Sign in to follow this  
Yeniceri

Maxamed Dheere speaks

Yeniceri   

Middle Shabelle regional governor Maxamed Cumar Xabeeb (Max'd Dheere) speaks publicly about recent comments by federal minister Cabdalla Deerow regarding the recent peace agreement signed between Lower Shabelle and Middle Shabelle regional adminstrations. In his comments, Max'd Dheere questioned the difference between Yusuf Indhocade - Lower Shabelle leader - and Barre Hiiraale - Jubba Valley governor - since both are from Galgaduud region.

Its hard to miss the tribal overtones of his comments, but I believe he hit the jackpot. I think the only difference between Indhocade and Hiiraale is that Hiiraale is part of the TFG and supports it, while Indhocade is proactive anti-TFG. Other than that, the two men have two things in common: both from Galgaduud region; and both control areas by force (because neither was elected by the natives). Max'd Dheere's comments hit the issue at the heart without assorting to cheap diplomatic talk.

Many on SOL believed him to be a follower for certain individuals, but more and more Max'd Dheere continues to show that he's indeed a leader independent of others' influence.

How does the SOL community view his remarks?

Gabbal   

Hypocrisy is amazing. Simply because Indha-cade and Hiiraale might both be from Galgadud, everything else about them must mirror? For the record, Barre Hiiraale was born in today's Kililka 5naad, not Galgadud. But no, its quite obvious the logic has nothing to do with his factual birthplace as opposed to where his clan could be from. Somalis are amazing iga dheh. Well, following their logic, since Hiiraale's clan also settles in Gedo, Jubooyinka, and Kismaayo, along with Galgadud, Hiiraale has as much right to be there as anyone else. Translate that to Indha-cade case and see the double hypocrisy of comparing the two men.

But anyways, I don't believe Maxamed Dhere really cares about the logic in that. I honestly feel he is testing Abdulahi Yusuf and that this is a litmus test for whether Cabdulahi can continue residing in Jowhar, his "temporary" capital. It is quite obvious Yusuf and Maxamed Dheere had a falling out of sorts, which might or might not be because of this specific issue, but word is Cabdulahi Yusuf has forsaken Jowhar for his reliable backup, good ole' Puntland! Ar bal maxaa ka jirto arintaas? Has Cabdulahi Yusuf vacated the premises instead of succumbing to black-mail, and if so, where does this "government" go on from here?

This is HiiraanOnline's take on Abdulahi's recent move to Bosaso:

Mas’uuliyiinta Dowladda Federaalka ee Jowhar ku sugan oo ku kala qeybsan Jawaab uu ka sugayay Xildhibaan Barre Hiiraale

Axad, December 18, 2005(HOL): Warar laga helay ilo muhiim ah ayaa sheegaya in mas’uuliyiinta dowladda federaalka Soomaaliyeed ee ku sugan magaalada Jowhar ay ku kala qeybsan yihiin codsi uu u soo jeediyay Col. Barre Hiiraale oo ka mid ah Wasiirrada Xukuumadda, kaasoo mas’uuliyiintaas weydiistay in ay ogolaadaan in shirka dhexdhexaadinta lagu bilaabo, laguna dhameystiro magaalada Kismaayo.

Wararku waxay sheegayaan in madaxweyne C/llaahi Yuusuf Axmed uu qabo in codsigaas la tixgeliyo, balse ay si weyn uga soo horjeedaan Wasiirka Qorsheynta iyo Iskaashiga Caalamiga ah C/risaaq Juriile iyo Guddoomiyaha Gobolka Shabeelaha Dhexe Maxamed Cumar Xabeeb (Maxamed Dheere) , kuwaasoo la sheegay in ay ku adkeysanayaan in aan wax laga bedelin go’aankii ay soo jeediyeen xubnaha baarlamaanka ee ku sugan magaalada Jowhar ee ahaa in wejiga hore ee wada hadallada lagu qabto Kismaayo, kan ugu dambeeyana Magaalada Jowhar lagu soo af-jaro, iyadoo la sheegayo in Ra’iisal Wasaare Geedi qudhiisa aanu arrintaas waxba ka qabin.

Khilaafka arrintan ee madaxweynaha iyo raggii aadka ugu dhawaa ayaa la soo weriyay in uu yareeyay kulamadii ay isugu imaan jireen , iyadoo uu Madaxweynuhu ka baaqsaday kulan casho sharaf ahaa oo loo sameeyay ka qeybgalayaashii doodda daraasadda dib u dhiska ee ka yimid gobollada, isagoo sidoo kalena ka baaqsaday in uu soo xiro doodda daraasaddaas, taasoo ay warar xog ogaal ah la xiriirinayaan khilaafka soo kala dhexgalay ee ka dhashay codsiga Col. Barre Hiiraale , taasoo laga yaabo in ay dib u dhigto jawaabta laga sugayay dhinaca Jowhar ilaa muddo aan la ogeyn oo ku xiran inta laga soo af-jarayo khilaafka arrintan.

Dhanka kalena, Iyadoo la filayo in wafdi uu hoggaaminayo Madaxweynaha Dowladda Federaalka Soomaaliyeed Md. C/llaahi Yuusuf Axmed ay Talaadada u amba baxaan Magaalada Garowe oo ay ku tegayaan safar shaqo ah ayaa waxaa dhinaca kale soo if-baxaya warar sheegaya in madaxweyne C/llaahi Yuusuf Axmed uu si KMG ah ugu wareegayo deegaanka Maamulka Goboleedka Puntland.

Wararku waxay sheegayaan in ay jiraan is-qabadyo soo kala dhexgalay madaxweynaha iyo mas’uuliyiin kale oo ku sugan magaalada Jowhar, sidaasi darteedna uu doonayo in inta arrintaas is-faham laga gaarayo uu ku soo shaqeeyo deegaanada Puntland.

Warar aan la xaqiijin ayaa sheegaya in ay todobaadkii hore jireen dhacdooyin dhowr ah oo uu madaxweynuhu aad uga carooday balse ay ku lug lahaayeen mas’uuliyiinta kale ee ku sugan magaalada Jowhar, sida Wasiirka Qorsheynta iyo Iskaashiga Caalamiga ah C/risaaq Juriile iyo Maxamed Dheere oo ah Guddoomiyaha Gobolka ay martida u tahay Dowladda Federaalka Soomaaliyeed, iyadoo la sheegayo in aanu madaxweynuhu ku qanacsaneyn qaabka loo casuumay ka qeybgalayaashii kulankii aqoon is-weydaarsiga daraasadda dib u dhiska Soomaaliya iyo weliba khilaaf la sheegay in uu ka jiro dhinaca Taliska Ciidamada Booliska Soomaaliyeed.

Salaad Iidow Xasan (Xiis), Hiiraan Online

sxiis@hiiraan.com

Mogadishu, Somalia

^^^ Kashanre, I truly agree with you.

I can also imagine if any rift in between the

goverment and Mr. Xabeeb, taking into consideration

that Mahamed Dheere is unpredictable man.

AM

Xoogsade   

Kashanre

What is important is how Reer Kismayo Elders feel about Hiiraale's leadership of the town. So, I ask you saxib, are they happy with Hiiraale's Leadership? if it is yes, Ali dheere's view doesn't count does it?

Yeniceri   

^^

What's also important is how Reer Marka feel about Md. Indhocade's administration. Are they happy with his leadership?

Hypocrisy is amazing.

So, Max'd Dheere is a hypocrite for pointing out the fact that both Md. Indhocade and Md. Hiiraale control areas in Somalia through a mixture of means (force, mild diplomacy, etc.), although neither was elected or appointed by the natives? Comparitively, Md. Max'd Dheere was invited to rule Jowhar and the Shabellaha Dhexe region by the community elders who wanted peace and a isbaaro-free home - both of which he turned into successes.

However, Md. Kashanre, if its hypocritical to compare Md. Hiiraale and Md. Indhocade, who then in Somalia is more fit to be compared to the angelic Md. Hiiraale (who, it seems, is always in the right ;) )? Or is Md. Hiiraale above comparison, in a different class of warlord all his own?

Max'd Dheere hit the jackpot, regardless of his political reasoning. If he's a hypocrite for any reason, Max'd Dheere is a hypocrite for overtly labelling Md. Indhocade an "occupier" yet managing to sign a peace deal with him (as mentioned by Cabdalla Deerow). But, it seems you missed that major hypocrisy to run to the rescue of an angelic-warlord - among many, it seems, here on SOL Politics.

Xoogsade   

Yeniceri, Qofkaan fasax ka heysanin odayaasha degaanka Xaaraanuu meeshuu madax ka yahay ku heestaa, be it Indhacadde or Hiiraale although I think Hiiraale in laga qalleeyey for the greater good and in the interest of the disputing parties. Have you listened to the agreement audio files online inwhich Kismayo Elders were signing on to Barre Hiiraale's hegemony for the sake of peace? There is no warlord with a good cause really. They all su-ck. Ali dheere qudhiisa waa warlord but one who made Jowhar very peaceful and rules it with an iron fist. As you pointed out, he was called for the task. At least that gives him some distinction although I wonder what is his position in the TFG as he is in every damn picture(almost) A/Y is in. Waa laf dhuun gashay aw-dheere and wants his presence felt in everywhere in the town. Markaan arkabo waxaan soo xusuustaa ciyaalkii na banadi jiray balooniga haddaan ciyaarta wax laga siinin ;)

Gabbal   

So, Max'd Dheere is a hypocrite for pointing out the fact that both Md. Indhocade and Md. Hiiraale control areas in Somalia through a mixture of means (force, mild diplomacy, etc.), although neither was elected or appointed by the natives?

Comparing Hiiraale and Indha-cade is like comparing apples and oranges. It is simply not feasible. The history is different, the situation is different, and legitimacy of each ruling their domain is different.

Cabdulahi Yusuf was born in Galkacyo, Mudug region, what right has he to be in Boosaaso, Bari region? Caato was also probably born in Mudug region, what right has he to lay claim to, say, districts in Muqdisho, Benadir region? Were they both voted in?

What is important is how Reer Kismayo Elders feel about Hiiraale's leadership of the town. So, I ask you saxib, are they happy with Hiiraale's Leadership? if it is yes, Ali dheere's view doesn't count does it?

Appearently it doesnt Xoogsade as Hiiraale seems to have the support of all under his domain.

What's also important is how Reer Marka feel about Md. Indhocade's administration. Are they happy with his leadership?

No they are not Yeniceri, and that is why it is a very crucial aspect that is forgotton in this comparison. Last month and the ones before, there were very public uprisings against Indha-cade and even arms-gathering to defeat his "evil empire". Can the same be translated to Hiiraale's case? I think not! Infact it has been the complete opposite.

Comparitively, Md. Max'd Dheere was invited to rule Jowhar and the Shabellaha Dhexe region by the community elders who wanted peace and a isbaaro-free home - both of which he turned into successes.

No he wasn't invited, and no matter what face change he has had recently Maxamed Dheere is the worst kind of warlord. Was he not the man who shocked all Somalis by outlawing the hijaab during the early phases in the war of terror to recieve American support at the expense of his religion's tenets? He controls the region by force, and everyone bestows legitimacy to his person because clan lives there.

To end; whatever this news may seem; it was quite obvious it was a politically motivated black-mail. We can also be certain Abdulahi Yusuf departed rather then succumb to black-mail, because when you look at it honestly, Indha-cade and Hiiraale do not compare.

Yeniceri   

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

There is no warlord with a good cause really. They all su-ck.

Adiga you're off the hook, as long as you believe the above statement.

However,

Originally posted by Kashanre:

because when you look at it honestly, Indha-cade and Hiiraale
do not
compare.

Why? Is it because Md. Hiiraale is better at what he does (warlordism) than Md. Indhocade?

And if warlord Max'd Dheere wasn't invited to Jowhar by community elders, how'd he come to rule it in 2000?

I do recognize the minor historical differences between Md. Indhocade and Md. Hiiraale. However, in strictly legal terms, Md. Indhocade was appointed governor of Shabellaha Hoose region by then-President Cabdiqasim Salaad Booy. Md. Indhocade can always use that as a reference point. Md. Max'd Dheere can use the fact that he was invited to Jowhar by community leaders as his reference of legality. Md. C/llahi Yusuf's rule over Boosaaso has the legal stamp of hundreds of community elders from 5 regions in northeastern Somalia in 1998. [They (warlords) are all illegal rulers, of course, but I'm using warlord-logic here].

So, my final question is, under the same warlord-logic, what reference of legality does Md. Hiiraale have? He came to Kismaayo with "tekniko" and hundreds of clan militias, did he not (regardless of the reasons)?

Gabbal   

I do recognize the
minor
historical differences between Md. Indhocade and Md. Hiiraale.

So, my final question is, under the same warlord-logic, what reference of legality does Md. Hiiraale have? He came to Kismaayo with "tekniko" and hundreds of clan militias, did he not (regardless of the reasons)?

I will address those two after I am done responding to your other analogies.

However, in strictly legal terms, Md. Indhocade was appointed governor of Shabellaha Hoose region by then-President Cabdiqasim Salaad Booy.

Cabdiqaasim's administration is defunct. smile.gif Indha-cade has brought thousands of militiamen from his clan to subjugate the Lower Shebeele. The U.N has reported on his drug plantations. The locals are uprising and ministers in the federal government are exressing outrage at him being there. How does that compare to Hiiraale?

Md. Max'd Dheere can use the fact that he was invited to Jowhar by community leaders as his reference of legality.

Jowhar was the seat of contention between Maxamed Dheere and Muuse Suudi. Maxamed Dheere came out the victor because his sub-subclan dominates that area as opposed to Balcad, where Muuse Suudis' dominate. Before his recent media face lift with the hosting of this government, Maxamed Dheere was a tyrant on par with Indha-cade and has even banned the hijaab at one point. The man used his unlimited power in that area to stand against God. I do not know how you can compare that to Hiiraale.

Somali women held for wearing Muslim veil

Md. C/llahi Yusuf's rule over Boosaaso has the legal stamp of hundreds of community elders from 5 regions in northeastern Somalia in 1998.

Cabdulahi Yusuf had the legal stamp in that appointment in 1998. After loosing to Jaamac Cali Jaamac, Cabdulahi Yusuf waged war in the peaceful northeast with the support of his Ethio backers. He invaded Qardho and other important urban centers in the north and did not stop until he was at Boosaaso's gates. The people there were forward thinking and decided that the best course of action was to surrender rather then destroy the fruits of all that they had worked for more then a decade. He then controlled Puntland from Boosaaso without any right to do so but the size of his fist. The man was not fighting agression, he was the agressor. I do not see how he compares to Hiiraale.

NOW-

I do recognize the
minor
historical differences between Md. Indhocade and Md. Hiiraale.

Minor? Indha-cades relations weren't subject to oppression in a place they helped liberate. Indha-cade's relations were not expelled from their homes and treated as human dirt. You are being subjective and completely partison, so I can only ask; do you hail from Puntland?

So, my final question is, under the same warlord-logic, what reference of legality does Md. Hiiraale have? He came to Kismaayo with "tekniko" and hundreds of clan militias, did he not (
regardless of the reasons
)

How easy it is to dismiss the reasons. smile.gif Do you know what was the final trigger to the war for Kismaayo even after the expulsion? Do you know that a young man from Luuq, Gedo was taken hostage in Kismaayo and abused in the worst way possible? Do you know that a knife was taken to his skin and incised with the initials of all the sub-sub-sub-subclans of Puntland? Do know the name of Morgan was engraved in his skin? After enduring such torture do you know he was left to rot in the outskirts of Kismaayo?

Do you know who the young man was :confused: I am doubly sure you do not so let me inform you. He was Barre Hiiraale's only brother-in-law. That was the final trigger to war.

So I say again, comparing Hiiraale and Indha-cade is like comparing apples and oranges. It is simply not feasible. The history is different, the situation is different, and legitimacy of each ruling their domain is different.

Yeniceri   

^

:D Such a passionate defense for a warlord. Its quite surprising, then, when you express dismay at those Somalis who blindly support the likes of Max'd Dheere, C/llahi Yusuf and Indhocade, because your blind support of Md. Hiiraale, believe it or not, is on par with those folks - regardless of the reasons for your support. His brother-in-law was wronged. Worse things have happened in Somalia, bro, but life continues. Today, an estimated 2 million Somalis - some in Gedo region even - face a terrible drought. Is Md. Hiiraale coming to the rescue of his fellow sub-clan comrades who face potential drought in nearby Gedo region? Is it in his political interest to help those innocent souls? If it was, he'd come to their rescue a long time ago, instead of spending time, money and energy hosting yet another "peace conference" for all of Somalia's warlords. Does Hiiraale work for the interest of the very people he supposedly represents? :confused: Do any of these filthy warlords work for the interests of those they supposedly represent?

I think not. A warlord is a warlord and I consider all the differences you mentioned between Md. Hiiraale and Md. Indhocade as minor because you are not admitting the biggest similarity: they're both warlords!

Indha-cade's relations were not
expelled
from their homes and treated as human dirt.

Priceless! :D Since Md. Hiiraale's "relations" were also expelled from Booli Qaran and other lively parts of Xamar, did Md. Hiiraale use his moral judgment to wage war on Xamar to regain those "lost treasures"?

You are being subjective and completely partison, so I can only ask; do you hail from Puntland?

Great! Now only people from Puntland are "subjective and completely partisan"? That's pretty much as bigoted as one can get. Make an indirect insult against millions of Somalis in the honor (ironic) of defending a warlord?

We have nothing further to discuss, my brother.

P.S. I'm not from Puntland and I've never seen Puntland. I'm from 253. HAHA :D

Gabbal   

Such a passionate defense for a warlord. Its quite surprising, then, when you express dismay at those Somalis who blindly support the likes of Max'd Dheere, C/llahi Yusuf and Indhocade, because your blind support of Md. Hiiraale, believe it or not, is on par with those folks - regardless of the reasons for your support.

Sxb, with all due respect, I have already given my reasons as to why Hiiraale is not on par with those said men. The supporters of those men still support them despite the oppression and agression they spear-head. Before changing the topic into what Hiiraale could do, why don't you address what Hiiraale has done. Who does he oppress? Has he carried it out agression? What differentiates between the said men is in effect that! What could be done is another topic, here we are debating about what has been done and that which differentiates between those men.

because your blind support of Md. Hiiraale

I don't think that is neceassarily a fair accusation. What I have stood against in this forum is the habitual "support-group" that expresses nothing but lies about recent history that cannot be denied. Hiiraale is not an innocent man, no man that has led a militia is. He has faults and I can honestly tell you one of my sharpest divergence with his "administration" is the charcoal-export that thrives in Kismaayo port. I would in any venue stand up and label that as treason against the Somali people and state! If a topic concerning him dealth with that matter, I would be the first to stand opposed to him. However the blatant hypocrisy and double standards around here concerning why he is in Kismaayo in the first place is not something I can stand. Mis-informing people and labeling him what he is not and attributing him to he has not done is not something I will sit back and watch. Be honest, play fair, and maybe my responses would not seem "passionate" in expressing the truth, the just reality.

A warlord is a warlord and I consider all the differences you mentioned between Md. Hiiraale and Md. Indhocade as minor because you are not admitting the biggest similarity: they're both warlords!

Being a warlord is as inconsequential as being a human being. You and I are human being, yet who is to say anything else about us mirrors? A warlord is anyone that controls a domain in the absence of a central government. Every single area in Somalia is warlord-controlled. Muqdisho is, Puntland is, Gedo is , Somaliland is. All the "leaders" in those areas are advertantly warlords. What kind of warlords they are is the consequential question. How they differ in that respect matters.

quote:You are being subjective and completely partison, so I can only ask; do you hail from Puntland?

Great! Now only people from Puntland are "subjective and completely partisan"? That's pretty much as bigoted as one can get. Make an indirect insult against millions of Somalis in the honor (ironic) of defending a warlord?

Now don't put words in my mouth sxb. I said you, shaqsigaada, was being subjective and completely partisan. The only reason I could think of you being that is because maybe you hailed from Puntland, since they are at the other side of the divide in this matter. In this matter sxb, not Puntlanders are naturally subjective and partisan. What would I gain from generalizing, when I hate being generalized myself?

P.S. I'm not from Puntland and I've never seen Puntland. I'm from 253. HAHA

First time I saw this Yeniceri nick and read your first post in this section, I knew that was you. :D There is nooo way you can mask that sharp wit and famous sarcasm. :D

Would a late wlc suffice? :cool:

A fracture leads to another rupture, and that is where the so-called tribalistic adminstration leads. One can argue whether this is the begining of the demise or the end of the demise, because as everyone can see, the fundamental breakup of the TFG's political differences is assured for known reasons.

Am asking the supporters of the none-government, what are the lessons we learned so far, so that we can apply the next government to be structured, presumably, somewhere in our country?

Yeniceri   

^

If the next government isn't one based on the teachings and tenets of Islam, then I'm afraid it will fail, just like all its predecessors.

KASHANRE -

HAHA Thanks, bro. So, the worst thing you can muster against Md. Hiiraale is that, under his administration, Kismaayo port has become a shipping center for the deforestation of the Jubba Valley? That's the worst thing that comes to mind?

Every warlord in Somalia is legitimized by his clan or sub-clan because he forms their armed wing, which protects their political and property interests, sometimes at the expense of fellow Somalis. So while the Kismaayo debate gets its loudest voices from Reer Puntland v. Reer Gedo, the "other" Reer Kismaayo (such as Soomaali Baajuun) get stepped on and overlooked by their Big Brothers, it seems. Where's the justice? :confused:

So the final trick is: How do you merge these diametrically opposed notions (unity v. clan segregation) into one Somali nation?

Islam. But who listens to me?

Yoonka   

Islam is the final abode of the Somali people as one nation. Let's work for the implementations of the Sharia Law. That will end our miseries once and for all, with the will of Allah, sw, if I may add that.

Jacpher   

Yeniceri:

Kashanre goes to the highest possible degree of support for Barre Hiiraale and does not consider him a warlord, honors and sees him as a god-like human. Read here. He dreams that one day Gedo, Jubada Hoose and Jubada Dhexe will become Jubbaland State , a state run by no other than the likes of Hiiraale, the Butcher of Kismaayo.

Kashanre: With all due respect, saxiib waxaan support kaba badanee, ma gabar buu kaa qabaa ninka, mise waad la xididay?