Sign in to follow this  
nafta

Do you think the jihad war in Iraq is justified?

nafta   

Can we consider this war a jihad in the first place, is my first question, when the iraqis were welcoming the "galo" with open arms in the first place. They wanted to be freed of Sadam but didnt see the price they would have to pay later on. And now they want them out and they call it a jihad. I thought jihad was all about fighting the "Kufaar" from the beginning on and not when you see that things are not working out as they were "supposed to". The good thing that has come out of this is that sunnis and shi'a are united to fight the americans. So the burning question is Can this war really be seen as A Jihad?

Blessed   

when the iraqis were welcoming the "galo" with open arms in the first place.

Who said, Iraqis were welcoming America in the fisrt place. We might have seen one or two guys on the BBC or CNN saying 'Sadam bad' 'Thank you Bush'- But was this a true representation of Iraqi ppl - I don't think so.

I don't know if it's jihad - I think only a a qualified Scholar can give such a fatwa.

But, I know that America has lied it's way into Iraq - and have ignored to the Iraqis pleas to allow the Iraqi ppl sort out their own problems - and are not justified in their occupation of Iraq or in their dictatoraship of how Iraqis should organise their political affairs.

Bush is not prepared to allow the Iraqi ppl to form an 'Iranian' type of government - bal maxaa ka galay? Is he Iraqi, no? Is he in a position to make decisions in this matter?

Don't you see that this a blatant war with the shari'a - America is trying to stop the a Muslim country from adopting a sharia system - to me that justifies jihaad.

So, yes the Iraqis have every right to ask them to leave their country and if America refuses - than the Iraqis have a very legitimate reason to fight them out of their country. I see it as jihad- but am not a Mufti, so I don't ask that ya'll take my word for it...

N.O.R.F   

The US never thought the Shia and Sunnis wud ever unite, Iraq is at the brink of being united against the coalition forces, thats why they are quick to try and stifle any resistance, but i think its too late.

takbir

HONEY-D   

well i agree with ms london not all iraqis were in favor of the coilation forces invading their country even those who welcomed them at first probably regret later on when they realised the true motive of the americans and how they couldnt careless about iraqi people.

moving on to your 2nd question in my humble opinion this war can be justified as jihad because its muslim Vs Non-muslim cant get any simpler than that.

Rahima   

It was reported from the blessed prophet s.a.w:

“One who is killed defending his wealth is a Shaheed, one who is killed defending his blood is a Shaheed, one who is killed defending his religion is a Shaheed, and one who is killed defending his family is a Shaheed” [saheeh, reported by Abu Dawud, at-Tirmidhi, an-Nisaa`i and Ahmad from Sa’eed bin Zaid. Also in Saheeh al-Jami’ #6321]

Therefore, we can clearly come to the conclusion that the war in Iraq is undoubtedly a jihad which is Fard Cayn for every Muslim in those areas of Iraq and will continue to all of us as Muslims until the aggression ceases.

It is a jihad for the simple fact that our brethren are been attacked in their own homes and are been dictated to by aggressors.

The stance on this is clear-cut so we say may Allah have mercy on all the Shuhadaa'.

I agree that it is a jihad. What the iraqis wanted was Saddam out but not occupation. Its in their right to fight the new aggressors. And im also glad to see the Shias and sunni unified.Alhamdullilah.

Buubto   

Asalaamu Aleikum Wr Wb

I agree with Ms london & Rahima. Yes I believe Iraqis are in jihad simple fact that they are been ruled in their own land. Not to mention the fact that Americans are destroying them even in the house of Allah (mosque / masjid). I pray to Allah that the galos will pay what they did to Iraqis. May Allah bless Iraqi people in this difficult time. Alhamdulilah suni’s & shias united it really shows how strong the Iraqi Muslims r.

Takbiir

Allahu Akbar

Allahu Akbar

Allahu Akbar