Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Bukur: reconciliation metaphor!

Laba-X   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

It’s those in the Diaspora who are well aware of the forces at play in Somali conflict to whom my challenge was directed at.

...And it is they who sit, though all seemingly brimming with alluring ideas and pragmatic solution, indifferent to all this going-ons. The tongue they have but are far comfortable in the luxury of life in the west. Some might even go at lengths to add that it is they, those in the Diaspora, who are fuelling the fire with their finances!

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Many want to continue the campaign to avenge for the fallen Bukurs of our time…

...and many of those campaigns have proven inffectual beyond a website's editorial and are not poignant enough to evoke any real sense of sentiment or passion.

Baashi   

Maa shaa Allah. Finally I have found (accidently) what I have been looking for sometimes now. Poet Axmed Sheekh Jaamac's written masterpiece. I had the analog audio version (I lost it) and at one point tried to do a written version of it. I must thank LX for posting it.

Poet Ahmed is Somalia's George Orwell. The piece posted on Doollo site is his rendition of Animal Farm.

Amazing piece.

Laba-X   

Xiin, maa adeer. Soomaalida marna waan u naxaa walle, marna waan kaa naxaa. Waan u naxaa oo qurba-joogeena damiir iyo dareen li'i ayaa badankood dishey (usually stemming from the 'I am safe, that's all that matters'). Kuwa dalkii ku noolna xaaladoodu waxey taagan tahay 'Allow yaa kaa saara mar qura'

The ones in the Diaspora are apathetic, and the ones in Somalia are letting go of the last droplets of hope.

Walaahi it is my belief that, if America or the West were to bring a ship and dock at Port Bosaaso/Mogadishu/Berbera and say that it was willing to transport any willing person/s to America, Somalia would be uninhabited save for a few of the Reer Guuraaga.

Marka igama ahayn Lughzi (what a word! never heard of it) adeer, ee waa murugo awgeed!

Baashi, Adaa mudan sxb! A masterpiece indeed. Masha-Allah he is talented and very knowledgeable, wuxuu soo tirinayo iyo siduu isugu hagayo waa cajiib. I am in the process of translating it into English and your help would be greatly appreciated.

stoit   

Thanks for the reply xiin.

I have just realised that i may have put words in your mouth and that you did not say what i had concluded to be your position. Sorry for the mistake if that was so.

In order to get out of this mess i believe that the citizens ought to choose to do things only by peaceful means. They must first accept that violence will only breed more violence and that the government has the only authority to use force and that can only be against those that break the law and even then with limited agreed upon ways. We must rest our faith with our government in order that it may learn to honour its responsibility and be held accountable to them.

That set aside ,if the government then oversteps its boundaries and is blatantly evil and destructive against inocent people ,i am sure somalis will all unite and with the help of the international community we will then triumph.

Everybody including the international community can now not discern wrongs from rights and credit either goes to the wrong party or is left undecided and we continue to suffer.

Although my knowledge of somali politics is very limited-i avoid it on purpose- i personally do not think that revenge played a part in any of what has been happening.

We can all differ in opinions and still be brothers. If we all had the same ideas we wouldnt be of any use to one another.

I will leave you all to continue. My limited knowledge in this field allows me no further than my opinions and i have expressed them.

Like it has been said "hadii aan lakala roonaan roob ma da'o" and we can only pray for now. ILLAHOW FARAJ NOO FUR AAMIIN.

Buuxo   

xiin, it was interesting to read the reconcilation metaphors you posted .

I recalled a similar story, oo nin naagtiisa ,sedex caruur u dhashay gawracey,marki lawaydiiyeey maxa uu sabab ah yiri, mas'uliyad reerkeeda bey ku xad-gudubtay.Markaas reerka eey gabadha ka dhalatay ninkii doonteen seey uga aarsadaan. Laakiin gabadha aabeehed baa joojiyeey dadkii rabay in ay dilaan ninka, oo yiri ani iidaaya ninkaas,ana talada iska leh. Aabihi fag intuu yiri buu gabadhi mid ka yar,u geeyey una dhisay ninkii dilay gabadhi kale.Arinti saas buu ku xaliyey , wuxuuna amray in reerkiisana ayna ka daba-hadlin.

Dadwaynihii oo lawad yaaban odeygi taladiisa,baa qabiilki ninka wax dilay siyeen odeygi 200 geel oo ah magti gabdhi ,sidaasna wayku heshiiyeen. Marka sheekadaan waxaa loo so qataa Balaayo rag heyshay ,laakin manta waxa heyso somaaliyo waa balaayo rag waysay .Inshallah mardhowna waye hali rag safiican ugu taliyo.

Baashi   

Xiinoow there is similar Aesop fable out there. I used to read it to my kids. Plz dig it up.

Btw the case for dirrin has been made. It is rock solid case. Awoowe isaga har.

Buuxo, that man had a foresight for had he allowed his sons kill his son-in-law he would have inherited the burden of raising carruur agoon ah oo weliba aabahood gacanta abtigood ku baxay…

Baashi, I wanted to help people realize that advocating for peaceful settlement for Somali conflict is not akin to supporting current tfg entity. And by latching on this Dirin ever firmly, I believe I achieved that goal. Qofku waa garrami karaa laakiin ninkii nabad ka hadlaba haddii lagu soo yaacoo as though he is advocating or supporting teh ongoing Ethiopian presence on our soil sheekaddu waa foolxumaanaysa...

stoit   

Appologies to nephthys

Caf iyo masaamax wa aduunyo, anaguna binu aadan baan nahay. Waan khaldamay.

Wanaag RABI hortaada hadigo aamiin.

macasalaamo