Sign in to follow this  
Muslim01

'The lightest punishment in Hell'

Muslim01   

The Prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam said: “The most lightly punished person in Hell will have two sandals and laces of fire because of which his brains will boil like a cauldron*. He will not think that anyone else is more severely punished than him, but he will be the most lightly punished.”

[Sahih Bukhari 6562; Muslim; 213]

*A cauldron is a large metal pot (kettle) for cooking and/or boiling over an open fire

cauldron_mist_lamp.jpg

Haneefah   

Laa xawla walaa quwata ilaa bilaah. Shivers!

You know, incidently, this came up in a xalaqa of ours tonight. We were covering tafseer surah Hud, when Allah commands Fir'awn and his qaum to be punished at the severest level; this hadeeth was brought up, and I thought to myself, how will the worst level of jahanam fare if the lightest level is of this magnitude? Inconceivable. Subxanallah.

ilax   

AAMIN, But needs hardwork for that to be safe from being thrown in to jahnamo; ilaahaw aduunka ha nagu fidnaynin, aamin

chubacka   

subhanallah difficult to think about. I think this punishment is somehow connected with saw's uncle abu talib, who didn't say the shahada on his deathbed but who helped the Prophet saw a great deal.