Sign in to follow this  
Wisdom_Seeker

African peacekeepers arrive in Somalia !!!!!!

MOGADISHU, Somalia - The advance team of an African peacekeeping force to Somalia arrived unannounced in the country on Thursday, a senior police officer said.

Thirty Ugandan troops arrived in a military plane Thursday morning, according to Adan Biid Ahmed, the police chief of the southern town of Baidoa, where the transitional parliament sits.

"This is the first batch of African peacekeepers to be deployed in Somalia," Ahmed told The Associated Press on the phone from Baidoa.

The governor of Baidoa, Mohamed Madey Issaq, and Somali military officials welcomed the troops at the airport.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070301/ap_on_re_af/somalia

Fabregas   

The only people who occupied Somalia where thousands of Eriterians,Oromos and Hezbollah Shias.Luckily, Somalia was saved by the great emperor himself,Abdullahi Yusuf.......

Islamically jaahil and repugnant, he must surely epitomizes megalomania and others psychologic disturbances as well...not only historians but psychiatrists, too, may well be interested in analyzing such self-centered, ruthless psychopath!

^^Somalia is back, and yes the Oromo, Eritreans, foreign fighters and their warlord/clan court hosts have been chased out. The nation has a chance for the fisrt time in 16 years, those who lost their homes, those who were discreminated because they had no guns, the "minorities" the women, the youth all have a chance for a better future. A stable Somalia benefits us all.

The Oromos and Eritreans were both attacked by meles’s government. They both have a long history with Meles and his people. They know when these same abusers are trying to abuse Somalia.

The Somalis here who are supporting dictatorship should be ashamed!

Duke, people are fleeing Mogadishu. I heard people fleeing to Mogadishu, but never from Mogadishu is the last 16 years of the civil war. The people who were able to endure the warlords can’t even endure this psycho TFG soldiers and the Ethiopian soldiers. There is no peace. Mogadishu is ten times worse than it ever was. Even the UN/US didn’t endure daily mortar attacks!

To mention Somalia today and then say peace is an oxymoron!

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Cambarro:

I wonder what A Yusuf legacy would be in years to come.

He'll be remembered as the man who brought back Somalias glory after 16 years of civil war.

President Abdullahi: The man, the myth, the legend.

Duke, people are fleeing Mogadishu. I heard people fleeing to Mogadishu, but never from Mogadishu is the last 16 years of the civil war.

Mystic

Maybe you've been living under a rock for the past 16 years, but I'm sure there were hundreds of thousands of people who fled the violence of Mogadishu throughout the civil war. :confused:

Violet

Two million people were living in Mogadishu while the civil war was going on, none of them left. Now, the reality is they are fleeing in large numbers. To blame is the Ethiopian and TFG. Swallow that piece of information.

The yellow teethed man must have twisted what little intelligence you had.

He is not a president by the way. He was never elected by the Somali PEOPLE!

If you are educated about democracy and live in a democratic country you should at least know who is entitled to be president and who is not. A murderous warlord isn’t.

Ebyan   

Originally posted by mystic:

Violet

Two million people were living in Mogadishu while the civil war was going on, none of them left. Now, the reality is they are fleeing in large numbers. To blame is the Ethiopian and TFG. Swallow that piece of information.

The yellow teethed man must have twisted what little intelligence you had.

He is not a president by the way. He was never elected by the Somali PEOPLE!

If you are educated about democracy and live in a democratic country you should at least know who is entitled to be president and who is not. A murderous warlord isn’t.

If being elected by the Somali people is what makes one the President of Somalia, that would disqualify many of our former leaders including the person who held the title the longest; Maxamed Sayid Bare(Aun). President Abdullahi was elected by the Parliament and like it or not, each member of the parliament represents a constituency/riding and they, my friend, represent the Somali people. You can say President Abdullahi isn't your president, but he is the President of Somalia.

I think it's pretty foolish of you to deny historic events. Many people left Mogadishu during various periods in the '90s. The number of Somalis leaving now can in no way be compared to the number of Somalis who left in the '90s. Chew on that.

As for you questioning my intelligence, sorry to disappoint you madame, but it's not like I was waiting to hear a ringing endorsement from you.

elected please sorry to pop your dream but half the government of the TFG is filled with Warlords who rep power for their clan and who took power in a region by force and not by the will of the people, only the Puntland region in the government is were you have groups that have some backing of the people of that region. the Reps from Somaliland in the TFG have no backing of support from the people it represents. So please violet dont make the TFG to be all represented by leaders who are for the people by the people type of government cause in the end its not that black and white, its lets say gray picture of this TFG government

Originally posted by mystic:

Violet

Two million people were living in Mogadishu while the civil war was going on, none of them left. Now, the reality is they are fleeing in large numbers.

Are you forgetting that a large number of Sol members lived in Xamar and that the civil war was the reason they are in the west? Remember people being chased out of their birth city, torture, rape, maiming etc?

Do you think the thousands of Somali members in the Diaspora all lived in tuulos and buulos of somalia? Guess again.

violet

Sayid Barre was a dictator, he has put us in the mess we are today. He could taste hell itself and that won’t even fix what he was done to my beloved nation. No one elected the Parliament. The People sure didn’t vote for any of the members in the Parliament. So what or rather who gave them the right to elect a warlord among themselves? The parliament wasn’t a representative one, so there is no way it could represent the PEOPLE. Yusuf is no ones president. He is the lowest form on earth. He could crawl back to whatever rock he came out from.

We are talking about the period of the warlord era. However, similar to 91-94 people today are fleeing in “large numbers”. Digest that.

People like you should be informed of their malformed intellect. You don’t have to thank me, but acknowledge that I did in fact help you is compulsory. :D