Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

George Orwell's big brother is watching you

Baashi   

You, you, and yes you too are under complete surveillance of George W. Bush's neocon administration. Be afraid and don't do anything stup!d!

Every call you make, every email you write, and every step you take they are watching you. Well not every step you take but certainly all electronic communications you have with friends, family members, and colleagues are under scrutiny especially if you fit the profile you know which... Oh Orwell how did you know all of this!

Sometimes you wonder whether this is a real or a tactic to get us into submission.

NSA and Phone companies...

Pacifist   

Am quite glad that my home phone company refused.

Among the big telecommunications companies, only Qwest has refused to help the NSA, the sources said. According to multiple sources, Qwest declined to participate because it was uneasy about the legal implications of handing over customer information to the government without warrants.

Qwest's refusal to participate has left the NSA with a hole in its database. Based in Denver, Qwest provides local phone service to 14 million customers in 14 states in the West and Northwest. But AT&T and Verizon also provide some services — primarily long-distance and wireless — to people who live in Qwest's region. Therefore, they can provide the NSA with at least some access in that area.

I heard this news this morning driving to work on npr. They are actually saying different things on this issue. That they tap in to phone calls but don't listen in. I say tell the bull to someone else.

Guhaad   

It would be interesting to know a third party would be listening to my phone/communication conversations. Sometimes substitution is the best and last option.

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum.

I have always been aware that I am closely watched even as I write this. It doesn't hurt to watch of certain things that we say sometimes. This law enabling the government to closely monitor people's phones, internet use, and other private activities was part of the " Patriotic act" that was passed after the 9/11 attacks on the twin towers of New York city and other areas. So you should bear in mind that you can still critize Bush and his adminstration for wrongfully going to war with Iraq without any proof that Saddam Hussein was in position of weapons of Mass destruction (WMD). But dont' comment or say anythings that are glorifying Saddam Hussein or any of America's oppositions, because that is when you will run into some sort of trouble, like getting a visit from the FBI. Also keep in mind brothers since we live in this country, we have to obey whatever "law" that is passed by the government. By self censoring yourself, you are sure to safe yourself from any evil doings. Don't act all tough now and think that you have full rights under the constitution, therefore you can say whatever you want. That is no no, don't be misled. No one has those type of right these day, especially if you an immigrant or refugee who is specifically a Muslim. I am trying to explain in small letters, so I hope you understand where I am coming from here exactly. ;)

Assalamu Calaykum.

Khalaf   

^^^^ :D ...Red your kidding I hope.

I did get visit by the FBI in 04 cause of my remarks about jihad…asked if I support bin Laden…Hamas… I know my phone calls are tapped…our MSA is monitored….and most of my friends are Arabs and pakis….one of them is named Osama. @ my university….a Yemani brother was deported …shit happens. But Muslims should stop with cowardness….Fear Allah Alone if we are indeed believers.