Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

PM Resigned- What is Next

Sophist   

The PM has resigned (forced to resign) couple hours ago. Sharif enroute to NY today.

What is next?

Goonjeex as a caretaker PM (mashqac weeye) and C/kareem Jama as a PM- this is the rumour in Mogadishu and Nairobi.

Does it make any difference who becomes a PM?

S

Sophist   

In case someone of you are wondering, Goonjeex is from Caabudwaaq and C/Kareem is from Buhoodle!

So, what is your take?

S

Sophist   

Why would you recommend him?

The real question is what is expected of the new PM; would it change anything on the ground?

S

Sophist   

Generale, I am in the middle of this and I assure you there is no such talk in Nairobi although most of those who apposed the PM also appose the President! One senior Ala Sheikh official I spoke to an hour ago confirmed that their political plan for the next three years is in motion!

Of course, Somali politics is without a doubt unpredictable (as far as the musical chairs is concerned) but I dont think another reconcliation conference similar of the past would take place- but I shall never say never!

Let me know your number; email is my first name. last name @undp.org

Speak soon old chap!

S

NASSIR   

Abu S, I ask the same question, tell us why do you think Goonjeex and Abdikarin are fit for the job. At least SAID served Puntland as a minister from 2002-07, besides his administrative experience, he is regarded as honest, decisive and egalitarian.

Abu S is right its more likely Abdikarin Jama, he is the Cheif of Staff of Sharif and a man he trusts.

Qorsheel is a good man, and would make a great PM..

However I am not sure if Sharif would pick an independent minded man like Qorsheel?

Abdikarin is the front runner, unless Sharif goes for another dude who works for the UN.