we know terror struck everywere.. so sister my opinion is have faithin Allah.. n live ur life.. when u r suppoed to die u shall.. whether u r in the white house...or the ghetto crib!

LayFatima: Don't think we should wait for that to happen.......for those left at home r the residues of the society sis...to them life is looting, burning n robbing off ppl's property.. we r the future we r the pillars of somalis...so to me the soluton to Somalia's problem lies with the return of the Somalis in the west!

Isra: I absolutely agree with u on that sis... we gotta work for what we want.... after all...there ain't no free lunches.. this gr8 america was not built in leisure...folks...worked hard for it... so Somalis wake up n smell the coffee!

Wa saaamu Caleykum!

------------------

"All colors of the heavenly rainbow

can be found through ever nation...

When all these colors are blended,

black become God's greatest creation"

Oblivion   

"Lama huraan waa dhulkaaga Hooyo!"

I'm very optimistic that sometime soon, the new intellectual elite will be born from all those hundreds of thousands of Somalis that fled the civil-war in Somalia.Our country is young, and unfortunately we dont have much of history except war.We were always short of cool heads at the time of need.All the great nations have gone through painful changes and bloody revolutions, see France, Russia, the civil-war in America.

The by-product of the Somali civil-war will be new educated, energetic and patriotic

generaion to replace the old guard like Egal, Abdilahi Yusuf and AbdiKasim.These people are power-hungry mob, who divided us into "Hutus" and "Tutsis".What alarms me is the way these people are still sowing seeds of hatred eventhough their days are numbered.They talk about holocaust in Baidoba, and Hargeisa to agitate our deep wounds.

Somalis are proud by nature and we take that wherever we go.Honor means everything to most of us.However many of us feel humiliated abroad.We cant live the "way" we

want.We cant bring up our children the Islamic way.Many of them are already assimilated by Hollywood and the filty culture it propagates, while others are imitating "thugs".In some places climate is unbearable.Somalia is virgin country, it's like the America of old:The land of dreams and opportunity.If you have great ideas; it's the best place to be.All these factors compel us to GO home the moment things normalize back there.Count on it!

Hibo   

Oblivion: If we go by the saying " Go back when there is a hay".. brotha no peace will befall....our home.. we are the future...only we can make a difference..it has been a decade and two yrs since the war had began...its time to face the political thugs...n there illiterate followers...n make them smell the coffee!!

------------------

"Honesty is the best policy..shove it up their arses ...whether they like it or not"

Buubto   

Asalaamu Caleykum Wr Wb

Hibo

Sis yeah if we r muslims we might be in hot water at da moment in terms of politics. But things isn’t that bad, no matter how much we r the target. I aren’t in US yet I face the crap where I am although isn’t as bad as US. But the fact is, in west u could at least survive from day 2 day bases u don’t have to carry around guys with weapons so u could be protected. In Somalia is not wat u think, is not that easy, u r target every second no matter wat even the closest people to u will target u just to get ur money. how many ppl do we hear every day dat died by gunshot? But in the west is not like that u might came a cross once in a while a very racist person & that’s it.

Besides if u gonna establish a well structured business u need support & safety, ur employees should be safe as well as ur customers, clients & patients. Somalia isn’t a stable country right now they r on roller coaster. 4get establishing a business there, even the doctors whom were working in the hospitals were in danger & had to leave 4 their own safety. How many doctors were killed in Somalia hospitals during da war? So many. So sis I am aware that I will be dieing once not cuz a gun short or wat ever but cuz my time had finished. In the meantime I have to do my best looking after myself cuz “nin naftiisa naceb ma jiro”. Have u counted how many somali doctors r living in western that r 35 & above yet jobless living walfare? They r so many, they want to go back yet don’t want to risk their life. How money doctors that had a practice in Somalia came in western countries living under walfare, even though they hated it, yet they not in danger like back home. So sis “naftu wey macaantahay”.

Let’s be realistic here the only way Somali educated ppl could go back establish business & help ppl is when Somalia is at least 75% safe.

*****eykumu salaam wr wb Peace :smile:

Jaber   

Please stand up.......Please stand up.

Unfortunately,even the educated bunch are cursed with trabalism.

Soon,uncle Sam will come and start throwing smart bombs left and right operated by an unmaned airplanes.

Casulaties from uncle Sam's side=0 to 3.

Casulaties from the Somali side=at least few more hundreds or perhaps thousands,only then will the "evil" men smile having achieved sweet revenge.

Surely.Pay back is a *****!

I agree with Buubto ... Somalia is not safe, Everyone is gonna die one way or another we know that already! Maybe some of you didn't see what Took place in Xamar & the south in general when the War started? or what happends still?....... Plz don't tell me to go back to the same people who killed the Eldery, the children and raped women who were pregnant?

the North, the East and the West areas is Somewhat safer however even there they fight Sub-clan VS another... Lets not blind ourselves from the Truth... we all know somalia's current Condition and I don't think anyone of you is seriously thinking about Raising his/her children Where the War Never stops!!

2ndly, 'We are the Future of Somalia', Nicely said! However is anyone of you (US) Doing anything about what goes on in their and how our so called leaders, or Power Hungry should I say Treat us(the Country)?? I Don't like people who jus TALK THE TALK but Never do anything about it!! Either Go back and Kill 'em so called leaders or atleast take the power from them or just Keep Quite!!!

I don't think there is anyone who loves somalia more then me, but there is nothing I can do! for my people, my country! Gacmo wada Jir ayeey wax Ku Qabtaan!! Unless or Until our people are ready for a Better Somalia, a Peaceful somalia there is nothing I or you can do! If we are the Future of somalia , then our people must truly be ready for and willing to change!!

Ma'salaama

Oblivion   

With all its faults and short comings, I still love Somalia.Its problem is complex and tragic, a very sad case indeed.Too much choas: killing, looting continue to date.Majority of the people are malnutritioned and cant avoid a decent meal.Foreigners dub it "a failed state"!You all know how bad it feels not to pass an exam.The irony here is that we have a situation of me against my brother.I dont know how Almighty God can have mercy on a nation that is self-destructive, eating itself from within.The warlords are insensible like the microbes on the corpse of a nation. They thrive on murder and chaos. If I had my way, I’d slay ’em all on a beautiful day since they don’t deserve to walk on the face of the earth.

Now talking about the "educated" Somalis, we have many of them,at least to provide us with leadership.However, there is a difference between formal education and enlightenment!You see,in the TNG we have lot of rookie politicians calling themselves MPs who dont even know the ABCs of political science or macroeconomics.While the top persons in the TNG, Somaliland, and Puntland are from the old school.They are used to an enviroment were money changes hands to get support.These politicians will never take us anywhere.

Those of us who are spared all the misery thats at home should not be misled by these devils in disguise.These days, you'll find a Somali, almost in every capital of the world.The least you can do for your country is to get educated, it is a duty!!Everything else is minor.

Peace!

--------------------------------------------

An exile from home splendour dazzles in vain

Oh, give me my lowly thatched cottage again!

Home! Home!

Sweet, sweet home!

There's no place like home!!

Hibo   

"The journey of 10,000 miles begins with the first step"... I for one, am waiting on my degree the minute it lands in my hands... I am heading home...I don't know about the rest of u.. all I gotta say is..most of the folks.. that r trying to make something out of somalia.. r the same ones that had crumbled it. For so long we have been " reer fadhi ku dirir"...its time to take some action... alittle diference in one little zone...could result in expansion. We got one advantage as to being somalis.. we r oral.. meaning we transmit 'wararka'.... through gossip...any message we wanna convey to the society as a whole...should be trended down through one 'xaafad'..anyways, this is just my wo cents...face it Nomads...its risky but its HOME... How long r we going to live as exiles? Being called us Refugees when we have a country larger than most of the western powers? Think about it for a while!

------------------

"Honesty is the best policy..shove it up their arses ...whether they like it or not"

Asalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

One of my dreams has been for me to go back to Somalia as soon as I get my degree, open up a practise and help my fellow Somalis...for if we do not rebuild Somalia ourselves...who will do it for us?

"there is nothing I can do! for my people, my country!"

Lady Fatima, abaayo macaan, I totally disagree with that, for example insha allah one day I shall become a doctor, I know our country needs doctors and as soon as I get my degree, I know Somalia is the first place I'm heading as I know a doctor will help the sick people back home and helping to cure the sick is something which will help "my country...and my people".

"Is not worth going back home if my life is under threat"

Buubto abaayo have faith in Allah (swt)...that is all you need to keep you safe where ever you are at

"u r target every second no matter wat even the closest people to u will target u just to get ur money."

sis when was the last time you went to Somalia? I tell sis, I went there last summer and I had the time of my life...lol I assure you I was not targeted "every second"... "how many ppl do we hear every day dat died by gunshot? But in the west is not like that u might came a cross once in a while a very racist person & that’s it"...again sis I beg to differ...where I live at right now (W.London UK), in my particular area, there have been two bomb explosions, one in August and another in September (before the 11th)...those two places that the bomb went off in, one is 5mins from my school and the other I pass nearly every day to get to work...not to mention the rapist that is still at large...I no longer go to the park near my house as a women was raped their at 3 in the afternoon and there was another attempted rape...None of these things happened when I went to Somalia...I don't even recall a person being shot whilst I was at Marka last summer...

You are right Buubto when you say "Somalia isn’t a stable country right now"...Somalia as a whole isn't a stable country...but if we do not make Somalia "stable" ourselves...who will? If we do not rebuild Somalia ourselves...who will? For sure Somalia will not become stable, or rebuild itself...it is up to us to do these things...if we stay in the west after getting our education, then we shall only be helping the West to become stronger and better, whilst our own country is crumbling to become nothing...

"Home is where the heart is" and for sure, my heart is in Somalia...

Ma'Salaama

------------------

Remember Allah (SWT) in everything you do...fear Allah ya muslimeen

Hibo   

Muslimah: Tell them sis... HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS.....n HOME IS SOMALIA!

------------------