Sign in to follow this  
Nur

The Four States of The Mind

bushraa   

waaaaaaaaaaaaw!

masha.alaaaaah!

thanks bro nur for the articles

some of them anigayba iqusayan saan inbadan hilman uga jiro.

Ebe wayne Khaflada hanaga sanro asagaa Aziiz ahe.

bro nur thanks for the raminder.

Nur   

The second state of the mind as we discussed

previously is the:

The Dhanb State ( Sin State )

The sin state is the result of a prolonged Ghaflah State, when we park idly in a ghaflah state, we become numb, our senses go to sleep, our reason takes a vacation, and presto, we find ourselves in the forbidden half side of the game of life.

Sins are like gravity, if we let ourselves loose, it easily takes place, and there are four major facors for sins

1. Anger

2. Lust

3. Greed

4. Pride

1. When we are angry and in the ghaflah state, we abuse others verbally or phyisically unproportionally to the annoyance that we felt, and at extreme situations we injure or commit murder. Therefore the way to control the result of the anger is to control anger itself according to the Hadeeth of the Prophet SAWS " Do not get angry"

2. When we are under the influence of the NIMA + Ghaflah , abundant food, and good health and some money, and our desires are not safeguarded with Dhiker or fasting, our automatic pilot takes over our comprehension and we begin to use our hormones for thinking instead of our heads, this process of following the steps of Satan continues until Satan guides his victim step by step to commit a haraam action, and later convice his victim that they are now hopeless and bad, so contiue on this sinful track for a while. The sin here is a springboard to make a somersault to higher sins like shirk and kufr, acadanallaahu minhaa.

3. When we encounter the potential of making money, and we are in Ghaflah state, and we have dire need for money, we cross the decency line by stealing, cheating and in serious cases robbing or killing someone for the money.

The last case is the sin we committed when we were hallucinated with Pride, this type, all Nomads are familiar with, I guess, it is what caused the Uncivil war in Somalia.

So, if we do not repent from our sins what happnes?

Well, first the angels log an error message on your file which usually is sent to the heavens twice a week, Mondays and Thursdays, at Fajr and Asr prayers respectively, so if you fail to settle the sin by making Istighfaar or Tawbah, the Constables on Patrol ( COP) angels will be looking for your tags, you are WANTED. So, when your file is reviewed, and it is deemed that you are a Muslim, the angels are instructed to serve you a regimen of punishment much less in proportion to the sin you have committed " Wa maa asaabakum min musiibatin fa bimaa kasabat aydiikum wa yacfuu can katheer " meaning, " Any misfortune that happens to you is what you have rightfully earned with your bare hands, yet, Allah had forgiven you the most of it " just like a judge reduces a traffic ticket as a mercy, but you do PAY, because if you do the crime, you do the time.

So the way to handle your sins is first to be guardful, HAFEEDH, so you do not fall in it to begin with, however if you find yourself in the sin pit, don't just sit there, do something like repenting and sitihfaar, so you become AWWAAB, that way you are like Muhammad Ali getting up from the canvas after being hit by an stray right jab to the jaw.

Now, Sins are two categories

1. Those we commit when we are well aware

2. Those twe commit when are not aware of

The first category, we must immediatley repent, the longer we delay repentance, the more likelier that a misfortune will happen to us as a punishment for our sin

The second type, we should always say " Rabbanaa laa tu'aakhidnaa in naseenaa aw akhda'naa" Our Lord do not hold us responsible if we forget ( and commit a sin) or if we mistakenly commit an error" we should always make Istighfaar, so that they wipe away ours sins since Allah SWT said, " Wa maa kaana Allah mucadhibahm wa hum yastaghfiruun" meaning Allah was not about to punish them while they actively seek forgiveness ISTIGHFAAR. So, what do you have to loose, continuesly say Istaghfirullaah, I tried it, you will be safe.

Our sins affect the following:

1. Wealth, money, we are punished by our money stolen, etc.

2. Health, you can get sick due to unfirgiven sins

3. Family, your family and friends can drive you nuts as a punishment of your sins.

4. Depression.

So, if you contnously make sitighfaar, you will wipe out your sins before you pay the price, so you will have a trouble free life, a little paradise on earth.

Sins also withhold good things to happen to you (NIMA). So, if you continously make istighfaar, your sins are reduced and good things begin to flow like rain, money and kids if you like to have some little anarchists at home. Allah SWT says " Istaghfiroo Rabbakum innahu kaana Ghaffaaraa, Yorsili samaa calaykum midraaraa wa yumdidkum bi amwaalin wa baniin wa yajcallakum jannaatin wa anhaaraa" meaning, seek forgiveness from your Lord, for He is the often forgiving, He will pour down the rain abundantly, and he will provide you with wealth and kids, and He will provide you with gardens and flowing rivers ( from the down pour)

See how many good things your sins costing you?

So, if you are wise, you will stop thinking about sins, if you still enjoy your sins, let us visit the exciting horror show next.

If you get sick due to your sins, and have a large file of sins logged on your account, you will realize that your time has arrived, moment of truth is at hand, you begin to shiver and shake as death approaches , now you are at your death bed and the angels are administering you with a punishment of pain before you depart, your bed sheets are like Lake Michigan due to your heavy sweat, but this punshment is really good for you because it wipes a portion of your sins, it is easier to pay here than over there.

Next, if you still have sins left on your file, the Muslims will pray on your Janaazah, and the more people the better, so they will ask Allah SWT to forgive you, as a result Allah SWT will reduce your sins proportionally with the size of the attendants and their iimaan quality ( Watch out, your grandma in Garasbaalley sacrificing a camel to make a big funeral may not do the trick, if that was on your mind)

Next, you find yourself in the grave, this is not the executive suites of Marriott at Maui, or the Shangrilla at Dubai, you are in dark pit buddy, accompanied by a terabit file that you never paid attention to, so the angels look at your file and when they see the remaining sins, the punsiment of the grave begins, the real horror show, you are the actor, and accordingly a lot of yours sins are settled here.

Next, you hear the horn of the day of judgement being blown and you wake up, and follow the DAACEE, your leader angel, the driver and the witness ( Saa'iq wa shaheed) so you have to go throught the siraat, the straight narrow path, which is like the sobriety line test on which the police make drunk people walk on to see if they are balanced. So if you have been drunk with love of the worldly goods, you will fail this test and fall off to hell, otherwise, your sins will be waiting for you on the sides of the Siraat, depending on the severity of your sins, a corresponding hook bearing your name will be looking out for you, and will zapp you when you pass by, either tossing you below to hell or scratching you and causing you agony fear, here on the siraat more sins will be wiped out.

Next, if you still have some sins left, you will fall in hell and the torture will cleansen you or your remaining sins.

Now, that was some trip! init?

So, is it worth fooling around yaa geelley Nomad?

2004 e-Nur Softwaano Series

We Attack Problems, not People

Nur   

The Nima State

It is when you complain about your expensive persian carpet not matching your Italian marble floors.

It is about when you have to take your fat male cat to the vet for fixing for a $ 2000 surgical fee.

It is about staying online all night chatting with e-friends, munching on nuts, being served shaahi by your hooyo who thinks you are working very hard on your homework.

It is about complaining what to eat first, your salads, cheeses or soup, before you go for the big kill of a giant juicey New York steak, Linguini al dente, and asperagus, carrots and squash, a serving of Cheese cake, and a hot cup of tea prepared with qorfo, zanjabil and heil.

It is about feeling too healthy and fresh as to dare to cross the line of decency, by showing your feminine thighs on Somaliaonline to tease male viewers who are struggling to keep their gaze down.

Nima State is when you do not realize that you have it all, but ungratefully, you want more.

Nima State , coming to a monitor near you.

2004 e-Nuri Communications Company

Connecting You To Your Creator

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Nur:

Ghaflah, therefore is the characteristic of someone who took all advice as not serious, and suddenly found that her calculation were all wrong, so in the case of death, when you die, it is like sleeping, but Mowtul ghaflah, is like heart attack, when you die without expecting to die, so in that sense you were caught off guard.

Got it...makes sense, jazakallah kheyr bro.

About the two types of sins, a sin is a sin, and I guess you'll get punished no matter what if you don't repent...but isn't the former one more significant than the later? For instance, don't you get punished more for the dhamb you commit knowingly?...is there a difference in the accaptance of the istighfaar for the two types. And also, what if a person commits the former one, and it becomes habitual and they're very well aware of its severity but they just can't get themselves to stop?

I'm just having such difficulty with this personally....as hard as it is to admit, there are certain things I do such using perfumes for instance, which I have a passion for, and I know it's Xaraam but I still do it. And when I start to repent, I just get this little voice in my head, I don't don't know whether it's my guilty conscience or shaydaan, but it says that 'your istighfaar is useless because you keep doing it over again knowingly'. I just don't know :(:(

Now, that was some trip! init?

A very horrifying one too. May Allah forgive our sins and make that road short for us and let us escape from the punishment of the grave and that of the akhira. Amin!

Nur   

Haneefah sis

Here is a similar answer to a similar question by Sister Pearl, she was worried about Music, you about perfume, me I used to like music, I stopped lisening to music, but, because I am a man, wearing my cologne is halaal, I love it, and inshAllah , more of it in Jannah.

When we do a sin, and then redo it it is called in Fiqh ISRAAR, Being stubbornly sinful,

"Israar" means that you commit sins without remorse day in and day out, you plan it right and execute it without a regard to Allah and his creatures.

A sin commited in israar is usually driven by a greater sin called " Istikhfaaf" not taking Allah for serious, disobeying at will, which is different than a sin committed thoughtlessly and with fear before one commits it and remorse after one has committed it.

Music is deffinetely a minor form of sin, as a teen , I couldn't fall asleep without my music, but as I found Islam, I could not put the love of Allah and love of music in the same slot, " Jaa al xaq, wa zahaqal baatil" truth arrived, so evil has to get out of my heart, and honestly, of all the jaahili habits that I had, quitting to listen to music was by far the most painful, and alhamdulillah, in exchange, Allah gave me an iimaan that is soooooo "macaaaaaaaan" that the entire US treasury gold reserve can not buy, and happiness that filled my heart, soooooooooo, "farxad badan" that i cant wait to see the loved ones in aakhira.

In conclusion iimaan is a variable quantity, it increases with good deeds and sacrifices and decreases with bad deeds and insisting on sins, to the point where no iimaan is left, and one becomes so bold as to declare in public that she/he does not believe in Islam, which is the result of continous degredation of faith quality.

Xurmad Badan

Nur

2004 e-Nuri Communications

enlightening Camel boys and Camel Girls

Nur   

Nomads

When I first posted this article , I had the visison of writing extensively on these four areas, looking back, I find that I did cover The Sin State fairly( No Feedback from Nomads) or the Ghaflah state( just a hint and promise i fail to deliver and no one asked my why), However, I was planning to post a long article on Nima State alone, but again, No Nomad showed ineterest to fuel my drive to write and post further, reason being majority of Nomads may not read Nur Posts, and if the do, usually they shy away without a response, so as a writer sometimes I feel I am talking in a dark room, but because i am driven by a higher calling, I use imagination, I imagine sharing my insights with real Nomads, just to get enough motivation to keep posting.

So , in that spirit, bear with me, even if you can't stand my posts, becasue some more of the same thing is going to hit your monitor, like the SABR State article, which is the last series Sate of the Four, and may be , just may be, you'll get a certificate of appreciation for your PATIENCE, which will make it worth your while, not from me, but inshAllah, from Allah SWT in the day of Judgement and the angels will come and visit you in your palace in Heaven saying to you:

" Salaamun Calaykum bibaa sabarum, fa nicma cuqba Daar"

"Peace be on you, for what you've endured (Nur Posts for Allahs sake), (Heaven)indeed is best home to retire in"

Sabr State coming soon to a monitor near you!

Nur

Viking   

(Watch out, your grandma in Garasbaalley sacrificing a camel to make a big funeral may not do the trick, if that was on your mind)

LOOOOOL, there goes my plan!

That was funny sxb. Many of us who visit these forums live abroad in non-Muslim countries. If someone died in Helsinki, is his/her sin reduction less compared to someone who died in Khartoum where a large number of people prayed for his/her janaazah?

Next, you find yourself in the grave,...the punsiment of the grave begins, the real horror show, you are the actor, and accordingly a lot of yours sins are settled here.

I think you should have taken up more about the state of 'Barzakh'. I have a book that deals with the subject and I found it very interesting to say the least. Unfortunately it is a state that isn't talked about much, maybe people would benefit greatly from your contributions on this subject.

This topic is very important and I am glad I read it. Don't be discouraged by the number of replies sxb, it says nothing about the number of people who read your topics. On Somalinet, one can see the number of times a post has been viewed. Maybe a feature like that could prove valuable here on SOL. What do you think?

jazakallahu khairan walaal it is always enlightening to read your posts and as brother bashi said we are looking forward to your nima state post.we might not be a good feedbackers due to our strict time but we are certainly a good readers of your works. so don't give up hope yet we are here to reaad.

Br. Nur   

Baashi bro and Sareedo sis

Your advice taken, inshaAllah, I will cover the two states that you have mentioned.

If I may make a small correction of the SABR state that i made earlier, actually there is no Sabr State , the state is called Ibtilaa State, SABR is the cure for those who suffer Ibtilaa.

And inshAllah, we shall cover the Nima state, and delve in the real meanning of the word Nicmah.

Nur

Nur   

Baashi bro

Bear with me, InshaAllah, I will post the Ibtilaa state which can be handled through SABR, Sabr is not a state, its the cure, Ibtilaa is the state,

Nur

Nur   

The Ibtilaa State ( State of Test of how well we respond to Tribulations and Temptations )

Ibtilaa, is a state in which we find ourselves in the wrong halfside of life, our Nafs is focus of the ibtilaa. Few people can face these tribulations and pain, and come out winners, let us examine source of this pain:

1. Harmful things we love, and the price we pay to get them.

2.Beneficial things we hate, and the price we pay to keep them out of our sight and mind.

Why would we resist good things, and be tempted to run after bad things?

It is all in our human make up, we simply cant keep our hands away from forbidden things, and we cant force ourselves do what is good for us.

So, we need SABR, to force ourselves to do things we hate, and we also need SABR to help us aginst temptations to cross the red light.

Sabr comes in four flavors

1. Sabr Ikhtiyaari ( Sabr by choice )

2. Sabr Idh-tiraari ( Sabr by compulsion )

The Two types of Sabr are further subdivided

A. Sabr of forcing oneself to do something good

B. Sabr of Fighting Ones evil temptations.

Of all virtues in Islam, Sabr is the highest, and the most rewrded af all good deeds, Allah SWT says: " Innamaa yuwafaa al Saabiroona ajrahum bi gheiri Xisaab " Those who display Sabr duriung tribulations and Temptations are rewarded their dues without a measure"

Now you may not realize that you are in a state of Ibtilaa, but if you are in the following situations, or have been, you have been tested:

1. Daily Double ( For men who take a long look at attractive women, first look is free, second gaze the meter is recording a sin against you, so I hope Rudy does not come up with a trick around this by taling a very long look, cuz it is the same as several looks) I know from experience if you do not shield yourself with Thiker, you will not be able to resist to look, your fiber breaks at this point unless you seek Allah's protection from Satan's temptations ).

2. Gosssip ( A fovorite passtime for many women, and some men, once a person starts backbiting another in your presence, if you do not make an efforst to divert the issue, walk out or advice the backbiter, you have just failed an ibtilaa state midterm exam ).

3. You are asked for information, it is not in your best interst to tell, you have three choices a. Tell it as it is even if it against your interest. b. Lie about it, c. Take the fifth ( right to stay silent )

4. You have an apportunity to make money, some dihonesty is needed for the deal to go through, like a lie, or deception, you need the money badly, this is a test, this is only a test!

5. You have been up all night, you drop asleep at 3 PM, when you have descendd to the depest level of sleep, the alarm sounds for Fajr prayer, its is cold and you need sleep badly so you can stay on top of your job tomorrow ( Specially if you are a roofer ), so you keep sleeping. It was only a test Ibtilaa.

6. You come to a situation in which you have to stand for what is right, but because of your personal ineterss are threatened, you shy away, you have taken a test, another bad grade for a cumulative average below the "C" level, to qualify for the simmering heat down under the sea level of molten lava gushing redhot to melt your skin away in seconds just to be recreated to feel the pain over and over again forever!.

7. You are earning a big income, you have health, you know what is right, you see poor people around suffering, you see pain, you realize that you are blessed, but you are not sharing your blessings by alleviating the suffering from the weak and poor.

8.You are knowledgeable in Islam, but you are not taking any effort in spreadding your knowledge and making a difference, you are preoccupied with your basic instincts of survival, of food, shelter and making babies, you are in danger buddy, you are under Ibtilaa and you need Sabr from things that are interfering with your calling of Dawah of probogation of Islam to humans regardless of their race and location.

Sabr is the cure for the above examples, either you have Sabr with things or efforts you dislike, which are for the common good as directed by Allah, Or you need Sabr from things, or actions that are tempting you against your common sense. A short pleasure followed by pain is no fun, no matter how long the pleasure lasts as Allah says in Quraan " A fa ra'aitum in mattacnaahum siniin, thumma jaa' ahum maa kaanuu yuucaduun, maa aghnaa canhum maa kaanuu yumattacuun " Meaning:

" Suppose we have pleased them for many earthily years, then (suddenly after death), they are face to face with the promise (of life after death and Judgment day), what can their past pleasure do now for them to alleviate the torment the they are about to face ?"

To be continued.............

Nur

2004 e-Nuri Softwaano Syndicates @ Somaliaonline.

We Attack Problems, Not People!

Most of the time I find myself in the Ibtilaa state. And sometimes I do run out of patience but it is not a sign of ingratitude to Allah but mostly towards the wrong or uncalled for acts people tend to make. I beleive everyone has a limit and when it crosses the limit I try to be courteous as possible let it out and move on.I do apologise if Ive said anything unappropriate to the situation but mostly I stick with the topic in hand.

The state I wish to be in (I think im in NOW is) the Neema state. Its a beautiful state but has its drawbacks you can get carried away and lose you bearings if u dont remember that everything we have, our body,the air we breathe belongs to Allah. Havent had family to dot me for a while and now Alhamdullilah about to feel the belonging again. Pray that I dont overdo it and use my time wisely.Having family around you is a blessing in their absence you understand more the emptiness in life which exists.