Sign in to follow this  
Xudeedi

Picture of Sultan Mohamoud Ali Shirreh+History of North Somalia.

Xoogsade   

Thanks Bro Maakhir. I read one of the articles quick. I didn't know some of the tribes mentioned had been traitors to the dervish cause lol. Good info though. Will read some more of the history.

Xoogsade   

Maakhir, What did I know bro? I never had access to a balanced history and everyone I am related to or made contact with on an intellectual level was intent to indoctrinate me into certain beliefs. It is good to read variety now and learn more.

Thanks again for the website. I will spend sometime on it Inshallah.

Som@li   

Thanks Maakhir for the link. and quite valuable history, these days it's hard to find history presented corructly,

BTW whn wre thse pics taken?,and are the towers still intact?i remember a term.."Hadii dhahar yiri,,....." :D ?

Xudeedi   

QUOTE]Originally posted by Farxan:

Thanks Maakhir for the link. and quite valuable history, these days it's hard to find history presented corructly.

That is true and that is why our brothers in dhahar.com have put big effort in writing this priceless history with more to come in shallah.

BTW whn wre thse pics taken?,

I think the picture of the Sultan was taken in 1898.

The castles are still intact.

Thanks for your appreciations.

xoogsade, thanks man. YOu seem to be respectful to the history of others, and whatever influence you had in the past can be updated and revised by your love for our priceless histories.

:D

Xoogsade   

Bro Maakhir, The geography(within Somalia) inwhich historical events took place, and what segment of Somali society shaped that history or were involved, are of no consequence to me. I treat both the history and the somalis involved with fairness and try to understand the events within context. Somalis are like siblings from the same father whose differences are family differences, but nothing profound that requires anyone of them to feel separate from the rest of the same family they belong to. At least for me, that is how I operate mentally.

Gediid   

Is this history or just another misplaced piece of writing elevating one tribes claim to fame.. :confused:

Waar dadkan yaa u sheega dinner time stories that you and your family share at the dinner table are not necassirly history.They are mostly feel good about yourself stories to build your self esteem and once one hits puberty he/she outgrows them and definately does not post them on the web as TRUE history.

PS

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but I personally have been told I hail from a long line of sultanates possibly the longest in Somali history but since I can't prove that I thought best to put them in my list of favorite childhood tales.

Others in that list include Cinderalla,Ali Baba and the forty thieves,The Greek Gods series,Beauty and the best just to name a few.

Paragon   

^^^ LooL Gediid!

I think the articles were rather written in Wikipedia encyclopedia. The fellows in dhahar.com seem to have copied the articles in their entirety. A good question is who can edit or write Wikipedia? Can it be possible that Somalis can write in it? Maybe, Maybe not!

Gediid   

Jamaal

Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see their source plus this message. :D

Refernce

If you are interested in reading a complete articles of the treaty entered by the British with clans of Somalia, contact me
maakhirkoos@hotmail.com
Note: All other treaties are similar and have the same precepts of contract articles. They therefore, indicate a control of British over the territories of other clans, for example, the
edited
clans such as
edited
, and
edited
clans such as
edited
. The
edited
treaty with British is totally different from the rest. No tribal area is called Country except the
edited
one. The British dealt with
edited
as a nation and did not dare to tamper with their power and control over their territories

Xudeedi   

Originally posted by Gediid:

Is this history or just another misplaced piece of writing elevating one tribes claim to fame.. :confused:

You have the effrontery to call the well-written articles of history as "misplaced", but you can't rid of your thinking the differences between catenative and main verbs.

Perhaps you haven't heard of Sultan Mohamoud Ali Shirreh. He was a true leader whose events have been discussed in many books. There is even a whole chapter, titled, "Gerad Mohamoud Ali Shirreh--Hidden Treasure--Royal REception", written by Speke Hammington in 1854 that goes into great detail about Sultan's rule over his dominion, from the book, "What led to the discovery of the Nile". LINK

Waar dadkan yaa u sheega dinner time stories that you and your family share at the dinner table are not necassirly history.They are mostly feel good about yourself stories to build your self esteem and once one hits puberty he/she outgrows them and definately does not post them on the web as TRUE history.

Please do expound what you consider as history and the meaning per se. What you have to understand is that no one is trying to boost his self-esteem. Perhaps you are bothered by the display of such beautiful history or your perfunctory examination of the articles. Second, they$ are an offshoot of well-known branch. it is just that they happen to have fortunate history that stand tall within.

PS

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but I personally have been told I hail from a long line of sultanates possibly the longest in Somali history but since I can't prove that I thought best to put them in my list of favorite childhood tales.

Others in that list include Cinderalla,Ali Baba and the forty thieves,The Greek Gods series,Beauty and the best just to name a few.

If you have long line of sultanates and can present it with reliable citations, i would love to read it. With all due respect, reread the articles including the treaties.. You shouldn't leap into conclussion of something you ignorant about. :D

Jamal-11. I know the team that run dhahar.com, and they told me the person who put it in Wikipedia is part of Dhahar.com team.

Xoogsade, good point xoogsade.

Smithwestern. you wlc brother and i appreciate that.

Ps. History----the study of past events, esp the political, social, and economic development of a society.

what is there for you to refute Gediid other than seeing the truth.

^^

Just say Sultan Ali Shirreh wrote a letter from the grave supporting Somaliland's secession - then GEDIID won't feel so minuscule. :D

And thanks for sharing the history link. Very interesting.