Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Ismail Buubaa: Somaliland remains part and parcel of Somalia

Taleexi   

Ismail Buubaa: Somaliland remains part and parcel of Somalia

Awdalnews Network Monitoring Service=

Jeddah, 21 Dec. 2005--A senior official of Somalia's transitional federal government, TFG, today affirmed that Somaliland was part and parcel of Somalia and that the disintegration of Somalia into smaller entities would pose a great threat to the peace and security of the whole region.

In an extensive interview with the London-based Saudi pan-Arab newspaper Al Hayat published on 21st December 2005, Ismail Mohammed Hurre, TFG deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister, said that Somaliland's separatist groups couldn't so far obtain regional, international or even local support for their secessionist project.

He noted that all resolutions by the Security Council and regional organizations such as the African Unity, the Arab League and the Organization of Islamic Conference, all underlined the unity and sovereignty of Somalia.

Answering a question on whether the TFG constitution supports such view, Buubaa said: "The constitution on which the TFG is based endorses Somaliland as part and parcel of the Somali Republic but within a framework of a federal political environment where the Somaliland people can form their own political and judicial systems and run their own affairs. This, however, has to be done under the umbrella of national unity where legitimate citizenship is respected and free choice is given to every group such as Somaliland and Puntland to have their own self-rule."

He said that Somaliland and Puntland as well as other political entities in other regions would have their own local governments, local parliaments and parliament speakers, noting that such arrangement was not in contradiction with the existence of a unity government but on the contrary would give more strength to the constitutional federal government.

"The federal government will consist of several local states such as Somaliland, Puntland and other four states where each one of them will have a parliamentary system and an elected president but within the framework of the national federation," Buubaa said.

He cited the fact that Abdullah Yusuf Ahmed, TFG President, was a former president of one of these states was a positive development as many of the American presidents used to be former governors of their home states.

Answering a question on why Mogadishu was still lawless while peace and stability prevailed in Somaliland, Buubaa said: "First let me commend the peace and stability in Somaliland. It is a source of pride for us. I am also a native of Hargeisa and have personally contributed to the restoration of the peace and stability in Somaliland and will make every effort to consolidate such peace and stability.

"The TFG also has also declared that it will not do anything that disturbs the security and stability of Somaliland, but my personal view is that it is the interest of the Somali people as a whole to stay united as the disintegration of the country will not be to anybody's benefit, neither the South nor the North, and it will pose a great threat to the region's security."

On a question that many people see Abdillahi Yusuf's government as a prototype of Siyad Barre's regime, Buubaa said that the TFG was working to change the Somali political landscape in many ways, particularly in its ties with neighboring countries in the Horn of Africa as Somalia's peace and security was linked to that of the region.

"The TFG is different from Siyad Barre's regime because Siyad Barre's government contributed to the tension of relations with Ethiopia and Kenya. Even the way it handled the independence of Djibouti was not to the satisfaction of the Somali people," Buubaa said. He cited that the fact that the TFG refused to move to Mogadishu showed its seriousness and desire to end the state of chaos and to disarm the militias.

On the UN's rejection to lift the arms ban on Somalia, Buubaa said that the TFG started to create a security force and "it will be very strange for the international community to demands us to establish peace and stability and deny us to have the mechanism that will help us to do so."

"The arms ban is contrary to the existence of a Somali government as the government should import arms in order to establish peace and stability. How can the world will demand us to secure the unstable regions while our forces are without arms," he concluded.

Castro   

^ Statements like these are even less credible than those that speak of taking control of Muqdisho warlords. I'm not sure they serve any purpose either. Has the TFG made any attempts to engage the government of Somaliland on this? I wouldn't be surprised if they (the TFG) were laughed at.

Qudhac   

kashanre

we know buuba very well sxb, and believe me you if you had respect for your selves you wouldnt make him your leaders, he is one of those mercenaries who would go to depts of the deep ocean if there was bit of booty to be got at :D

i presume you thought as he is born somalilander thats gives him more credibility if you knew what these guys say when you not listening you would know these mercanaries are there to suck whatever little change the world throws at somalias begging bowl.

in toronto not too long ago sifir another one of our ruthless mercanaries came to somaliland event and said mission accomplishes when refering to the chaos and division they caused among the factions of the embaghati mafia.

if our brothers from somalia are genuin about achieving lasting peace and tranquilaty they have to be honest with themselves and stop the munaafaqnimo because as long as they do things this way and awards mercanaries, warlords, zealots tyrants and start giving the guiding roles to their elders and educated elite.

i really dont blame my county men of sifir and buuba amongs others for getting as much money as they can from those naive enough trust them, but rest assured when this mafia government once more turns to ash like all the others buuba and sifir will be both off to their countries with money oozing from every pocket. :D

^^ :D

Sxb ninka shaqaysanaaya ee afarta shilin ee magaca Somaliyeed kolba lagu soo dawarsado dhinaciisa ka cantuugaya. Kolay haduu wax soo wado 15kii sano ee tagay ayuu wax keeni lahaa. Ha iska xoogsadee iska daa sxb.

Gabbal   

^You and the above poster are bringing cheap talk. Convince yourself before selling it to us. As far as I am concerned both Sifir and Buubaa are using their former positions to furthur the territorial integrity of the Somali Republic internationally. At the end of the day, that's all that matters. smile.gif

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Suldaaanka:

^^sheekoy sheeko. sheeko xariira, shilinba dhuustay, gafanaasheegay.

Sheekada inoo wad sxb.

At the end of the day, that's all that matters. ;)