Sign in to follow this  
Xudeedi

Picture of Sultan Mohamoud Ali Shirreh+History of North Somalia.

BN   

Interesting read.

Maakhir,

They say, "Envy is the sincerest compliment." :D

Xudeedi   

Originally posted by Bari_Nomad:

Interesting read.

Maakhir,

They say, "Envy is the sincerest compliment."
:D

Bari, walahi, personally, iam not trying to elevate something, but this is an interesting history, some of which, were retrieved from major public libraries in England--eg. treaties. I thought i should share it with my brothers here because it helps them understand well our past events and political development as a society.

Thanks Bari_Nomad.

Gabbal   

LOL Wind Talker...Maakhir sxb I think Gediid's response should have been expected . That article on Wikipedia wasn't very "nice" to Gediid's domain, and in a sense downplayed them into nothing. If anything you should expected his reaction.

Gediid   

Wind Talker iyo Ciidanka white flags la ordayaa ;)

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

Horn

Before you make an utter fool of yourself in a public domain like this try to verify the contents and referrence material usually given at the botton of an article ;)

Maakhir

Was it not Voltaire who said "History is fables agreed upon" well I dont agree with your fable.Instead I think its one most suited as bedtime stories for 6 year old boys :D

Just one question tho what ever happened to that mighty empire that made it vanish into political insignifance till today :confused:

PS

Empires rise and fall is not an argument I'm willing to buy... :D

Xudeedi   

Hornafrique, great vision. I like the way you stand for the unity of Somalia.

Originally posted by Gediid.

Empires rise and fall is not an argument I'm willing to buy...

good 4 you, but avoid using pretentious language.

Gabbal   

Horn

Before you make an utter fool of yourself in a public domain like this try to verify the contents and referrence material usually given at the botton of an article

Here we go, getting ahead of our horse icon_razz.gif Gediid I don't think I even commented about the authenticity of that research. All I did was read it and see what made you tick ;)icon_razz.gif

As for what I think of it? I have been told of the Sultanate before, so who am I to criticize the proud history of a people? I don't gain or lose anything, so who am I to argue about it :confused: They lived it, it was theirs...so if I am told that it happened, then I will believe it and be proud with them.

Xudeedi   

------>Excuse is a last resort to an agitated mind. The Work Cited Page is there if you are interested in verifying the content of the articles. Is that right Hornafriquee smile.gif

Go Back to Jamaal-11's provided link and check it.

:D