Sign in to follow this  
Mujahida

Islamic Rullings on Oral-Sex ?! What does ISLAM really say about it?

Rahima   

At least we learnt something here folks!

Mobb_Deep, i understood what you wrote and although i agreed with most of what you were saying, i was just trying to point out the obvious to you.

Nevertheless, know that everything in Islam is Halaal unless there is proof of the contrary. This is the general rule for Islam. The onus of proof is always on those claiming that a particular thing is haraam. And if you find a fatwaa' from a notable caalim with such proof, please do let us know. Like i said its best we learn from one another.

LATEAFHA,

Sister, I did not say that you were forcing people, I advised you to not try because that is the way it seemed.

As for knowledge, yes I agree, it is obligatory upon every Muslim and you have the right to ask questions. I never disagreed; in fact I was trying to defend your right to do so, not judging you as you seem to think.

Anyway, I’m not sure if apologies are due for I seem to of have irritated you, but much apologies anyway.

Salaam aliakum'all..

Nice topic Lateafa i have had this question on my mind for a century and a half,

i heared from this scholar it's o.k unless the man doesn't pour the sperm in the womens mouth and the women doesn't pee.. lol.

Subhana'allah

Well good'on'ya sis./.

P.S i Miss You'' Lateafa

Allah hafis

Rahima, Latiifa, Kheyr, Mobb_deep, and the rest I would be happy to share this article with you. Like Rahima stated, it is more productive that we bring forth daleels based on the Koran and Hadith or any fatwas repudiating the act. I hope we can learn something valuable from this article. I found this article to be very helpful on this topic. From my understanding of the following piece, it is best to reject this practice without any hesitation.

ORAL SEX IN ISLAM:

Oral sex between a husband and wife is considered as Makruh Tahrimi by the jurists, since there is strong possibility that by ejaculation, Mazi occurs and enters the mouth of the partner. There is consensus amongst the Fuqahaa that Mazi is Najis (impure)

ORAL SEX:

Man has been created as a bearer of high and noble attributes. In him he mirros the attributes of divinity (Sifaat-e-Ilaahiyya) such as life, knowledge, power, will, sight, hearing, speech, love, etc. In the authoritative Tafseer of the aforementioned Aayat, it is said that Insaan (man) has been adorned with the Noor of Aql (the light of intelligence). This celestial faculty of intelligence creates in Insaan the capacity for the manifestation of the lofty and divine attributes of Allah Taãla. By virtue of the Noor of Aql man becomes incandescent by being a mirror for these lofty attributes and manifestation (Tajalliyaat-e-Zilliyah and Sifaat-e-Zaatiyyah). As a direct consequence of this lofty pedestal which Insaan occupies in the Divine Scheme, the mantle of Khilaafah (vicegerency) has been conferred on him. Stating this fact, the Qurãn declares: 'Verily I shall be creating on earth a Khaleefah.' In the Tafseer of the Aayat mentioned at the beginning, it is also said that in relation to all the species of life, man has been endowned with the most beautiful form. All other animals have been created in a lowly form with their heads downwards. Their faces constantly pointing downwards to the earth indicate their low rank in relation to man. In contrast, man has been created upright and he eats his food by means of raising it with his hands unlike the lowly beasts with faces downwards.

HIS DEBASEMENT:

In the Tafseer of the Aayat, it is said that when man willingly destroys his natural ability to progress to the pedestals of elevation, he degenerates and falls from his lofty mansion. He then falls to levels lower than the level of dogs, pigs and even Shayaateen.

SUPERIORITY:

According to the authentic Tafaseer, prior to the creation of Aadam (Álayhis salaam), the Malaaikah (angels) entertained the opinion that Allah Taãla will not create any being superior to them. Allah Taãla negates this opinion of the Malaaikah by creating Aadam (Álayhis salaam) and making him a manifestation of divine attributes. To illustrate Insaan's superiority over all pecies of creation, Allah Taãla commanded the Malaaikah to make Sajdah (prostration) to him (Nabi Aadam (Álayhis salaam). The superiority of man is well emphasised by the statement of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam): 'Allah created Aadam in His (Allah's) form.' Insha Allah, this Hadith will be explained in greater detail in some future issue of 'the Majlis'. Here it is sufficient to mention the interpretation of the authorities intelligence, sight, hearing, etc. These lofty attributes are located in that part of the human body called head. It is for this reason that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) forbade striking or slapping the face of any human being or even an animal. In the Tafseer of the Qurãnic Aayat which permits husbands to beat wives in cases of necessity, it is said: 'The face shall not be slapped'. Explaining the reason for the prohibition of slapping the face, Imaam Nawawi (RA) says in his Sharhul Muslim, 'Because the face is the embodiment of man's beauty in addition to it being of sublime nature.'

THE LATAA-IF-E-SITTAH:

In man there are six metaphysical or non-material or spiritual faculties known as the Lataa-if-e-sittah. Two of these lofty faculties, viz. Lateefah Khaafi and Lateefah Akhfa are located in the head. The Lateefah Akhfah is located in the centre of the brain while the location of Lateefah Khafi is between the eyebrows. The functions of these faculties are the highest states of reflection and contemplation, progressing from the high state of Fana to Fanul Fana. These are spiritual or Roohani stages which shall not be discussed in this article.

PATHWAY FOR QURÃN:

In the Ahaadith, the following narration appears. 'Verily, your mouths are pathways of the Qurãn, therefore purify your mouths with Miswaak'. The Makhaarij or places from whence Qurãnic huroof (letters) emanate are located in the mouth. The high Ibaadat of Tilaawat of the Qurãn shareef is effected via the mouth, hence the Hadith describes the mouth as the 'pathway of the Qurãn'. Since it is, literally speaking, the channel for the recitation of the Qurãn shareef, Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) emphasised much the maintainance of its purity. The emphasis on the purity of the mouth could be gauged from the many times Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) would use the Miswaak everyday to clean his mouth. The practice of Miswaak is strongly stressed by the Shariáh. In one Hadith, Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, 'When the servant of Allah uses the Miswaak and then performs Salaat, an angel stands behind him, listening attentively to the recitation of the Qurãn. The angels draws closer and closer to the reciter and places his mouth on the mouth of the reciter. Thus every word emanating from the mouth of the Musalli enters the angel's mouth. Therefore, maintain your mouth pure and clean for the Qurãn.

ZIKRULLAH:

The actual purpose underlying the creation of man is Zikrullah or the remembrance of Allah Taãla. Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) ordered Muslims to maintain their tongues fresh with the Zikr of Allah Taãla. The facts mentioned above will indicate that Insaan is Ashraful Makhlukaat (the noblest of creation) and the noblest part of his body is his head which is the location for lofty faculties and attributes which earn for him the designation of 'the form of Allah'. In order that he maintains his lofty rank and progresses continuously towards loftier mansions and closer Divine Proximity, it is essential that man exercises restraint over his physical and animal qualities. If he fails in this respect, he will descend to a level below the lowly beasts. Allah Taãla has endowed man with intelligence, will-power and shame. He must employ these attributes to subdue his animal and carnal desires and refrain from indulgence in the excesses of lust. If he fails in this achievement he will annihilate himself spiritually and degenerate to sub-animal levels. The sublimity of Islam is of such a lofty degree that it exhorts its adherence to adopt dignity, deportment and propriety in even sexual relationship. Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) advised his Ummah to abstain from total nudity when indulging in sex and not to behave 'like asses'. Since Islam is a culture of transcendental values calculated to ensure maximum remembrance of Allah Taãla, a Muslim should not debase himself to a sub-animal level by resorting to the vile practice of oral sex. The mouth of Insaan is the pathway of the Qurãn, his tongue has been commanded to remain fresh with Zikrullah; his mouth is situated in the noblest part of his body; the functions of his mouth are noble and lofty; his mouth is a passageway for transference of the recited Qurãn into the mouth of the listening angel. He cannot, therefore, debase and dishonour himself so disgracefully by resorting to the revolting practice of oral sex. A Muslim should not dishonour that head and face which the Shariáh of Islam commands to be honoured. Allah Taãla honoured the human head with noble qualities, the highest being the Noor of Aql, but man debases that lofty part of his body by indulging in an act of bestiality not even committed by the lowly beasts. It does not behove man in general, and a Muslim in particular to degrade himself in this manner. The Mu'min's link with Allah Taãla is so strong or ought to be so strong that the Shariáh has prescribed a particular Duá to be recited even when a man approaches his wife for sexual relations. Even at the moment of reaching climax and ejaculation, the Muslim is required to read in his mind (without moving the lips) a special Duá so that he remains protected from any Shaitaani interference. We learn from the Hadith of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) that Shaytaan attempts to interfere with man even while he indulges in lawful sex, hence the wording of the special Duá for this occasion is: 'O Allah! Protect us from Shaytaan and protect the offspring you grant us from Shaytaan'. Allah Taãla has honoured man highly, hence the Qurãn says, 'Verily, we have honoured the sons of Aadam.' He is therefore not allowed to debase himself with the bestial acts which even the lowly beasts do not commit. The mouth is an honoured part of the physical body. It is not a receptacle of impurity. The Shariáh emphasises the maintainance of its purity. Even in the developing foetus, Allah Taãla has arranged for the maintainance of the purity of the mouth. The umbilical cord connects the developing embryo to its mother. It is the passageway in which exchange of nutrient and waste materials with the circulatory system of the mother takes place. In man the umbilical cord arises at the navel below which is the location of the rebellious Nafs which reduces man to sub-animal levels if not restrained. Why does Allah Taãla not create the foetus with the umbilical cord attached to its mouth so that its nutrition reaches it in the normal way, viz. Via the mouth? Right until the very last moments prior to its emergence into the external world, the baby's nutrition is via the umblical cord. Immediately on reaching the outside world its nourishment reaches it from the mouth. Since the umbilical cord is also the passageway for impure waste matter, its connection is near to the location of the lowly nafs. The mouth has thus been guarded against impurities. The facts presented in this article should be sufficient to convey to Muslims that their Imaan and the spirit of the teachings of Islam do not permit them to grovel in the dregs of debasement and perpetrate moral injustice by utilising the mouth for deriving sexual pleasure. This is not the function of the mouth. It is a misappropriation of an amaanat (trust). All parts of the body are Amaanat which have to be utilised in accordance with the instructions of Allah Taãla. Such contamination and moral pollution as entailed by oral sex are most unbecoming the dignity and rank of man, especially if the Insaan appears to be a follower of the illustrious Shariáh of Muhammad (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam). Allah Taãla states in the Noble Qurãn, 'Verily, Allah loves those who purify themselves.'

Extracted from 'The Majlis' Vol. 6 No. 8 And Allah Taãla Knows Best. Was salaam Mufti Ebrahim Desai FATWA DEPT.

http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/OralSexInIslam.htm

Salam Calayakum Fellow Nomads

Firstly well done brothers and sisters for remaning respectfull of each others contributions to the debate, it seems that quite alot of us do not really Know the exact Islamic ruling on this matter even if we have strong inclinations to belive the practise to be Haram.

I personally thought that there where no if's, or but's regarding this practise it seemed a pretty staright foward disgusting HARAM act. But clearly the issue has perhaps become some what grey in recent times with the demise of our strong ties to our traditional Culture and Knowledge of Islam.

But I think The Above Article from LST (Inshallah) should make thinks crystal clear for all of us.

jazzaka allaah khair

Khayr   

Salaamz,

What is considered MAKRUH (Disliked) is totaliy different then what is Haram.

Anyhow, if inshallah the deen is Flexible and the Ulema never agreed on the details of every aspect of Fiqh, they differed greatly.

So like I have said Many Times inshallah, you the choice of sticking to a particular Alim's ruling.

And for those who might say 'That the Deen shouldn't be judged on some Alim's Word/Opinion'

well why did the rasul (salallahu calihe waslima) say: Who ever respects the Ulama, has respect me'

and in another hadith 'The Ulama are the Inheriters of the Prophets'.

In anycase, I think that some of you would answer Very Differently, if you where Married!!!

salam

is it me or confusion is reigning here? whats with the finger pointing?

kayre said...Those of you who that Oral Sex is Haram, its b/c you yourself don't see it as something good. But there is good in doing something that ALLAH has made made permissable to you.

im guessin ur on the yes for oral sex clan we can all see theres 2 sides to this now khayre u got some divine powers bro in readin peoples minds?

u say this is not about whats haram and not but where one stands in regards of this question at hand the likes and dislikes of whomever i beg to differ.

and for lateafa seems to me its that all u wanna hear is yes oral sex is halal i and deep say its haram and u say its ur opinions while to those who say thumbs up its thanks guys kisses and hugs? lol waiting for some sort of a green light? ur quoting parts of the qu'ran.

lateafa says...

Mobb_Deep Brother without attacking me. Read this and let your mind reason.

“Your wives are a tillage for you [to cultivate] [nisa’u-kum harthun l-kum]

so go to your tillage as you wish. [fa-’’tu hartha-kum anna shi’tum] Q 2:223.

thats is the Quraan.

quote:

It is permissible for the husband to enjoy/savor/relish his wife however he wishes, and to come to her in the genital area from any point he wishes. As Allah (Exalted is He) has said:

ok i get it i see how about man and wife practicing "SNM"? meaning sado masochism u know the whole leather thing martinet, beatings u get the picture just cuz anal is haram does not make the rest permissible.

i think rahima said it well... what is doubtfull is better of to be left alone in my mind i dont doubt it that it is haram and this is not about me and my cultural beliefs its ratther my theocratical beliefs...religious beliefs.

what i see here is more of DOGMATISM viewpoints, ideas with insufficiency.

Mobb deep bro keep up the good work till next time take care people insha allah

i think we all have sined in discussin about a topic in which we dont know the answer to enough let us repent and may god forgive us for now ill go to the next islamic centre and read some books about this topic.

my own... one can persuade him/herself about anything.

hypocricy is the only evil that walks alone except to god alone.

salam all

Matkey   

Asalaam alaykum bro/sis

are you guys claiming to be scholar in the Islamic realm? Does anyone comprehend every verse in the Qur’an? If the answer is no, please refrain from engaging this debate, because all i read was that some Shiekh said this or that without prove or sources pertaining to your argument. Wallaahi danbi baad ka qaadeysan sababtoo ah none of you know or have a clue of what you are arguing or debating bout.

This is not a philosophical debate about human nature or what not...where reason dictates the whole argument. We are dealing Allah’s wisdom, which can only be comprehended by Ulama. Please stop citing the verses that are irrelevant to this subject.

May Allah forgive us all

Sistah Lateafah,

I once heard a scholar answer this q, and he said that it's considered a makruh, but its not HARAM.

What is the exact meaning of "makruh"? What are the consequences of doing something that is makruh?

"Makruh" literally means something "disliked" or "undesirable". According to the Shari'ah it is any action that one is told not to do without making it an absolute prohibition. It is important to avoid doing the makruh. There is no sin in it and no punishment if a person commits the Makruh, but it is blameworthy. Those who want to be pious and conscious of Allah should avoid doing any action that is Makruh. An example of Makruh is cigarette smoking or chewing tobacco. It is better to avoid these things, although they are not forbidden.

Khayr, I really liked the way you explained the situation and I couldn't have said it any better. You've stressed enough that we should note the difference btwn makruh n' what's deemed as haram. Personally, I feel that married couples should be aware of what's haram during intimacy(its' not many!) and whaterever rocks their boat it's up to them to decide.

Only ma 2 shilings.

p.s. I thought this topic was brought up last year, I tried to search but it didn't come up.

Mujahida   

Salam again

Ukthi Rahima. Sista you don't need to apologise to me. I'm sorry if i gave u the impression that you were irritating me. I respect what you wrote in regards to the topic. Jezekelah kheeran for sharing your thoughts with us. I wasn't trying to to force anyone god forbid. I just wanna gain more of this topic that so many of us fear.

I just would like to thank Khayr again for educating us.

Originally posted by : Khayr

And for those who might say 'That the Deen shouldn't be judged on some Alim's Word/Opinion'

well why did the rasul (salallahu calihe waslima) say: Who ever respects the Ulama, has respected me'

That is true. I thought that it was extremely rude of Thought_Control to BadMouth a respected scholar. May Allah forgive hinm.

Libaax-Sankataabte Thanx for that article i really thought that it made me think alot. Jezekelah kheeran Akhi.

Tamina thanx for sharing your thoughts with us.

Orginally posted by Matkey

[quote are you guys claiming to be scholar in the Islamic realm?

No i for one am not trying to be a scholar, and i don't believe anyone else is. So please stop being so negative.

Originaly posted by Tamina

I feel that married couples should be aware of what's haram during intimacy(its' not many!) and whaterever rocks their boat it's up to them to decide.

That was well said. Thats why i posted this thread. To learn!

Wa/Salam

salam

easy there lateafa i never bad mouthed a "respected scholar" like u like to call em all i said was there are the good scholars and there are the hypocrites scholars those who misslead beleivers never called out names

this topic needs to be left alone cuz sins are being committed what one is not sure off one should not state it till he she finds the sufficient info, premisses.

salam all

Tamina and Kheyr, "Makruh Tahrimi(extremely detestable) - is a category of Makruh, and is defined as offensive in the extreme, and close to the Haram in the fiqh". It is much different from "Makruh Tanzihi" or atleast that is what I remember from my brief study on fiqh many years ago. lol :D

Off-topic: Libaax-Sankataabte's personal view

My main issue with Oral sex, other than its status as "makruh tahrimi" in Islam, is a moral and ethical issue. It is my view that the basic sexual conducts or principles generally accepted as right in our Somali culture should not be ignored in pursuit of sexual liberty. When the rule of Allah is not clear enough on an issue, our values or the standards by which our Somali society defines what is desirable and undesirable should be upheld including those of sexual nature. Knowing that moral conduct in one sociocultural system is a taboo in another, I can honestly say oral sex is offensive to my accepted cultural standards of decency or modesty. According the values I was brought up with, it would be CEEB for me to practice such act. smile.gif

I found the following piece on the net! Please read for your own benefit.

SOME ISLAMIC TERMS REGARDING HALAL AND HARAM

Here is a list of the terminology used by Islamic scholors in reference to halal and haram in Islam.

Halal - That which Allah and the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) have allowed to be done in a lawful manner.

Haram - that which Allah and the Prophet have completely and specifcally forbidden. Engaging in an act that is Haram (i.e. eating food like pork, drinking alcohol, having sex outside of marriage) would lead to punishment in the Next Life, and maybe even in this Life.

Makruh - Something that is not liked. Also defined as offensive.

Mashbooh - questionable or doubtful.

Mushtabahat - This is described as the “grey area” that is found between Halal and Haram. It has also been defined as questionable.

It is based on the Hadith: "What is Halal is clear and what is Haram is clear. Midway between them are things which people do not know whether they are Halal or Haram. He who keeps away from them will protect his religion and will be saved. He who aproaches them is very near to Haram, like a shepherd wandering his flock near Hima (protected grazing land), who could soon enter the forbidden area, and Allah's protected area is what He has declared forbidden.”

Makrouh Tahrimi - This is a category of Makruh, and is defined as offensive in the extreme, and close to the Haram.

Makrouh Tanzihi - Another category of Makruh. It is defined as less offensive, but still extremely distasteful.

Tayyibat - This refers to all things which are made halal for Muslims.

Zabiha - An animal slaughtered (or the process of slaughtering) according to the Islamic method without which flesh of a halal animal is not lawful for the food of a Muslim.

Macasalaama

Rahima   

Brother Libaax,

Jazaakum Allahu Khayran for the clarification.

Sister Tamina:

In the past, the scholars regarded that smoking as makruh because its extensive harm was not evident at that time, however as time has progressed and the true nature of smoking has become apparent, most scholars actually now say that it is haraam. This is because in Islam, anything which is harmful to the body is haraam.

Just thought i'd clarify that smile.gif

LST , Shukran brother for making it clear the classifications of makruh.....I did'nt take into account how detailed and deep the fiqh is. Jazakallah.

Sister Rahima, you too!! Jazakallah and may your efforts to help us understand the deen be rewarded.

Baashi   

Mansha'alah,

Rahiima's conclusion that in Islam anything is Hallal unless there is clear directive from Qura'an and Sunnah that says otherwise is right on target.

In light of that I would not say it is haraam but I would strongly agree that it is undesirable act that brings down elavated human status to animal level. Libaax has presented informative article and I trust anyone who read that article will conclude that this act is very questionable practice and hence KARAAHIYA. Allah knows the best.

Blessed   

Adding to what Baashe said, weren't you supposed avoid the doubtful matters?

Furthermore, the issue of imitation comes into play, like Mob Deep said .. it is concept we have only come across as result of being exposed to western culture. Therefore, I would say that we are in a sense imitating the kaafirs.

Xaraam or not.. it is disgusting and degrading,

I personaly would leave it to the homos... redface.gif

Allah knows best..