Sign in to follow this  
Yoonis_Cadue

SBS Australia-Out of Africa programme this wednesday..

Sky   

I don’t know about you, but I don’t need culture to tell me whether or not a person who admits to being the first to destroy a country (and mind you not doing anything productive to change his ways) is bragging. Not doing anything productive about admitting of crimes is basically bragging in my books.

Well that's why we have always bumped heads Rahima. Our Somali political views are worlds apart. In my opinion, his role in Puntland [A mega-region of relative peace and prosperity] as well as his current role in Federal Somalia are very much productive. You might disagree, but you tend to equate the Mog warlords to CY. A big mistake and unfair to the man.

I have this feeling that you haven't listened but rather followed the subtitles. An important part, which wasn't properly translated unfortunately, was: "Dowlada baan ka soo horjeesanay, laakiin wixii wey inaga fakatay" Meaning that the rebellion [A justified rebellion mind you] against the tyranny had escalated.

He closed it with saying that it was up to the first man who caused the chain reaction and the others who followed suit to end this current situation they themselves caused.

Again, I cannot detect any form of bragging by the President.

Rahima   

^As is your opinion. I call it bragging, not because of the words necessarily (and why would I follow the subtitles, the man was speaking in Somali after all, your feeling is wrong) or even the tone but because of his actions.

To admit that you were the first to destroy the nation and run around as he does is in my books to brag. Sincere repentance equates to not bragging and this is done by making sincere recompense.

You might disagree, but you tend to equate the Mog warlords to CY. A big mistake and unfair to the man.

Yes the sky is blue. Of course I disagree and of course you would say that. Dude in my books a person who admits to being the first is rightfully arguably the worst, not to mention he along with a few other thugs have made it a habit to use the enemy on their brothers. At the very least CY is as bad as the Mogadishu warlords and i hold this to be the truth. To me evil is evil.

And you are right, our political opinions are worlds apart. As far apart as two opinions can be.

Rahima   

It was worse then ‘that bad’ Horn. It was embarrassing and just plain sad-not just for CY but the government in general and the overall state of Somalia. Makes you rethink why you even care.

Salaan...

Reer Mudug aren't all that bad, and sweeping statement regarding them would be injustice, if not prejudicial.

I believe Marxuum C/rashiid Cali Sharmaarke hailed from that region, and, quite frankly, as a family friend he was to my old man, for what I gathered, he had had a trait very few Soomaali "politicians" can even dream about, let alone possess.

Gabbal   

Rahima, I will take your word it sis. I honestly have lost faith too; I can't say I am idealistic as I used to be.

Miskiin-

Dadka ha u qarin. Ilaahay baa na leh ee wax kastoo Soomaaliya ka qaldan reer Mudug baa u sabab ah. Wax alle wax kastoo dhibaata Soomaaliya ka ah, waa reer Mudug daraadood, awgood maahan, daraadood laakiin.

BTW President Sharmaarke was reer Bari.

Reer Mudug as MMA pointed out are not all bad and the individual he higlighted the late President Abdirashid was a great example. As ever Raqid gets the wrong end of the stick in fact Abdirashids mother was from South Mudug so he was Mudug by birth and blood.

Originally posted by Sky:

Shermaarke was Reer Mudug from Hobyo.

One (1) arguably positive influence in Somali history from Mudug region. Then, other negative names come to mind...

Rahima   

^ :D

I don’t know why some are getting their knickers in a knot. Like I said a black man can tell a lamington joke. It is not called prejudice.