Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Data collection: Help needed

Ibtisam   

For those of you who never get out of this section:

I am doing data collection, can you please help if you have family who you support in the regions of Somaliland (whether you support the state or not is irrelevant) and you live in the UK.

1)Between the age of 17-30 willing to complete a Questionnaire via e-mail. (in English)

2)Between the age of 17-30 and willing to do a face to face interview (30mins) Telephone interviews possible. (in English)

3)Between the ages of 31-55 and willing to do a face to face interview. (30mins)

Telephone interviews NOT possible. (In Somali or English)

The study aims to collect raw data/ structural information about engines of development in that region and shifting attitudes and opinions with regards to Remittance and Diaspora initiated projects. The study is analysising declining trends and implications of this, as well as introducing new engines of development to reduce dependency.

All interviews are recorded and data collected in anonymous and confidential.

Please PM me, if you fall under any of those categorise or you know someone who would not mind taking part.

Questionnaires will be sent out next week, and I’ll need them back within the week. Interviews end of next week and the week after.

Thanks in advance.

Ibtisam   

^^^ smile.gif Lool Thanks xiin Y'll heard the big boss, help me out. :D

Ducaysane, either way you don't qualify, not from the UK. smile.gif But thanks anyway.

In any case, as I said, this has nothing to do with politics or statehood.

Ibtisam   

I know there are more people than this people! Only 5 people have contacted me. Can you dig deep in your hearts and answer 10 Question please. Don't make me target you individual and bully you, because I will if I don't get enough participants. smile.gif

I'm here ready to be in but she rejected me simply coz i don't live in the UK ,,,, :D

Welcome back Oodweyne ,,,,, this section is missing you maalmahan.

Abtigiis   

I don't see why where a data is collected from has to be the focus of those who are willing to help. After all, it is a learning process. Somalinna waxaan ku nacay wax kasta waxay ka dhigaan siyaasad! 100% with Ibtisam.

RedSea   

^^^Ninyow relax bal horta oo wax waydii dadka intaanad 'iska nicin' cidna.

The sister has been after this for a while. She has been collecting information about somaliland. She needs people from that area to participate, it has nothing to do with politics. If you were born there and now living in the UK, then I think you can participate.

Oodwayne sxb,

I was one of the first ones to contact her cuz I like that girl, but she told me you have to be in the UK to partipate and I am not.

Ibtisam,

Dont' forget mr. me and Valenteenah too, they qualify. :D

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

^^^ OK Ibtisam,...
:D

I'll be more than happy to recieve your questions, and therefore you can send me a
PM anytime you want, and you can count me in (I'll even get my wife and few relatives of mine to do as well)...

As for the other folks (i.e.,
Ngonge, Suldaanka, AJ, Ayoub, Lander, Red Sea, JB, Northerner, AfricaOwn,
and
Somalithinker
) what is happening fellas with this deafness.

I say, lets get a move on in here fellas and help our dearest Ms. Ibtisam with her project...

Regards,

Oodweyne.

She's looking for those that live in the UK which excludes me..I'm at N-America.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Ceyrow jr.:

^^^Ninyow relax bal horta oo wax waydii dadka intaanad 'iska nicin' cidna.

The sister has been after this for a while. She has been collecting information about somaliland. She needs people from that area to participate, it has nothing to do with politics. If you were born there and now living in the UK, then I think you can participate.

Is that so? my mistake!

Ibtisam   

Thanks Guys. Sorry for those of you offered and I had to turn down. Maybe next time inshallah you can give your two cents.

Oodweyne Thanks in advance. I will inshallah, this week.

Ceyrow jr

did you say "Me" I'm not sure about that, Trying to keep it valid and reliable data. :D [Me; I'm kidding]

JB: You've done enough already, but don't worry I have even more work for you. :D That lady refuses to answer my e-mail by the way? :confused:

Macawis-Cadde & CO

It is impossible to collect data for the whole of Somalia, unless you want fund a research team to help me and analysis etc, it is a fairly small sample focused in a certain sector. I can only do what is within my capacity, and Inshallah I hope everyone can, so we can build some solid research on Somali people, both in the west and back home in Africa. Only then can we accurately plan for the future.

Salamah and thanks to everyone. smile.gif