Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Disarming Somalia - A New UIC Move

N.O.R.F   

Talk of winning the hearts and minds of the Somali people ey,,,,or is it a ploy to get all the weapons? :D

Somali group plans disarmament

Last Modified: 15 Oct 2006

Source: ITN

A Somali Islamist group has announced plans to disarm the rest of the country's population.

Somalia has had no unified government for over 10 years, and has one of the most heavily-armed populations in the world.

The Islamists took control of the capital Mogadishu and most of south-central Somalia earlier in 2006.

Abdullahi Maalim Ali, their head of internal security, said the group will go door-to-door collecting weapons.

Ali said: "This is aimed at improving security. It will be implemented slowly and in phases."

The movement is now trying to persuade weapons dealers to accept compensation when their caches of missiles and heavy weapons are seized and registered.

If implemented, the plan would make the Islamists Somalia's sole possessors and regulators of weapons in the areas they control.

Ali, known locally as Abu Utayba, is also in charge of public executions.

ITN

Two thumps up!

Abdi2005   

UIC is a blessing from Allah as he promised in the quran "With Every Difficulty There Is Relief". And UIC is the relief from Ãllah efter 15 years of difficultys.

^^^ Abdi2005, agree with that, how about these exploiters? have you thought about them? Sxb nimcada Rabbi xattaa in lagu tagri falo ma ahan.

Northern, good idea sxb, but I wonder if they would ever do that? With that aggressive approach to the problem and their overall dictatorial attitude I dont think they will ever be able to succeed this.

I believe that they themselves have to sit down together and review their policy. They need to ask themselves whether they do have a common goal or different goals based on what entity (group) one belongs to.

Ayaga ha is wareystaan marka hore inta aysan geela dareerin :D . Ogoowna wax alifka ka halabo albaqra kama tooso!

Xoogsade   

Nice move, inshallah people will give up their weaponry with ease since their security is guaranteed by the courts.

Allamagan

Gedo goormaa wadaadaniina la wareegi doonaan? :D We are waiting for their take-over of Gedo.

Paragon   

^^ Lol, Xoogsade. Itaqullah, yaa Xiin. Waa Ramadane Allamagan Heart-attack haku ridin illeen Gedo wadaado hakuu dabo-maraan adoo Kismaayo difaac ugu jira waa musiibo rabaani ahe :D .

Norf: Talk of winning the hearts and minds of the Somali people ey,,,,or is it a ploy to get all the weapons?

Yeah, Norf. PR campaign of some sort you may think. But also what is worth considering is the fact the disarmament is not going to be easy. Consider ridding a habit that has taken 16 years to develop; people are used to trusting their weapons than authority and the UIC's action may actually create many oppositions. Creating piece is more expensive that waging a war, as experience teaches.

me   

They should take all the weapons. Allthese weapons in civilian hands is whats fueling the war and insecurity. The ICU should monopolize violence. I will stick to their laws if it means that I can live in peace.

Xoogsade   

LOL, Paragon, that would be good news. Consider the benifits of the sheekhs taking over the rule of that region:

A- No more clan based politics.

B- No more ethiopian bases or entry points into the country. I am looking forward to the day when permanent closure of the border at Dooloow becomes attainable. This won't happen as long as nonreligious entities rule Gedo.

C- Permanent Peace between clans who live there.

Me

Wise and funny man, how are you bro? Adiga waddani weenaa tahay saxib. Keep up the good work.

RedSea   

This is not considered 'takeover' of any sort, but simply the UIC is trying to bring some law and order into the lawless south,so far they have done oustanding job including bringing what use to be the world's most dangerous city,Xamar under law and order(wax wada qabsi iyo kaladanbayne).

I think each and every city and town in Southern Somalia needs that considering the status quo or the previous status of every region in the South.But let us not refer it as a take over of any kind,thus people might be Qabiil motivated and will start to think and see the Islamic courts union as another way of Qabiil X to extend any power it might have had in the region,which isn't true, and that is clear to those who have open mindset.It's not a take over,they are only doing the job that has been left and failed to do by everyone else in the past 16 or so years, including the current mess in Baidhabo.

collecting the weapons which are in possession of the civilians is timely, they are neither aiming on winning people's minds this way, that takes care of itself when one observes their good will ,but this is more like doing the right thing .

Paragon   

^^ I think that is a good approach.

Me, monopolise violence indeed! I hate anything in retail, it sucks!

Xoogsade, sxb that would be good news. And the three points you have commented on are of course true. I hope many others would see it that way.

Xoogsade   

Last Updated Mon, Oct, 16 2006,08:30 am- Mogadishu Somalia

Maleeshiyooyin hor leh oo ku biiryay maxkamadaha Kismaayo

Kismaayo 16, Oct.06 ( Sh.M.Network) Munaasabad Maxkamadaha islaamka ee Kismaayo loogu wareejinayo maleeshiyo iyo hub ay sitaan oo ka tirsanaan jirey Isbaheysigii burburey ee D/jubba ayaa maanta waxa uu ka dhacay magaalada Kismaayo ee gobolka J/hoose.

Munaasabaddaan oo ah mid ka dhacday xarunta madaxtooyada ee magaalada Kismaayo ayaa lagu soo bandhigay ku dhowaad kontomeeyo maleeshiyo ah oo ku hubeysan qoryaha fudud oo lagu wareejiyay maxkamadaha islaamka.

Maleeshiyooyinkaan ayaa waxaa la tilmaamay in si iqtiyaarkooda ah ay ugu soo biireen maxkamadaha islaamka, iyadoo loo furi doono tababaro dhaqan celin ah.

Munaasabadaan ayaa waxaa ka hadlay taliyaha dhaqan celinta maleeshiyooyinka gobolada Jubooyinka Xasan Yacquub, isagoo sheegay in uu ku faraxsan yahay in ay ku soo biiraan maleeshiyadaan, isla markaana ay isku ujeedo ka noqdaan difaaca dalka iyo diinta.

Waxa uu sheegay in tababaro ku aadan diinta islaamka iyo xagga amaanka ah la siin doono maleeshiyadaano marka howlaha dhaqan celinta ay u dhamaato.

Taliyihii hore ee dhanka amaanka gobolada Jubooyinka Max'ed C/laahi Aaar Fanax oo ka mid ah maleeshiyooyinka ku biiray Maxkamadaha islaamka ayaa waxa uu sheegay in uu ku faraxsna yahay ku soo biirtaanka maxkamadaha islaamka, uuna ka qeyb qaadan doono difaaca dalka.

" ma jirto cid igu soo qasabtay ama igu soo qafaashay ku soo buuritaanka Maxkamadaha islaamka" ayuu hadaladiisa sii raaciyay.

Farxaan Lafoole

Shabelle Media Network J/hoose

E-mail us: info@shabelle.net

Shabelle Webmaster: baabul@shabelle.net

here

Originally posted by Paragon:

...Waa Ramadane Allamagan Heart-attack haku ridin illeen Gedo wadaado hakuu dabo-maraan adoo Kismaayo difaac ugu jira waa musiibo rabaani ahe
:D

Paragon, sxb Gedo waa hoygii culumada, culuma fake iyo culumadii saxda ah waa lakala yaqaanaa.

we are against the fake ones bruv! ganacsatada & xukun doonka cimaamada soo qaatay waanu la dagaalamaynaa. Kuwooda daacada ah iyo kuwooda bugta ah adna waad ogtahay anna waan ogahay kuwaas burus ayaanu madaxa kala dhacaynaa. smile.gif

Chimera   

Telling the Mogadishu crowd they needed to register, Islamist leader Sheikh Sharif Ahmed also urged Somalis to hand in their weapons.

"Whether it is a pistol, arrow, or stones, we will accept them," he said. "We have to defend our country. We call upon all Somalis wherever they might be to take part in this jihad."

ohhhh these brave men are brilliant

they aint going on a jihaad there disarming the public

lol

Miskin   

The UIC needs to act like politicians (not wadaado)now they control most of the country. I think they need to distant them selves from being seen just as (macalin dugsi) and show us (the public) that they can run a country.

Xoogsade   

Miskin, They haven't gotten the chance to do that in full capacity yet. Warlords are planning a come back and the TFG doesn't want these guys to be successful either. Whatever they could have done, the war drums are the loudest noises people can hear.

Miskin   

Xoogsade,

Charity starts at home, the UIC controls majority of southern Somalia, we the (public) need to see that the UIC is an organisation that is worthy of our support by demonstrating transparency and good governance.

They can be at war and still exercise good governance in the areas they control, that will distinguish them from all other groups including the TFG