Sign in to follow this  
Sabriye amp co.

GalMudug State iyo Aragtideeda ku aadan xaalada aqiran ee Soomaliya

Hi everyone... I've been a member here for a while but I’m hoping to become an active one...

I'd like to discuss with my fellow Somalis ..what their views are towards GalMudug State and hope to be of use as I’d happily clear any misconceptions..

I was thinking about writing an essay regarding the topic title but changed my mind half way through and decided to start sort of like an answer/ question session and of curs topic is open for discussion..

Since you've presented your misconception passionately.. Let me introduce ... Federalism to you..

Federalism is the solution of Somalia... This means each region which its inhabitant can co-exist peacefully should make a regional authority.. To contribute towards the Ending of Civil war and start a fresh beginning where Somalis can focus on rebuilding and improving their life’s in Somalia.

Somaliland is a good example of what you can achieve when peace is promoted.

About the qabiil issue.. GalMudug does not discriminate against Any clan that lives in its regions.. It welcomes all Somalis and its working towards securing the land that connect the North with the south.

I hope I’ve answer your question/accusation.

You know, If I wanted the definition of federalism read out to me, I could just looked it up myself. I know what federalism means in theory, but how does that practically would play out in Somalia. And aren't you putting the cart before the horse here .Before we could even talk about federalism, shouldn't there be an actual peace, sincere reconciliation,and inclusive government that could lay the groundworks for federal charter. All you have right now is clan constructed entities that are beholden to Ethiopia.

Dr.Galbeyte, first welcome here, secondly before we ever start asking you questions, why dont you tell lil bit about yourself and your relationship with this said Galmudug i.e who are you? smile.gif

Slash. My name is Galbeyte and I’ve studied some programming and currently in the networking field. Hopefully a Cisco certified engineer in the near future.

I'm also well orientated with Somali politics in which GMS happen to be one my strongest faculties. It’s sort of like corresponding best from your neck of the woods. I might not be the only one in this position but i hope to meet others similar as well as different to me and exchange views.

To the other person..

In order to achieve peace, someone has to start somewhere. You can't sit there and hope to find peace knock on your door step.

If your able to unite the people in your region and build a regional authority that looks after its inhabitant. I can only see that as positive.

But of curs if the authority of that region contributes to Somalia’s problems e.g Clan discrimination/ Arming of clans to fight for clan purposes and other Anti Somali Unity or indeed support foreign troops to massacre other Somalis on the bases of their clans. Then yes, Somalia is better off without it.

^^ walaal, the point, mr Che is making is this..

if GalMuud is not defined by clan, and is for all Somalis then why do you propose marking out and bordering it up. And since borders are there to keep out as much as they keep in, who are you proposing to keep out?

p.s. -- I for one am at least for the reversion to SOMALI names, rather than the *LAND* this *LAND* that %$%^!

Caano Geel. Your concern is noted but if you look at other federal countries e.g USA. You will find each state has its borders. It only logic for any regional government to outline the regions which it administrates.

no, walaal don't get mixed up between administrative domains and states.

Local bodies are fantastic, in a large state, they are much productive than central bodies largely due to their proximity to the people they represent, and are in fact the model used by all large countries -

but unless i'm mistaken this not what your talking, your talking about a fully fledged state as in the "we have a navy too" kind, ala SomaliStan. In which, again, who are you proposing to keep out?

If I am mistaken, and what your talking about is a local government, then surely, this a mute point, since there is local rule there already!

Firstly I’d like you not to generalize or assume GMS would automatically do any mistakes other Regional authorities may have done.

Secondly there was no local rule there. In fact there was a structure of ancient traditional rule of clan elders which has eroded away from Somalia’s political scene back in 1960.

These clan elders were not able to control the masses, repel the heavily armed warlords that operated and did as they pleased in different regions of Somalia.

So it became a must to update the structure of law and order which opened up doors for a state like authority. One that can accumulate wealth, progression, security and motivate harmony.

Originally posted by -:

Isn't Galmudug another tribal entity. It needs to be destroyed along with Puntland and Somaliland.

Somaliland is different because they say that they're independent (outside of Somalia)...You should really come down on the hypocrites that say they're part of the unity just to turn around to create such states.

^ Dear Dr. First, I like the abbreviation, very snazzy.

If I'm not mistaken, when an authority is not able to control the masses it claims to have that authority over, then it normally means that it was not able to secure needs -- so then maybe losing the old system was not a bad thing!??

Since you're being cagey, I'll assume that you're talking about the creation of a nation state - not the administrative kind like you said before --

So first, how does creating a new regional power body that will need to complete for authority and land with the others so called states lead to the realisation of providing 'wealth, progression and security'? and what resources would we have *spare* to sacrifice this cause, since surely they could much easily be put to use in administering the problems already present and reconciling the people.

Second, whom is it that you want to keep out -- a somali bandit however depraved is by definition always some one else's geesi and 'freedom fighter', in short, whose in., whose out and why

Last, what is the granularity of this thought process, and when does the decomposition stop and composition begin? Since what your saying is not unique to any region of somalia, with this logic, what will it require for the Mudug to declare it's independence from the Galmudug.

Walaal, you're writing is peppered with a lot of buzzwords, but no justification, no why's and no how's - wealth and relative peace did not come to SomaliStan because it declared independence, but because it was already a part of well developed trade routes (berbera and zeila before it have been ports for millennia).

So what is the rational aim of this pursuit other than power for the sake of power. I'll quote you that "Nothing is more awe-inspiring and fear-inducing than an utterly rational pursuit of irrational aims."

This silly recurring question of who is in and who is out, I believe I’ve already answered.

But again Alll somalis are welcome to live and work and prosper contributing to the local economy.

It would help if you'd not see this as a seperation wall of isreal but as a line which the admin knows where it has the concent to operate in by the locals and where not.

The other question of "how does creating a new regional power body that will need to complete for authority and land with the others so called states.."

Already your under the impression that it has to compete for power and land.

The notion of that GMS is nothing more than a group of opportunist..is baseless and is what your implying. however I see your concern.

Ina very brief way.. The process would be similar to this..

Firstly recognise the need for peace and a regional authority in a law less land.

Then identify the chain of command with in communities in THE law less land. As we know it clan elders are at the top (not necessarily meaning their powerful but instrumental)

Then you as the initiator have to sit with these people and keeping in mind those that may have strong/weak clan/political affiliation with anyone who may be against the struggle towards peace, progression and security.

When you manage to reach an agreement/understanding with them. You can prepare setting up the regional authority with the consent of the locals and start an election for a regional government.

GMS does not seek independence nor have I said Somaliland achieved its success by seeking independence.

You’re also right. I haven’t represented too much technicalities of GMS here but that’s because there was not a need for it how ever i see you’re interested to know so i’ll supply you with some to help you understand.

Thierry.   

GalMudug needs an administrative authority that organises the region, the era of elders running the region is coming to a end, just like Somaliland and Puntland it is developing a system of tax collection, building of infrastructure and these are actions we should applaud. The federal state is in no condition to help the region so the folks there have to organise a system for them selves.

As for it being a tribal region that is very much the truth but we have to understand that Somalia is going through a transition, these tribal states Inshallah are a means to an end.

Rather than just say we don’t need another tribal state or all tribal states should be abolished we need realistic goals of how we can incrementally change this deeply entrenched allegiance to tribe.

So with that note I wish Kimike and the regional state of GalMudug all the best in the future.