Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Somalia's Darkest Days in History

Jacpher   

If this tragic war continues to spread, Somalia is doomed and bound to repeat history and the nightmares of the nineties all over again. Sadly, is-biimeyn, kal-gaceyl Amxaar & Yahuud doorbidid will come to life just like bililiqo and m.O.o.r.y.a.animo became common practices during qaxii. I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling ibtilo aynaan sal iyo baar u laheyn ayuu dagaalkaan inoo keenayaa. Amxaar is no longer what Amxaar used to be or mean. Baydhabo will soon be named the new Kuwait of the Horn. Regardless who claims or believes to the winner, at the end of the day, Somalia is the real biggest loser. Both parties have failed the country miserable. Both have failed to weigh in the negative outcome of this horriable war to this divided nation. Both want to bring peace and stability at the barrel of a gun. Both leading proxy war benefiting Somalia's enemy the most. One is no better than the other right at this minute.

Mogdisho will become the Tora Bora of the UIC as the TFG goes back to square one, a talk of new peace negotiatons but this time Addis is doing the deciding. "I go chop your country" is the new hit song in Addis with the lyrics of "I'm the winner, you're the loser" just like those Nigerian spammers who chopped thousands of dollars off of the pockets of the many gullable Americans & Europeans dreaming of getting rich.

Akhyaareeey, kor ama hoos unukaa dhaban! Any possible xal out of this evil-hood of qabyaalad and finger pointing.

Peacenow   

Good post. I totally agree. They are both as bad as each other.

In fact for Southerners there is no viable option in the horizon anywhere. War should have been avoided at all costs.

Duufaan   

I agree this is a disaster. The ethiopian was invited this war two times. One group brought them and the other one attaked. the blame is Indhacade and abdulaahi yusuf. these gready people brought somalia this position. it is a dark day for somalia and will have huge consequases many years to come and will make even more difficult to reconciliate these groups in the future. This will make ethiopia to divide this nation with tribal region. A better outcome should be a somali win. But for now regular somalis should stay away, let us get ready but the war is not ours yet

me   

Duufaan,

Ethiopian troops are killing Somalis in Somali soil and teh war is not ours? When will the war be ours? When they have conquered our country? when we become slaves in our own country? The war is ours and we have to fight these invaders and expell them from all Somali territories.

The war has just started, it will be a long and brutal struggle but we will be victorious.

Guusha Soomaalaa leh.

Coloow   

I want to hear the opinions of those who thus far have sided with the TFG and amxaaros. Is this a victory? How do they see the slaughter of innocent civilians in the town centre in Beledweyne????

Peacenow   

Caaqil, they are two powers, the ICU and TFG in the South.

I think personally, the ICU were itchin for this from the very start. They always talked about Jihad and confrontation.

The TFG should have told the Ethiopians to leave, and made a deal with the ICU. But the radical faction in the ICU felt they had the better hand and weren't ready to make peaceful accomdartion.

I'm hoping personally the ICU will be wounded enough to see the folly of their mistake and then kickstart talks with the TFG, again. It will have to be done, of course in a face seving measure for the ICU. This is where the exiled Somali diaspora can make a huge difference.

Coloow   

Peacenow,

Wrong my friend. The TFG does not have warplanes. What happened in beledweyne and Matabaan was an act of Ethiopians.

I think even those who love the TFG for one reason or the other (mainly tribalism) would have to reconsider their sphere of love.

I have never been sickened this much. What we are seeing is a blant move by Ethiopians on the lives of innocent people.

The diaspora somalis are those you see on websites such as this- and it hurts to see them backing ethiopian aggression.

Jacpher   

Peacenow, Keep in mind that Amxaar ain't doing no favor for you anyone by crippling any Somali group despite the political affiliation. For Melez, it's one down and one to go.

No matter what side feels victorious, tragically the casualtis of the war remain high for Somalis. Ugu danbeyntiina waa massive waves of refugees and new title for Melez, the savior of Somali government. None of which are beneficial to both parties. I hope this barberic war will come to an end in the next few days.

Some people on this forum stood so low that they side with the self-proclaimed Ethiopians on this board.

How could we call them Somalis? They neither have the heart or guts to be called Somali. It is their blood that only that makes them Somali.

BiLaaL   

Originally posted by peacenow:

I think personally, the ICU were itchin for this from the very start. The TFG should have told the Ethiopians to leave, and made a deal with the ICU.

Why resort to baseless allegations, even at this hour of pain? Unless you suffer from amnesia, the ICU invited Abdullahi Yusuf to Mogadishu countless times.

Originally posted by peacenow:

But the radical faction in the ICU felt they had the better hand and weren't ready to make peaceful accomdartion.

You sound like a lazy reporter from a Western media outlet whose only talent/interest is to hurl ill-thought through and meaningless words. If you consider Sheekh Aweys as part of this 'radical faction', remember well that it was he who personally invited Uncle Doom to Mogadishu. An offer that was sadly not taken up.

Originally posted by Caaqil:

I have never been sickened this much. What we are seeing is a blant move by Ethiopians on the lives of innocent people.

The diaspora somalis are those you see on websites such as this- and it hurts to see them backing ethiopian aggression.

Caaqil,

I just saw a demonstration on TV. It was bigger and more angrier than any JIhad demonstration ICU did.

I will let you guess where it is, but hint: It was not in Tigray, Amara or Afar of north ethiopia, It was not in Addis Ababa or southern states...the rest take your guess. It was in a state capital.

If you think some imposter in Mugadishu will go unpunished after calling ethiopians "less moslems" you don't know ethiopians.

Ethiopians are poor materially, but are not prepared to create or introduce sectarian Islam to their neighborhood to make some petrodollar crazed arab.

Friend..

Are you still mad about the Arabs that bought you ET’s from us?

Get over it, you even hate the Egyptians. What kind of a Muslim are you? You put your nation before your religion. Well i could do the same!

Insulting other Muslims that don't even know you exist. If you have something to say about Somalis say it but leave Arabs along, you should know that the tribe Yusuf hails from are one of those tribes who think they are from Arabs. So go bark on them.