Sign in to follow this  
Wisdom_Seeker

African peacekeepers arrive in Somalia !!!!!!

Ebyan   

Somalithinker

The parliament is comprised of people from all regions and clans. They (overwhelmingly) elected President Abdullahi. There were celebrations in many regions of Somalia, so I beg to differ. The parliament represents the people and they elected President Abdullahi, thus he is the uncontested leader of Somalia. You, of course, have the right to say he isn't your President..but like I said to Mystic, he is the President of Somalia.

Edit:

Mystic

So you're telling me hundred of thousands (if not millions )of people are leaving Mogadishu? Pity no news agency has reported such a massive exodus.

Originally posted by mystic:

Sayid Barre was a dictator, he has put us in the mess we are today. He could taste hell itself and that won’t even fix what he was done to my beloved nation.

He could be tasting Janatullah Fardows to the envy of people like yourself. The man has collected more ajar for all the Xan of many somalis including people like yourself.

facts are facts this government was not elected by the average person of somalia.

Fact most somalis are divided on this president.

Fact people are still dying even after the ICU left

Fact this topic is going in circles lol

Ebyan   

Facts are Facts most Presidents of Somalia weren't elected by the people.

Facts are Facts most Somalis are divided on many isssues, how is this any different. President Bush isn't liked by most Americans, but he's still the President, is he not?

Facts are Facts, remnants of the ICU are behind the disturbance in Mogadishu.

Facts are Fact President Abdullahi is the leader of Somalia.

^ The first government of Abdurahman Tuur was not elected by all the 'people'. But that doesn't mean much to you, or does it now?

Violet

They are Warlords and goons from all regions. Do correct your self-indulgent mistakes. Few celebrations that took place at villages in Puntland is not what I would call a Somalia celebration. You must be dense. The parliament in on shape or form represents the people. They never were a representative parliament and they will never be!

The parliament that elected him was never elected by the people. He has being elected by an unelected parliament. His presidency only exists in your diminutive mind. The people of Somalia were disfranchised!

Ebyan   

You seem quite fixated on Puntland. Leave our 'villages' to us missy. The celebrations took place in many places throughout Somalia (from Ras Casayr to Ras Kamyambooni), but if you choose to ignore that, that's fine by me. I know you're in pain and are currently in tacsi-mood, but hun, take this from me..the ICU is dead and long gone. It'd be best for your health if you stopped thinking otherwise.

Here's a link for your benefit:

The 5 stages of Grief

The last step is acceptance, so get back to me when you've reached that stage Inshallah. smile.gif

Originally posted by mystic:

Taako

We are not coming out from colonization, this is 2007, not 1960’s....

Abdurahman Tuur was elected in 1991. Hardly 1960.

The voice of what people? There has been no census for the last 30 years. The somali population has been nomadic forever. Getting 70% of the population in place to stand in a stall and make a vote without people saying voter turnout was not biased and rigged is highly unlikely without co-ordination and effort. It's going to take the somali government 45 days to assemble 3000 people in a national conference. How long do you think getting millions of geeljires to a) learn how to fill a ballot and b) get to the ballot?

The government will have 2 years to figure it out. Democratic elections are coming inshallah.

aaaa haaa so violent you agree with me that this president was not elected by the people aaa at least we getting some where.

Your next point is weak cause you can not compare President Bush with the TFG president for the simple but big fact that regardless what people think of Bush, he was elected by the people of the whole United States, you can not say the same about the old man. So dont compare apple to oranges ok.

Third point of the violences ICU or not the key point is that in the capital before the ethiopia came in their was no mass deaths or killings, after they came in mass killings of civilians, people leaving in large numbers and somali security officials being killed. You can not sugar coat that.

Fourth point yes legeally he is seen by people out side of somalia as the presdient but back home sections and regions dont view him as that, the capital is spilt on their views of the man and over seas somalis from UK to Sweden to seattle to see him as president. Being a paper president maybe ok with you, but its sad that he cant go to certain areas of nation he claims to lead.

Taako man you say that "The first government of Abdurahman Tuur was not elected by all the 'people'" and you know what i agree. The foundation of the creation of somalia was weak and todays reality is the result of that.