Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Press Release: Somaliland Foriegn Affairs Office

so)mln96.jpg

Republic of Somaliland

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Press Release

23/08/04

The Government of Somaliland urges the leaders in Somalia; the Member States of IGAD; the African Union; the United Nations; and other donor countries, to abstain from any unfriendly declaration or acts against Somaliland that could bring about further complications, conflict and instability to the region of the Horn of Africa.

In the event that any person or persons claim to be representing the Government of Somaliland and /or its people, in the ongoing Somalia Peace Conference; and in the event that such person or persons are accorded such status; the Government of Somaliland hereby officially states that this will hinder any possible future dialogue between Somaliland and any future legitimate government of Somalia (former Italian Somalia ) that emanates from the current peace process in Nairobi.

The Government of Somaliland is ready to take part in a dialogue with Somalia as equal partners , when and if a legitimate, democratically elected government is established in Somalia ( former Italian Somalia ) with the full support and mandate of the people of Somalia.

This dialogue will be between two legitimate and fully sovereign Governments and their two States , Somalia and Somaliland, without entertaining the concept that Somaliland will be part of the Federal system that is being contemplated for Somalia in the 14th Peace Conference that is currently taking place in Nairobi.

Gabbal   

The Government of Somaliland is ready to take part in a dialogue with Somalia as
equal partners

This is the problem! They aren't equal! "Somaliland" holds atleast 25% of the Somali population and 1/4 the land (the most overblown pro-"Somaliland statistic"!) How could they be equal? Just because one qabiil and it's ancestral region was colonized by one European and the rest over-whelming majority was colonized by another?

Caqlikaas qofna kuma af-duubsanaysaan. :rolleyes:

They are not equal, not being a degrading thing, but it's the facts on the ground!

One qabiil, one clan, wants to equal the rest of the Somali people in power! That's caqlixumo, and no one, NO ONE is going to take that bullshit!

(Sorry for cussing icon_razz.gif )

Kowneyn   

Horn Afrique:

Somaliland qayb diid mahe wa qaran ictiraaf doon ah...

Somaliland is a Sovereign nation awaiting recognition...

Siday ka yar noqotay!

Kowneyn

Xarago   

Wadhyadha he anaga aya yaab aragney, de wixiinu ma san-dulis ba?

Waxa idin idhi fidhiya si ficaana ii dhageysta.. ma i maqashaan, ok hadaba dhageysta, yusan hadalka idin dhafiin...uu fojignada.. Somaliland wey idin ka tashatey ii tashada. .

Hadhow bey odhan wax leyma shegin..!

Qudhac   

Recent events have shown that actually the somali factions have finaly excepted the only solution left is to talk as two governments they have excepted as soon as they realised the so called "representatives of somaliland" in the peace process had no credibility or any weight behind them whatsoever.. then they realised their final concorted plan to involve somaliland was exhuasted and the game was up.

in the Words of Adna Adan during an interveiw she said "Every country has their mercinaries" when asked about the so called representatives of somaliland born individuals by a african radio station which pretty much sums up those those individuals.

few weeks ago the kenyan based factions used to always jump to their usuall "somaliland is represented here (by those individuals) to counter this somaliland government then said we will only speak to Democraticly elected (by the people ) government.. in another words we wont speak to you at all. and The main opposision party kulmiyes leader Siilanyo took even stronger position and said there wont be any discutions whatsoever.

this two imposible positions worried certain countries lead by britian who then decided to become the country to set the talks up a dialogue between the two through their deligates in kenya,

what they did was to get somalia to stop using the mercanary "individuals" as some kind of legitimate representatives of somaliland. which they have succeeded because no one puts enthasis on those individuals anymore.

on the other side, they have managed to get somaliland to agree to talks withought setting their rules of engagement to nearly imposiible hights..

and this is why within the last two weeks both the government and the the two opposition parties dropped most of their claws on their agreement to talk to somalia new government with the only exception that somalia drops their claims to somaliland.

Jack straw was in addid Abbaba ethopia not long ago and he sent an Unofficial letter to both parties to explain what their plans are.

But Italy and United Emmirites are dead set against any talks between the two, for different political reasons.

This is the problem! They aren't equal! "Somaliland" holds atleast 25% of the Somali population and 1/4 the land (the most overblown pro-"Somaliland statistic"!) How could they be equal?

This is not about size or population, that is the rule of the jungle, the civilised world measures equality in other terms. You should see why they have that term in the UN, AU and EU charters. ;)

Besides, for to be equal partners, you need to catch-up, you need to hold democratic elections and elect a president from the minority clans, elect your local government officials through the ballets, have security and governance for a decade. :D

Gabbal   

Qudhac that's pure propaganda bro :rolleyes:

Second I'm more then dead sure that no government of Somalia will ever sit down with Adna Aden as an equal (isn't she still the orphan of the queen :confused: :rolleyes: redface.gif , when did she become Somali?) That will set a precedent that will come back to haunt us.

Somaliland is a Sovereign nation awaiting recognition

Kowneyn we all have hope, because if there wasn't hope what would we have?

If there isn't any nation that is going to come out and recognize Taiwan, how do you expect "Somaliland" to be recognized? Especially since now when there is a government being built in Somalia, whereas there was nothing in Somalia in the last decade and there was ample time and reason to recognize "Somaliland".

OG_Girl   

Horn, Don't waste your time. These people don't understand what nation is!, they think clan can be a nation.... :rolleyes: .

Xarago, I love your Avatar :cool: :D

Salam

Xarago   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

Xarago, I love your Avatar

And so you should .

Which shows you can be something else and yet appreciate the betterment of others, unlike you who seeks and appreciates only by association.

Baashi   

I welcome this press statement. This is their first position and it is indicative of the willingness to sit down with the rest and make some deals.

If you read between the lines they are aiming at the personalities who claim to be from the SL. In essence, they seem to be saying don't talk to them...talk to us as a country ;) Yes we will talk as Somalis from different tribes will be the answer and after some real politik we meet half way. It is all good :D

OG_Girl   

Thanks edo Xarago. Always good to know you appriate every good things in our nation.

I would appriate if you teach me Somali though :D

Salam

Xarago   

I like your sense of optimism Basho, wish we were all nice minded and saw issues from their good point of view.

Probably and say in a hypothetical situation if we had you as a Somali leader we would have explored the moon..lets pray your optimism is accompanied by eager,urge and realism smile.gif

These people don't understand what nation is!, they think clan can be a nation

This is not to say Somaliland is clan, but I thought your 4.5 formula was based on clans... :D

OG_Girl   

This is not to say Somaliland is clan, but I thought your 4.5 formula was based on clans...
:D

Mine?? Ok let be mine I don't mind!!.

Somalia ( the sovereign NATION ] consists of Somali CLANS .. i.e ... the 4.5 formula is applied, somaliland is a dream of a somali CLAN claiming to be a nation , NOW where is the difficult in grasping that? unless someone is raining emotions :D:D

Salam