Sign in to follow this  
Somali Pirate

any more patriotic somalis out there?

Jeez, the more i see the state of the country the more i wonder if the lunatics running the asylum will ever be thrown out.

Seeing my homeland fake elections where the money is supplied by western countries who would love nothing more to see a fragmented somalia is really disheartening.

Then again we have been under the boot of murderous thug called riyaale all these years.

I look at puntland and xaamar and i am just wondering, are we somalis so blinded by hate for each other that it has become second nature to discuss 3 seperate entities as if we are no longer somalis but somalilanders, puntlanders and somalis?

If it were up to me i would banish every single selfish seccessionists, warlords and dictator out there.

where is our patriotism for our country? Is no one bothered about the country as a whole save for their own tribal enclaves?

Heh i just had an argument with my mom over this. She thinks we should not care about the south and puntland. She thinks we should care only about somaliland. This mentality is just pathetic and i told my mom i am a muslim first and somali second. Issaq comes after that.

I just want my country to be one. Is that too much to ask for?

Yes it's to much to ask, your mom is right. focus on your region and maybe 20 years from now when all regions are moving forward as oppose to backwards then unity and patriotism can be discussed. As of today somalia is in complete shambles for such talk to even be put in the middle of the agenda, there are otther more alarming issues to be dealt with than somali patriotism or unity. As it stands Somali people don't afford or deserve such luxury. Only healthy states should talk about patriotism, somalia doesn't belong to that category, it's a completly failed state and should be the last of all nations to utter such words.

^^Brother, I understand your frustration. Any Somali patriot would feel the same. Believe me you are not alone.

It's, however, not the end of the world to be divided into regions or provinces. As you may know every country on the planet are divided into regions and sub regions (normally districts). So our country can also naturally be divided into regions. What we need is unity. And progressive regions should and would not be an obstacle to such unity. When peace prevails in whole of our motherland, all those regions and future ones can and will form unity, whether it's federal or unitary form.

Having said that, I have always been opponent to federalism. I still think unitary state building is the only way righteous for our nation. The central government must be strong and run most important matters, such as health care, education, security and law enforcement, judicial system, natural resource, foreign policy etc. I also believe next level of administration should be districts. Regions should only be ceremonial and have very little administrative missions. Moreover they should be formed by technical criteria rather than clannish motive. For instance Berbera, Las Qorey and Bosaso have more in common than Berbera have with Burco, Las Qorey with Dhahar and Bosaso with Qardho. If such formation is based on justice, equality and brotherly, then it should not fail. But unfortunately we are not in such position right now.

It may happen one day Insha Allah.

If we live to see, only time will tell.

where is our patriotism for our country? Is no one bothered about the country as a whole save for their own tribal enclaves?[...]

i just had an argument with my mom over this. She thinks we should not care about the south and puntland. She thinks we should care only about somaliland. This mentality is just pathetic and i told my mom i am a muslim first and somali second.

Indeed, I have been used now in that same position of advocating for Unity while enraging relatives ("braiwashed" "dreamer" "mercenary" and other adjectives are reserved for our like) and a much more productive line over time is to emphasize the concept of Al Wala wal Bara as well as its link with Tawhid, as this is desperately needed among Somalis.

At the same time, what would you expect of a populace which lacks even the most basic Islamic knowledge?

Yet, whether it be through business, marriage, studies or life in diaspora, Somalis are becoming ever more interlinked while the new prospects are quite encouraging to say the least...

PS: I think it is mainly those of us in Hargeysa that require to be convinced, in my experience, (contrasted to Burcawis, especially in the East side, let alone folks from Awdal and other regions which represent the majority of "Somaliland" territory).

RedSea   

You calling your own mother a 'pathetic qabiilist'? :confused:

Listen to your mother. You know nothing young man and your mother is more experienced than you. Dayuus.

NGONGE   

^^ War yarka ha caayin, bila edab yaho. :D

Somali Pirate, I think you need to have a word with the Nomad that goes by the name of 'ME'. He was exactly where you are now two years ago but he now finally saw the light.

ps

If you are a Muslim first, why do you even need to be Somali? ;)

pps

Abu Salman, are these facts your sharing with us or just your gut feeling?

Egaaal >Dayuus is bige word to use for someone who did not attcak you, Just if you forget there SOL golden Rules (No personal attack) Think again before you type young boy. Don't let hate take you over.If i were you i will foce on the massage rather then the massenger. besides somaliprites could have completly different hopes and ideas then from his mother.

Ina shankaroonland i am sure you are aware off freedom of speach right?

Advise to somalipirate pray for your mom. And make sure she listense to alot (muxaadaro) she seems she is stuck with old system ina ayaa tahay . Haraacin qof aadan isku reer aheen and so on. <---- those are just exsamples,that is why she does not like somali unite

And don't listen to these seccessionists, all they will teach you is hate. Espcisl JB he has bee brian washed by Riyaale. lol

Blessed   

NG, Do you think a Somali etihaad is feasible, with us being AD off course. :D

Red, stop putting words in his mouth, he was talking about the idea, not his mother.

Blessed   

LOL@ Petrol. It would probably take decades at least.

Oh, back to topic, I've been meaning to ask, where does patriocity come into al wala wal bara?

NGONGE   

Actually, Blessed, not petrol alone. We'll need a Sheikh Zayid figure (not a Sh. Sharif).

Al wala wal bara (the new buzz word for any self respecting online mullah) probably relates to Xabashi relations here. I'll leave you to follow the logic....

Blessed   

logic? Err. never mind.

Aah, don't remind me about Sheikh Zayid, he's the one thing I envy about Emaratis. They play Allah ya dar Zayed almost every morning. LOL. A Zayid for Somalis would be out of this world.

Yes, Sh.Sharif is sadly lacking in strength (of character). Sowwi, Xiin.

LOL@Abu.