Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Breaking news: Ethiopians vacate Mogadishu!

Thierry.   

Patience and perseverance pays off, if the mighty America is thinking of packing their bags in Baghdad what do you think of these hired mercenaries, once their money supply they have no reason to be there. As always in prolonged war the inhabitants are in the long term the victorious.

Good general nobody is after your stooge government, but don’t expect the structure to be the same once your muscle is gone.

We salute the brave warriors who attacked and made the mercenaries stay in Mogadishu nightmare.

Xoogsade   

I am holding on to my celebration, this is too good to be true. Such news will engulf the rest of southerners who were sitting on the sidelines and many may join to fight the Ethiopian troops wherever they are.

It was worth the sacrifice, all the bloodshed and the misery will be forgotten for the freedom gained, people will focus on supporting honest leadership if there is one after the Ethiopian withdrawal. I want the TFG finished if the Xabashis quit or at least hang its leaders. No forgiveness for these savages. But that is my opinion even though I will not protest if somalis settle for less than that due justice and simply let the ignoble stooges leave the country.

"It was worth the sacrifice, all the bloodshed, and the misery will be forgotten, people will focus on supporting honest leadership if there is one after the Ethiopian withdrawal. "

Why do we fool ourselves people? the ethios have vacated here or there will not make any difference. I actually think making the troops more mobile will make life harder for those dowladiids and terrorist instead of sitting in some factory in xamar. by the way, even if they were to leave, what are you people celebrating? a three way war between the government, "shababs" and the asmara groups? what on earth is are you expecting that makes it all this bloodshed "worth it", and you call warlords dhiigyacab.

Che, isn't Yusuf your adeer too? I thought that term was used for all people from puntland or are you a bostonian. Lost puntites always confuse me.

Xoogsade   

^ After Ethiopian departure, it is between somalis. They have matured and can bring resolution to their problems. It won't be without pumps on the road, but worth. There is nothing like freedom and good somalis are hell-bent on retaining it.

SXB, its all ways been between Somalis but what is this freedom you are expecting? freedom to kill each other? knowing all that the past two decades have thought us, what leads you to believe that Somalis are hell bent on keeping anything?

Xoogsade   

^ I have faith in all somalis and that they can achieve success over-night if they choose country over clan. They need the right leadership to guide them and show them the way. From south to north, from east to west, wherever a somali lived, they all congratulated a decent change when they saw one in Muqdisho back in 2006. The same will happen and somalis will again give their support and blessing if they see men they can work with. The key is the right leadership. A change is over due and if this withdrawal turns out to be real, it is a must. We need a government we can support who won't kill us simply because we are not interested to become a sixth column for Ethiopia.

the Faith you have in Somalis, xoogsade, is a blind one. We have nothing to go on but what you believe because Somalis have shown an ability to destroy more then biuld anything from the extrime of those in xamar who destroy for the sake of destroying and those in waqoye galbet who have managed rebiuld an airport in hargeisa. and what you say is at best a half truth. When those wadaads were courts in mogadishu cutting of the limbs of poor kids who stole to survive and telling children to stabb people to death, some of us objected. when they attacked the government and other administrations, Somalis in bay, bakool, hiiraan, puntland and jubba not only objected but took up arms. Second, this government did not "kill us" to make Somalia part of ethiopia but to defend itself and Somali's only chance of returning to statehood. need i remind you that a minister was fired for saying ethiopia and Somalia might have a common passport one day. all in all, if this is true, i have hunch its another stuped move by the prime minister like freeing those criminals that will come to bite him in the neck.

Fabregas   

quote:SXB, its all ways been between Somalis but what is this freedom you are expecting? freedom to kill each other?

So you want Ethiopians to stay or something? Please don't tell us their will be a power vaccum?

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Toure, the TFG is not gonna change and the old days of clan militias ruling Mogadishu/South are over.

Thanks to the ICU the warlords were chased out. I see the TFG boys and girls will try to put a brave face on as usual :D

Let hope it is true and things get better for all IA.