Sign in to follow this  
Amistad

SOMCAN in Puntland

Amistad_revolt.jpg

Amistad - No i am not a racist - But I do I have prejudicial tendencies towards those that wish to make quick buck on my back without them being aligned with my interest nor having care for my future well being.

You claim be one thing – have an ambitious signature – and nick of slave ship – come under the guise of "friendship" so forgive me if I do not greet you with open arms or warm words.

Couple things that might help you burst your own bubble

SOMCAN and ilma Taar are out of the game – even hart tried & failed get them back into it fold – although they are still trying to no avail.

Somaliland has already signedwith these new kids on the block who are also aiming for Puntland as well as having the nod from Xamar.

The time of the private companies and greedy individuals are over - it is time to build state institutions - that are answerable to the people and have credible patriotic inclusions with long term aims that improve the conditions of those that they serve - not ajnebi - especially unscrupulous cadaans.

Originally posted by Amistad:

or heaven forbid...one of the dreaded kidnappers?

Ohh, Im so afraid !

you are slow - but not as gullible as you seem first :D watch your back - don't let your hunguri lead to your downfall. :cool:

Amistad   

Sayid you seem well informed, and of course I expect alot of caution and resistance on the part of Somalis and their respective govts. I am hoping to gauge those reactions and use this forum as a sounding board, such as yours, well done. So all remarks all welcome, and Ill do my best to explain in detail what we hope to accomplish.

Of course, the goal of any company is to make money, and that is not a crime in and of itself. What it boils down to is how the company conducts their business that is important and has a positive outcome for all involved.

You may not be aware that Hart put up $5 Million USD of their own money for their previous program, and the program had some success. In one and half years it generated over $13.5 Million USD for the Puntland Govt. It doesnt seem like much but it was a small pilot program and had to dis-engage after the civil war there made the program unworkable any longer.

I think you would agree that the govts in Somaliland and Puntland could use some help in securing their EEZs and coastlines from internal/external threats. The govts of Somali are slightly overwhelmed with this problem and I think you would agree, a private initiative may be able to curb the problem and start some small semblance of stability through starting a micro-economic system.

BTW Tritin/OPSEC are not players in regards of what we are offering. They are a company that offers long range radar interfaced optics for spotting small skiffs at sea. Saying they have opened offices in Hargeisa and Berbera have proven to be a little "ambitious" as I have been to both places, and I just cant locate them, nor will they respond to our requests for meetings there, and for us to "Demo" their new system on the open waters of the GOA.

Thanks for the information on SOMCAN. Not surprising if greed and corruption were involved, causing their failure. It really does appear a complete and total history of greed, corruption and criminality. Al Habibi, SOMCAN, Top Cat Marine the list goes on.

Puntland fishing resources are estimated to be capable of $350 Million USD per year. If properly managed the govt can see all of that money one day. They must be doing something wrong now or they would be seeing it themselves right now, would they not?

I would suggest they follow the TFGs lead and employ an international accounting firm such as PWC (Price Waterhouse Cooper), to Escroe account all the money we will make for them. Neither side steals any of the money made, it wont be possible. Eliminate the corrputable side of this resource, and you have a winner.

Our money comes via the USG funding this program, not by the money we make for Puntland. I hope that clears some things up for you, and thanks for your comments.