Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Nicolas Anelka

nuune   

I didn't know Nicolas Anelka was a muslim, only found out few days ago.

he bacame a Muslim somewhere in 1999, but he never told anyone till mid 2004, that is when everyone found out he is a Muslim, I guess there would be other great players who are the same hiding their beliefs of Islam.

Nicolas Sebastien Anelka (born 14 March 1979 in Versailles) is a French football player playing in the forward position, currently for the Turkish club Fenerbahçe. Previous clubs he has played for include Paris Saint-Germain (1996-97, 2000-02), Arsenal (1997-99), Real Madrid (1999-2000), Liverpool (2002) and Manchester City (2002-2005).

he has chosen to be called the name "Bilaal", MaashaaAllaah.

SoMa_InC   

Mashallah, I knew this since day one. The main reason he moved to Turkey was to educate himself islamically. I prayed next to him at Brixton Mosque in 2003. That time he was with Boxer, Williams who is Brixton regular.

Van Persie of Arsenal is also a mulsim. He is married to a Morrocan sister who converted him to Islam.

Kanoute (Former Spurs and West ham player) is also muslim.

Kolo Troure of Arsenal is also a mulsim.

Mashallah there are lots of muslims in the premier league.

I never knew Van Persie was a muslim, I knew he was married to a Morrocan lady.

After some research I found that he converted to Islam due to his close relationship with his high school janitor who was a Morrocan.

Here's a list of all converts to Islam, it includes NBA stars like Rasheed Wallace.

Converts to Islam

I would advice people to take it with apinch of salt, alot of these supposedly converts to Islam, do not exactly behave in an Islamic manner. For example, Van Persie was involved in a rape allegation but was cleared of any charges.

N.O.R.F   

Yes, Nicola Anelka grew up in a Parisian suburb with many Algerian freinds. They used to discuss Islam until the early hours sitting on park benches. I knew he was a muslim from a Pakistani freind who spotted him at mosque in Dewsbury (near Manchester).

Do you remember the Ronny Osolivan farce a few years ago?

^^^ Van Persi a Muslim, thats news to me. Never theless great news.

As for Anelka, yes I heard he was but he is a very quite individual who does not generate much news.

Northerner, I get confused with Ronnie O'sullivan[spelling] is he or not?

N.O.R.F   

Ronnie Osolivan was helped out drink and drugs by NAseem Hamed, Khalid Yasin and others who reside in Sheffield. He was assumed to be willing to accept Islam. Ronnie took his shahada at EAst London mosque. It made world news, Ronnie the Rocket is now a Muslim mashallah,,,,,,,or we all thought. A week later he said he was not a muslim and never intended to become one. He repeated the Shahada at the mosque to be 'polite'! :rolleyes:

May be guided to the right path,,,,