Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

20th Anniversary of the Geziera Beach Massacre

Its one thing to memorialize dead Somalis, victims of Somali on Somali crime from which no Somali village has escaped scratch free and for which every village is partially responsible. Completely another to politicize their death, ascribe historical inaccurate, to say the least, in a deliberate attempt to sow hatred among Somalis (Somalilanders and I guess the rest) with prayers for the dead. Forgive for not buying that blatant attempt to use the death of those people for your own modern political agendas with hallow "ilaahey ha uu naxaristos"

Naxar nugaleed why cant u just say aun to the dead these people where killed by the government of somalia at that time a government that should of protected its citizens

They where just business people not military people not rebels Normal citizens that where brutally killed by the government in the capital of Somalia I could understand if the government was fighting the snm in Somaliland , but why kill innocent civilians

Originally posted by General Duke:

^Yup attack the Duke who had nothing to do with this crime , yet reward the likes of Riyaale & Warabe who worked for the regime that comited the crime. You have your priorities in order lad.
:D

How the hell are faisal cali waraabe and ina riyaale responsible for what happened in jazeera in 1989 be realistic here duke , the guys who are responsible for this are maslax maxammad siyaad and Canjeex.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

Its one thing to memorialize dead Somalis, victims of Somali on Somali crime from which no Somali village has escaped scratch free and for which every village is partially responsible. Completely another to politicize their death, ascribe historical inaccurate, to say the least, in a deliberate attempt to sow hatred among Somalis (Somalilanders and I guess the rest) with prayers for the dead. Forgive for not buying that blatant attempt to use the death of those people for your own modern political agendas with hallow "ilaahey ha uu naxaristos"

Change of tune. Not big enough to admit your initial uniformed response was wrong I suppose, surprise surprise. I think like of you and Meiji should show some gratitude for the free schooling you are getting instead giving weasel words for excuses.

If massacres likes Jasiira are not mentioned; they'll be forgotten. How many people are aware of the regime's killings of Somali military officers who took part in 77 war against Ethios in places Jigjiga and Hargeisa?

first of all, dadkeena Ilaahay ha u naxariisto.

boys, the point is getting lost here. Who here has not lost family and friends and doesn't find the seed for something to hate just by looking to their past.

If we are to highlight Bare's crimes we should start at the begining. But if we are to commemorate the tragic and needless loss of lives that we are all a witness to, then lets not politicise it.

Surely if we are equal in the eyes of Allah, then our losses are equally tragic and politicing these crimes leads to differentiating (in a bad sense) those losses.

Much like everyone else here, I - and I'm sure you would agree - think that we should have a day to remember and reflect on all the losses this self inflicted genocide has weighed upon us.