Sign in to follow this  
BN

New Leadership in Puntland

BN   

Everyone seems focused on the federal scene but I thought I'd give folks a heads up. The new leadership will be in affect until the end of this year, after which an election is expected. I had hoped someone from Sanaag would be named VP but it seems I`ll have to wait and hope that is the case in January 2005. I nominate Awad Ahmed Asharo; at least we know he can defend himself and Puntland...as Jinni Boqor can attest to. :D

New President:

Mohamed Abdi Haashi

-former the VP, became President after A. Yusuf was elected in Nairobi.

Read More Here... And Here...

New Vice President:

Dr. Mahamed Ali Yusuf (Gaagaab)

-Chosen today by Puntland parliamentarians in Garowe, Nugaal region by a vote of 37 to 15 for his nearest rival, Abdirizak Ali Said (Shaahdoon).

More Here...

If I may answer Libaax's question. Yes, he's from Mudug.

These two gentlemen are only for two months till the grand elections. I believe the Reer Sanaag at least deserve a vice-president position this time.

BN   

LST,

Wuxuu ka soo jeeda gobolka Mudug.

Baashi,

Xaq ma aha in reer mudug mar walba helaan M/weyn ama M/ku-xigeenka. Ilaa iyo iminka, C/yusuf baa haystay hilka ugu sareeye ee MGPL oo hadana wuxuu noqday M/weyn Jamhuriyada Soomaaliyaa. Maxay ka rabaan kursiga reer Sanaag leeyihiin(VP)?

Waxaan u maleynaa in wakhtiga nimanka Mudgi Mudug(kaftan :D ) ee Puntland wadaan wuu dhamaaday. Ma Sool iyo Mudug bes baa MGPL ka kooban tahay? Goboladda kale waa inay jaanis kooda helaan...xaq waaye. Hadii kale Bari, Sanaag iyo Nugaal maamul baan isu samaynaynaa... :D Isbahaysi baan la galaynaa Caseyrland sidaanu ka soo horjeedno maamul goboleedka ee Garoowe. :D

Ramdaan Kariim

Quote Bari

Ani waxaan u maleynaa in wakhtiga nimanka Mudgi Mudug(kaftan ) ee Puntland wuu dhamaaday. Ma Sool iyo Mudug bes baa MGPL ka kooban tahay? Goboladda kale waa inay jaanis kooda helaan...xaq waaye. Hadii kale Bari, Sanaag iyo Nugaal maamul baan isu samaynaynaa... Isbahaysi baan la galaynaa Caseyrland sidaanu ka soo horjeedno maamul goboleedka ee Garoowe.

I agree, its time for the other regions to run the top posts. Its only two months till the elections and reer Mudug and Sool should not run.

I agree with Bari Nomad that Rer Mudugh's predominance is a tad too much. But remember walalayal! it's only for two months till the grand elections.

I would like to see Rer Bari and Rer Sanag on the steering wheel this time, but I don't agree with excluding people from the race just because they're happy hour is over. If they get elected again, wich I doubt, than they are elected for a reason.

Don't forget that besides Sool and Sanag, Mudugh is the most primitive, backward region of Pland in wich Nugaal and Bari are the most modern and developed regions. This was honestly an important factor when Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed was chosen as president of Pland.

Rahima   

Reer Mudug, whether those in Bosaasso, Xamar or Kismaayo should be banned from Somali politics all together- thus is the befitting punishment for trouble makers :D