Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

Nur Cade to Newsweek: Ethiopia, our beloved friend in our hour of need.

There is a world of difference between calling reconciliation between Somalis and blaming al shabaabs for the violence that engulfed Xamar. The first is a principled stance that has solid rationale. I challenged many brothers on these boards to articulate their reasons behind opposing an unconditional peace talks between warring parties to arrive some sort of understanding, at the minimum, on the big issues. So far no one met that challenge. And the argument remains unscathed!

The latter is a grossly misplaced blame on folks who took a historic stance against invading enemy. Before the Ethiopian invasion, these youths were doing the police work and serving justice where needed most. After Ethiopia invaded, they defended themselves with whatever capacity they had. One can critique their strategy and end goals if one so wishes but blaming them for the death and destruction that befell on Xamar is just unmerited. And such desperate argument deserves no rebuttal methinks!

Che,

Sometimes you have to swallow bitter pill because you are sick and you want to get better. Somalia is sick and the doctor says peace is the only way to get better.

^I don't see peace being feasible under the current circumstances. If you think otherwise, do let me know how you would achieve that. We all want peace, but is question under what conditions and whose terms?

The terms for peace deal is obvious. First the violence must stop. Second a time table should be set for Ethiopian troops replace by AMISOM or Arab Muslim forces if they are willing. The Asmara group must be included in the govenment.

After this deal anyone who takes up arms should be dealt with firmly by all Somalis.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Juje:

quote:Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Plain and simple he is naught but a
rubber stamp and it is obvious you support him for nothing else but the fact you
assume
he can sit himself closer to Zenewi at the expense of Yusuf. Thus, not because he is a righteous man nor a man who is touched by the suffering of the people of Mogadishu, ironically from
your
divide of the Somali clan makeup if not your
immediate
divide in the sub-clannish sense, but because he can pull a fast one on the old Yey by prostrating himself more lower than the said man.

Cajiib sxb your measurement bar does not expand further than 'Barre Hirale' - hence the prostration. Yes you are right I want Nuur Caade to be more closer than Yeey to Zenawi and the powers beyond which made easy for Yeey to conduct his merciless masaccre on the people in Mogadishu. Now if Nuur Caade can reverse that by getting more closer , then let it be.

Mida kale isnt it Hirale's closeness to the man that is preventing Yeey from making Mogadishu 2 in Kismayo.Hadey adigu ku shaqeysey in ay ana ii shaqeyso maxaad igu diide. Saxiib 'H' turub barey'

Bal ii sheeg wax laga xishoodo - mise iska hadal bey ka aheyd.
:D:D:D

Rageedi. First I am delighted to see you took my "canaan" with good spirits. Adeer hadaad i leedahay meesha shax siyaasadeed ee qarsoon ayaa la dheelayaa, jawaabteydu waxa ay tahay maxaa kowdi ku diiday. Anigu ta keliya ee iga hadalsiisay waxa ay ahayd markuu odeygu yiri "xaalad cakiran ee bini-aadanimo dalka kama jiro" oo aan runtii la yaabay igana caraysiisay inagoo kawada warqabno gaantaalka xabashigu inuu dad iyoo duunyadi Xamar galaafay. Laakiin anigu canaanteydi waan ceshen hadaad i leedahay shax siyaasadeed ayaa socoto looga goleeyahay in lagu badbaadiyo dad iyo duunyadi waxa ka hartay.

...and to that I say, what took you so long! smile.gif

I want Nuur Caade to be more closer than Yeey to Zenawi and the powers beyond which made easy for Yeey to conduct his merciless masaccre on the people in Mogadishu.

This single line demolishes the argument that Ethiopia is occupying us. Don't you think it is the so called insurgency that is fueling this war? There will have been no destruction and killing of civilians if there was no bombing and killing by the shabaabs and other warlords.

If Nuur Cade can delvier peace in Mogadishu, then he will have the support of all Somalis and so far he is working toward that goal.

LANDER   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^I don't see peace being feasible under the current circumstances. If you think otherwise, do let me know how you would achieve that. We all want peace, but is question under what conditions and whose terms?

^Finally someone with sense

Unlike Ernesto Guevara's quote some folks would have you believe it is better to live on your knees than die standing.

Fabregas   

quote:you think it is the so called insurgency that is fueling this war?

What do you expect the "insurgents" to do? Hand over there weapons to Ethiopians? Wear macawiis and perform tribal dances infront of their bases? The occupation is fueling the war and the occupation is fuelling the "insurgency". THat is not to say SOmali would be at peace if there were no Ethiopians. But definitely, there will be war and violence so long as there are Ethiopians on Somali soil. If Ethiopians came to Somalia with Donkeys and olives: then that would be an entirely different case. But they came to Somalia on the back of killing several thousand Somalis and on top of tanks and helicopters. So don't you guys think it is rather hypocritical to cry say Ethiopians can come to Somalia with the all the latest weaponry brought from North Korea. But on the other hand young Somalis are not allowed to fire simply rockets at Ethiopians bases because this is bringing "destruction"?

Horn made me laugh, wallahi that was one of the finest trip ups I have ever witnessed on SOL.

Che, the Boston Al Shabaab commander, adeer why do you cry so much and pretend so much?

The Clan Courts or USC groups are finished, now they can keep up the tactics of killing and maiming civilians in markets, assasinating elderly retired officers and plainly acting crazy. They are yesterdays men, their leaders will surely face execution sooner or later.

As for the AU, Africa's problems can only be solved by African's, hence Somalia is not occupied by anyone, the Ethiopians, Ugandans, Burundians and the whole AU is behind the TFG.

Eritrea and a few terrorists are supporting the clan clowns and lackeys like Mohamed Abdi Yusuf, Sharif Xasan who lost.

Nur Cade is doinga fine job, and he seems to have found his voice of late..