Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

SOL/Politics section key players for dummies

Castro   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Ayoub, .... a child in Addis is not closer to you ....
He is closer to me dammit! At least I support the occupation. What do you support?

:D

Whatever happened ideas and heated counterpoints [some pointless] that were known in this section? What is this personalization -- threads about members of SOL -- of this section lately? Kamoon hee, aqiyaarta.

Meesha abaar siyaasadeed maa ka dhacday, oo wax laga hadlo maala waaye? Same old recycled news bites waa laga daalay, aha? Weary laga noqday miyaa? Waa wareey iga dheh.

Saaxiib General Duke,

I aver that most of the posters on the SOL forum suffer from what is know as "cognitive dissonance".

Stated simply, cognitive dissonance occurs when a person believes something to be true, that is in reality, actually false. Also, cognitive dissonance occurs when a person believes something to be false, that is in reality, actually true.

And the above leads to dhulQarnayn's formula that:

Reality = Perception + Misperception + No Perception

When a person reads a post that is in direct opposition to the set of cognitions they have already formed internally. They will react to it in certain ways. If the degree of opposition is high enough it can cause in the worst cases, almost a physical discomfort.

When a person come across the types of posts that cause them discomfort, they react in one of several ways.

This is where Jung's personality functions meet up with the cognitive dissonance reactions.

Jung states that there are 4 types of functions that personalities use to interact with their environment.

Thinking

Feeling

Physical (sensation)

intuitive

The degree of dissonance and the type of function that is predominate in a persons personality will determine how a person reacts to a post.

If a person has a high degree of dissonance to a posting and he reacts with a predominance of the thinking/physical function he will use a logical, well documented rebuttal.

But if a person has a high degree of dissonance to a posting and he reacts with a predominace of the feeling /intuitive. Then he will mock, belittle or otherwise attempt to undermine the importance of either the information in the post or the poster themselves.

This is a disagreement between what a person has "already" disgested and what he is attempting to take in.

A person who has strong feelings to begin with on subjects such as politics, tribalism or other ego based areas are very suceptable to CD.

Everyone experiences cognitive dissonance. But how they handle it is pure Jung Function. Being able to identify what makes you uncomfortable and being able to predict how you react to that dissonance will help you be able to develop more than just one of Jung's functions. Then you can tailor your reaction to the post to suit whatever reaction you wish to provoke in your opponent.

General Duke, I gather you understand the subjects that can trigger a CD in a person like Mr Oodweyn(which explains the ad hominem attacks)and I bet you can identify which Jung function he will react to and thereby effect influence and direct the entire exchange you have with him on this forum.... WOE to OodWeyn!

^ let me guess you're a freshman psychology student :D ... how did i guess, you ask ?

well, ^ this is a hint that mathematics is not your strong suit

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Dabshid:

What about the sleeping group? All they talk about is pre-1990s!
smile.gif

Loo at your sig pic mate :D

Fabregas   

sOME wisdom from the logical and reasonable, " expectant group".

:D

Castro: your attempt at humor does not disguise the singular truth of Warrabe’s historic words. The TFG alliance with Ethiopia is an alliance between two neighboring governments. Thus no TFG leader or any other Somali leader has made such statements as Warrabe’s and the secessionists have accorded this man a great position in their system, thus he was rewarded after those comments.

North: your in limbo as usual, nothing valuable to add to the discourse here. Embarrassment is the least of our worries; we expect insults and talk as it’s the last weapon of the defeated.

Emperor: I did not insult the secessionists its they who made friends and attended conferences of the rights groups for those people who old man Castro stated are following their “natural” urges.

Dhul-Qarnayn

General Duke, I gather you understand the subjects that can trigger a CD in a person like Mr Oodweyn(which explains the ad hominem attacks)and I bet you can identify which Jung function he will react to and thereby effect influence and direct the entire exchange you have with him on this forum.... WOE to OodWeyn!

;)

N.O.R.F   

Oh oh this is a discourse is it? I thought it was another '4 years and no progress, war, famine, displacement etc' but we must forget all that cos adeero is the man!

^^Again who are you fooling?

What is the secessionist solution to the famine, war and troubles of the Somali’s?

To say they are not Somali’s to hark back to the colonial days as a historic point that added value to their clan. What nonsense, the Presidnet of Somalia is trying to restore the republic, you are wishing for continued war.

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^Again who are you fooling?

What is the secessionist solution to the famine, war and troubles of the Somali’s?

T

Contrary to that..SL will be in a better position to get their independence whenever Somalia's trouble settles.

Africa own

Adeer that’s valid point, but the secessionist movement as highlighted by the buffoonery of Warrabe have chosen the route of promoting war in the south and basking in the misery of the south. They have no sother strategy.