Sign in to follow this  
Herer

Ten Things We Waste

Herer   

Ten Things We Waste

1. Our Knowledge: Wasted by not taking action with it .....

2. Our Actions: Wasted by committing them without sincerity.

3. Our Wealth: Wasted by using on things that will not bring us ajr (reward from Allah). We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things which have no benefit in this life or in akhirah (hereafter).

4. Our Hearts: Wasted because they are empty from the love of Allah, and the feeling of longing to go to Him, and a feeling of peace and contentment. In it's place, our hearts are filled with something or someone else.

5. Our Bodies: Wasted because we don't use them in ibadah (worship) and service of Allah.

6. Our Love: Our emotional love is misdirected, not towards Allah, but towards something/someone else.

7. Our Time: Wasted, not used properly, to compensate for that which has passed, by doing what is righteous to make up for past deeds.

8. Our Intellect: Wasted on things that are not beneficial, that are detrimental to society and the individual, not in contemplation or reflection.

9. Our Service: Wasted in service of someone who will not bring us closer to Allah, or benefit in dunyaa.

10. Our Dhikr (Remembrence of Allah): Wasted, because it does not effect us or our hearts.

A lesson of Imam Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Nur   

Baarakaalahu feek akhi m_aden _nur

These jewels need to be hanged in our living rooms for all the family to see every morning as we go to work or school, and at every night as we retire to bed to account for our actions.

Nur

Fabregas   

JZK Aden. Indeed we must not become "wastemans" as they say in London slang. Talking about tens, Uthman(ra) is reported to have said:

[4] ` “The most futile of all things are ten – a

scholar who is not asked, knowledge which is not acted upon, a correct opinion

which is not accepted, a weapon which is not used, a mosque wherein none pray,

a copy of the Qur’an which is not read, wealth which is not spent, a horse which

is not mounted, knowledge of asceticism by one who pursues the dunya, and a

long life in which no provisions have been prepared for the departure,”

TopGirl   

jzk brother. that was good to read and made me thing twice. im going to use my time wisely from now on. since have started university i have drift away from religion. it got to a point were i dont read the quran for days. dont even pick up the kitab. quite scary really. but i was planning my time yesterday, and i have decided to join this dugsi thats open every monday and sunday.

pray to alaah for me that i become religious please.

Nur   

Top Girl

Alhamdulillah sis, that was a great decision, may Allah make your feet firm on your faith, to stay the course, you will need discipline, dont skip your Dugsi classes, no matter rain or snow, or laziness, just pull yourself and get your self there, inshAllah you will be a great lady.

Nur