Sign in to follow this  
Polanyi

Ugly Somali Flag Should be ditched

Polanyi   

The Somali Flag is offensive to Somalilanders, Islamists and Djiboutians. I think it should be changed. I have a Somali flag in my house, which was given to me at an event, but I would never bring it out- unless there was a volcanoe in the country which exports toilet paper material. real talk!

The blue flag is meaningful to some people and gives them strength and spirit in hard times especially when Somalia is going trough hard times now. I don’t think the independent Republics Djibouti And Somaliland, have a problem With Somalia’s Flag.

Hales   

Ive never head of a Nothwestern Somali find it offensive but i would speculate its because it would somehow be alligned with the days of Siad Barre.

A Djiboutian? you pulled this out of nowhere probably just to give credibillity and further the nonsence you wrote in the first place.

The Islamists are trouble though :mad:

I think theyve already replaced it and banned it in the South, if you take it out youll probably get a Taliban style beheading :(

Muxuu yiri ninkaas qabiildiid manaloo sharxii karaa. It seems hes been banned for it.

Im guessing it was a knee jerk reaction. smile.gif

Abwaan   

I think you have achieved your idea of just posting something over here... :D

Bal ayaandarradaan jirta, Somali flag haddii aad nacday cidna kugu qasbi mayso ee orod CATIR calan ka dhigo...yaab badanaa...

Sensei   

What has this person been smoking? Nowadays folks choose to be randomly offensive.

Wax buu soo kabaday tolow.

Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

The Somali Flag is offensive to Somalilanders, Islamists and Djiboutians. I think it should be changed. I have a Somali flag in my house, which was given to me at an event, but I would never bring it out- unless there was a volcanoe in the country which exports toilet paper material. real talk!

:D:D war bal adna calankaaga soo daa kolley isna waa maro uun e, khilaafkii hadda calammuu ku soo ururay

Polanyi   

btw, i was joking. I just wanted to see the response. It seems people are cool headed and .

Qabildiid, what can I say.lol