Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Islamists vow to attack Somali forces, not Eithopians

Jacpher   

Somalia: Islamists vow to strengthen the attacks against Ethiopian troops.

Operations head of Islamic Courts Union, Sheikh Abdi Rahim Addow has revealed that their fighters planning to redouble the assaults of Ethiopian colonial forces.

"Our launching attacks not to be targeted the Ethiopian military troops, but the puppet regime giving a hand the Ethiopians to occupy Somalia during last year of 2006," said Sheikh Isse.

Islamic Courts Union fighters straggling how they come to power once again and to rule the war ravaged nation under Sharia law.

"We can develop frequently until to draw the invaded soldiers back in their country," added Sheikh Addow.

Courts fighters and other affiliated insurgents managed to topple out so-called government administrations in some south and central regions after deadly clashes in there.

The remark of Abdi Rahim comes out in a time battle conflicts intensified most of the Somali regions later than the Ethiopian backed by regime faded away to restore law and order lost Somalia in the past seventeen years.

Abtigiis   

Apparently, jimce has a distinction betweem Ethiopian troops and the TFG traitors! well, I don't make that distinction; and depending whoever the Muqaawama thinks should be attacked first, they should attack. They are on the battle ground and it is the wearer who knows where the shoe pinches!

Abu geljire: jimcale wuxuu is leeyahay bal day xabashiba nimankani uma jeedaanee hala yidhaa! He is trying to sell that hogwash.

Fabregas   

Yeah, but look at the title of the article he posted, it says: " Islamists vow to strengthen attacks against Ethiopians". :D

As for Somalis and T.F.G soldiers:

it is unfortunate and sad, because they arE all Somalis and Muslims. Everytime a T.F.G member or soldier dies, that's another Somali losing their brother, sister of father, right there! Meaning more Somali orphans and a continuation of the this great tragedy!

And many of the T.F.G soldiers are yong teenagers who can barely defend themselves, but being used to defend the interests of warlords.

Nevertheless, the consequences( harsh and brutal) of fighting alongside and or supporting an occupation have been made clear 2 all and perhaps many are realising that now.............with so many defections, soldiers dissapearing and defection 2 the other side! Inshallah, the rest will realise before it's too late!

Fabregas   

That could mean anything! What context was it said in? and does this mean that Ethiopians won't be targeted per se or in specific areas their allies will be targeted more?

Besides, line 1 says the exact opposite: Islamists to streghten attacks against Ethiopians!

assuming this article is an accurate caption of what HE actually said!

Abtigiis   

I know how Somali's talk. Af-somali haddaan kuugu sheego, Ethiopian kana waan la dagaalaynaa, kuwa la socdana waan la dagaalaynaa (oo waliba kaga horeynaynaa) unbuu sheekhu ujeedday. That is what they have always been saying. Now, the spin-doctors here are desperate to make something out of this. De adigunna ha u sii salixin.

Jacpher   

^I suggest you direct your questions and concerns to the website or better the person named in the article. I'm not in a position to place an interpretation for that quotation but if you feel you're, go right ahead and tell us what the Sheikh has in his mind or heart he needed to say but come out different.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

^I suggest you direct your questions and concerns to the website or better the person named in the article. I'm not in a position to place an interpretation for that quotation but if you feel you're, go right ahead and tell us what the Sheikh has in his mind or heart he needed to say but come out different.

But, you have already given a interpretation of what the Sheikh meant. This is evidenced by the title of this very thread, which is essentially designed to make people think the "Islamists" have somehow stopped attacking Ethiopians forces and only attack poor Somalis!

You saw a quote and you effectively ran away with it! As if to say: ooh, these Islamists they're only interested in killing poor innocent Somalis!

Only problem is that the first few lines and the actual title of the article( you posted) contradicts what you are trying to assert!

And that is my last on this matter, g'day ppl!

Jacpher   

^Ain't that also your own interpretation :D

Let's not kill the messenger. For everyone that reads the passage, they'll see two individuals in the same movement suggesting two things; increasing attacks on the Ethiopian, the other, launching attacks targeting, not Ethiopians army but the Somali government. Why do I have a feeling you're dismissing one over the other?

Isn't that's all the article is really saying. One Shiekh of the group is after the Ethiopians while the other Sheikh is interested in attacking Somalis working with Ethiopians.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

^Ain't that also your own interpretation
:D

Let's not kill the messenger. For everyone that reads the passage, they'll see two individuals in the same movement suggesting two things; increasing attacks on the Ethiopian, the other, launching attacks targeting, not Ethiopians army but the Somali government. Why do I have a feeling you're dismissing one over the other?

Isn't that's all the article is really saying. One Shiekh of the group is after the Ethiopians while the other Sheikh is interested in attacking Somalis working with Ethiopians.

Yes, indeed it does( if the we trust the Somali media).

But the title of this thread doesn't imply that does it? How hard is that to understand, jimcaale? The title of this thread implies that that the entire SOmalis Islamists have suddenly stopped their missions against Ethiopians to only attack Somalis, and know your backtracking by saying that article implies two things!

Your accusing me of favouring the words of one Sheikh over another, yet you are the one that used the words of only one Sheikh for yout title! Why didn't you write, " Somalis Islamist vow to attack Ethiopians and Somalis". For, clearly the very article you posted says as much?

Jimcaale, what exactly is your position on the targeting of the "Somali Government" or the T.F.G militias by the resistance?

Are they all immune because they are good Muslims and Somalis ?

And if yes, should your toolka, home-town or cousins be immune from such actions?

And what exactly is your position on the Ethiopian occupation?

Since some your posts are contradictory and clearly come across as Anti-T.F.G, or Occupation......noooooo Xabashis and their stooges in Somalia......

yet other times Ethiopian occupation is " the lesser of the two evils"

or

" were better off making alliances with Ethiopia".

And On some occasions your the Baashi-type neutral-analyst, who is for peace and reconcialiation!

Noo Kala Cade Bal!

stoit   

Geeljire

Saxiib i think alshabaab should lay down their weapons, denounce violence henceforth and concentrate thier energy on finding solutions to our problems.

The war would then stop

The ethiopians will go home

All will be peace

What do you think saxiib