Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

SOMALIA: Failure in curbing the advances of the Somaliland secessionists

Originally posted by Nassir:

Che, let me raise these important questions. When you said a bunch of empty villages and towns,
aren't you aware
that Erigavo has been one of the biggest urban towns of Somalia for decades. LaasQoray as well once dominated the region despite its recent decline. It still has a number of mini industries, one of which employs over 1500 people and has a sales revenue of roughly $3M a year.

Badhan is an urban city that has grown very fast. It has four High Schools, three technical colleges, the biggest boarding school for the orphans, and 3 primary schools and a University project that is almost finished.

How can this city that houses all of these public facilities be an empty "frontier" town?

He is not aware, nor does he know anything. Why do you go in such length to explain to him a region he doesnt know, never has been to nor has anyinterest in. He is only interested in bashing Somaliland, and he will use every unnessecary argument to do so.

NASSIR   

^I'll take that into consideration. But remember Chief Caaqilow that our history did not start with colonialism as you seem to suggest always. Take a look at Crutten's memoir in 1843 on the inhabitants of the Somali coast and their then political way of life. We were prosperous, peaceful and orderly as we maintained our own institutions and traded with the rest of the world.

But back then there was no country called Somalia , there were local kingdoms ruling the place some under the ottoman empire Like Emir sharmarke cali salax baashe , but there was not a Somalia. The Somali republic came to existence in 1960 first of july

^I'll take that into consideration. But remember Chief Caaqilow that our history did not start with colonialism as you seem to suggest always. Take a look at Crutten's memoir in 1843 on the inhabitants of the Somali coast and their then political way of life. We were prosperous, peaceful and orderly as we maintained our own institutions and traded with the rest of the world.

I have never stated that our histort started with colonialism. Sure we had our own way of governance, everyone should know that. But the western model of governance, we adopted in 1960.

And dont forget when we are talking about Somaliland or Somalia, we are only talking about a way of modern governance(Maamul) and institutions and not people, idendity nor about what makes us who we are.

Somali's wee jireen, wee jiraan, inshallahna wee jiri doonaan.

A_Khadar   

A die-hard secessionist would openly glorify the atrocities committed against the people of much of Sool, Ayn, Haylan, and Sanaag regions by the SNM guerilla fighters as justified means to “freedom”, and to secure the right to secede from the bulk of Somalia.

smile.gif This above sentence from the above article clearly references the actions of many s/l sympatizers in this forum.

Very true and interesting peice...Thanks sharing it with us.

A_Khadar   

As for
Oodweyne
, it's late for me and I am now tired. I'll see to your objections some time tomorrow. Goodnight!

Good lucky if you read his.

A_Khadar   

Originally posted by Xaji_Xunjuf:

But back then there was no country called Somalia , there were local kingdoms ruling the place some under the ottoman empire Like Emir sharmarke cali salax baashe , but there was not a Somalia. The Somali republic came to existence in 1960 first of july

Is that what the snm tought you..

A_Khadar   

Are you telling me there was a Somali state before 1884 lol

You missing the concept of statehood.. Compare the statehood back then with your current 1-clan amdin.. Then yes there were somalis states back then.

There was no Somali state , there were only local sultanates and emirs ruling parts of Somaliland as we know it today , it even stretched all the way to Djibouti, and also local sultanates and emirs ruling parts of Somalia . The Somali state modern Somali state came to existence in 1960 first of July and it last only for 31 years

A_Khadar   

There was no Somali state , there were only local sultanates and emirs ruling parts of Somaliland as we know it today , it even stretched all the way to Djibouti, and also local sultanates and emirs ruling parts of Somalia . The Somali state modern Somali state came to existence in 1960 first of July and it last only for 31 years

Oday you are missing the point here which is that is how the current modern states around the world were once and Somalia isn't different.

You don’t even have to look far just take an example our Ethiopian neighbours , their kingdoms became a great Grassroot for the modern Ethiopian state as we know it today