Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

LA: Attack kills 4 Hargaysa conscripts, leaves SNM militia scared to death…

The Somaliland government should allow the people of Sool & Sanaag to decide whether or nor they would like to be part of a future Somaliland State. A free and fair referendum should be held under the watchful eye of international observers.

If it’s declared free and fair, then the decision should stand regardless of the outcome.

Problem solved, Simples!

Or am i being ignorant here:-D

^^^The secessionist have failed. By making simple threats and insulting the elders of this region they have lost any pretences to being a "government" or representing the interest of the whole insetad of the SNM clan.

Its a political set back unlike any that I remmeber in recent memory.

As for SOOL its the locals that must chase out this group and start developing their regions.

Abtigiis   

Dear Oodweyne,

Unless that proverbial affliction of Sal-fu-dayd of the Tolka is devouring your memory, none of the conditions for our pact are breached by me. I have a soft spot for the people of SSC and their plight touches me. They have been victimised by Somaliland and Puntland, largely due to luck of internal cohesion among themselves, and whatever process kick-started to bring them togather is welcome.

I have not spoken ill of the 'real'Somaliland, the 'Xaqlayasha' who shed their blood to become independent. If it is that I believe the notion of Somaliland is a one-tribe jingo, it is because only one tribe fought for it.

On the other hand, the highlight of my previous post on this issue should have been my advice to Garad Jamac not to rely on unreliable Pirateland. It seems he has abondoned Holhol,now another plac e further down the south is being talked about, and I guess if Somaliland sends police there, the venue will be relocated further to the South. If this south-looking trend continues, the meeting might take place in Galmudug and its credibililty will be lost!

We have been doing well as allies even though we were opertaing under the limitations of our divergent views and ideals.

N.O.R.F   

Allah yarxamhum

The people of SSC need to sort out their internal problems/disagreements and if that means a meeting in Sool then the SL authorities need not intervene. They can try to influence it all they want (laalush) but shouldn't be making sure it doesn't go ahead.

Abtigiis   

Agree with Norf, although I feel others might read your statement as an insinuation that the SSC's are for sale! The telephone operator was parodying their leaders by saying " fadlan inta aanad garaacin lambarka, lacag ku shubo"!

N.O.R.F   

It's Africa saxib. The split in the SSC camp is due to 'laaluush'. At the moment SL's bid has been accepted by the most powerful of the SSC. PL's bid isn't good enough and those who want neither ina adeero or ina abtiyo are not influencial enough.