Sign in to follow this  
Qudhac

Debate Kenya Peace conference??

Qudhac   

I think its time we broaden the debate in this room, i think we are all getting tired of debating Somaliland issues day and night,

so i propose a change of subject and my subject of debate is the Somalia peace conference in kenya,

It has been clear to many people that the peace converance has stalled long time ago, and that the only reason the derailed bandwagon has been allowed to roll on for this long was face saving exercise by the Kenya government and other IGAD nations, after recieving millions of (over 10 millions) US dollers the kenyan government and IGAD did not want to be labeled as useless and utter failiers, so instead of putting their hands and admiting the huge problems, instead they kept telling lies to the world and kept receiving the money.

THE SITUATION NOW

The situation now has become one of utter confustion and disgrace, The war lords are stuck in quagmire of their own making as they argue over nothing as usual, The IGAD countries, the EU, the Arabs, and Somalis are going in merry go aroung of utter confusion and fabricated lies.

each delegate in kenya has a different opinion of where the conference is at, some people are still arguing about who is at the conference even thought ts been going on for nearly two years, some are arguing about a non-existing parliament. some are arguing about misterious documents that was signed, some have left, some new ones want to join, so now in kenya we have over 300 warlords and other unknown people who are all going in different direction, falling over each other.

MY PROPOSAL

1) Stop the so called peace conference immediately

I think its time this chasing shadows was stopped, this 300+ delegates made up of warlords and unkown shadowy individuals is a disgrace, it should be halted before anymore time is wasted, kenya should stop using somalis as begging bowl to get millions from EU and USA governments,

2) IGAD countries should not be allowed to mediate for somalis any longer.

for the last 14 years it has been them mediating for somali warlords, and time after time they have failled, they always get involved with the war lords and they take sides, which eventually kills any chance of getting cohesion withing somalis.

3) New small conference should be set up inside somalia.

This should be attended only by those warlords who control region in somalia, other warlords should not attend, elders and civil servants should also attend, there should no complicated documents signing procedures involved like constitution, there should be no parliament debate involved at this stage.

4) No "madaxweyne"

There should no longer be a one man president, but the confirence should try to set up a council of rulers made up of people that come through the initial confirence, This council of rulers should be headed by around 4 people.

BY setting up this council of rulers, it should unify the different warlords controlling different regions.

...and by unifying the warlords into this ruling council, their millitias should be united under the control of this ruling council.

If this council can get the country under its control, then eventually parliaments, prime minister and president could follow.

mojam   

"New small conference should be set up inside somalia."

I totally agree with this. Ethiopia, Kenya, and even jabuti should stay out of this completely.

Careful Qudhac, you might actually be seen as tryng to help Somalia. God forbid we don't want help for Somalia, because according to the masses here we hate other Somalis. We got what they call cuqdad. lol Rhymes with muqmad if you ask me, and yes I'd love some of that right now. :D:D

Gabbal   

Careful Qudhac, you might actually be seen as tryng to help Somalia

Right Spadez or he might have his "Somaliland" citizenship revoked for reasons of High Treason Against the State right? redface.gif;)

And isn't cuqdad the term "Landers" have constantly accused the Greater Somalia supporters of? :confused: We might be getting confused for a sec Spadez.

so Qudhac u agree with the anticipated conference in Jowhar sponsered by SRRC. so our problem will be solved soon. good idea sxb!

LANDER   

Qudhac,

Its is intriguing as to why you pre-occupy yourself so much with these matters. So the warlords have problems getting along, this is nothing new to any of us. But I notice a re-ocurring trend with your exhausting energy at fnding resolution to problems that are futle. Trying to solve the problems of other somalis will not make Somalilanders look any better or worst in their eyes. That being said there are many matters that require our attention and effort at home. I believe that the best way to influence and commmand respect is to lead by example. You want the feuding regions to see the light? show them how well Somaliland can be develloped without much external intervention. Show them what somalis can do whitout the aid of foreigners to solve their internal issues. One more suggestion, try not to oversimplify these matters because that is the same trap the Somaliweyn proponents always fall into. They desire a broad national government when regional stability hasn't been achieve and the warlords who hold these poor populations hostage haven't been tamed. You wish to unify these warlords that dream day and night for the destruction of Somaliland, be carefull the statements you make saxiib. Many of them wish for our demise and some of them even act out these wishes by sending terrorist elements in the real sense of the word into the country.

Qudhac   

lander

i am an individual who has opinion on many subjects so i dont see why you snapping at me for, i am not president of somaliland nor do i represent it officialy, just like everyone else i can have an opinion on any subject. i am not trying to solve any problem futile or not its a simple opinion saxiib. i think somaliland would be better of if somalia had working 1 working administration, as for your claim that am trying to unite warlords who hate somaliland, it maybe true some hate somaliland but that doesnt concern me alot as i know they are quite powerless to harm somaliland.

so lander if you look at the tittle its "debate on peace conference, am just sick tired of playing the endless little game of push and pull that most people have been stuck on these days.

Maskiinka iga koreeyo:

You were charged {thank God, you were spared from the usual invective insults from the usual suspects mob} by failing to apply unwritten rules of collective mentality thinking {read: you-must-always-support-your-qabiil-regardless-of-right-or-wrong-and-you-must-always-say-negative-things-about-other-Soomaalis-if-you-must-speak-about-them}.

That is one huge major step for you. Baraawo, sinyore. :cool:

And as for the topic, this editorial cartoon sums it up:

kartuun_shirka2.jpg

There goes another magnum opus by Aamiin Caamir again.

Macsalaama.

BN   

Salaam,

I am at a lose for words with regards to this peace conference. It seems these idiotic warlords are taking us in circles and changing their minds depending on which side of the bed the wake up on! One can hardly blame them; they receive pampering, lodging, daily banquets, etc.

If this conference does fail, then the only possible consideration should be a conference(or mini-conferences) within Somalia. This has worked in both the NW(1997) and NE(2003) Somalia and can/should seriously be considered in the central/south Somalia.

Furthermore, increased control/power(s) should be given to religious groups, civil society and tradition leaders; rather than warlords, would-be warlords, and politicians.

As for the 'council', there's already the SRRC, NSC, G8, and new National Organizing Council(Jowhar group). If these groups united, then 95% of the warlords will (hopefully) be at peace and stop fighting one-another. One person from each group(4) can chair this new 'council'; the TNG and other irrelevent groups should not be included(as the list would then grow immeasurably).

While this 'purposal' by Qudhac is hardly palatable, it does seems to be a more realistic, and immediate solution to the issues/problems facing Somalia today.

One must be able to crawl before attempting to walk or sprint. What we need is real and tangible peace/security in Somalia; before we can implement complex and debateable institutional as well as constitutional systems of governance.

Wasalaamu Alykum

Note: I fully support these current talks, however slow or flawed, and hope for an inclusive and representative government to be formed at its conclusion.

LANDER   

Qudhac,

Nobody is snapping at you, like you said you are intitled to your own opinions. You can come up with all the hypothesis you like on this topic, nobody is trying to silence you. That being said, when you post them on a public forum opinions are open to criticism. Your attempt to reach out to those who usually reject your opinions on unrelated matters is valiant, often in the exchange of ideas it is better to start off on common ground. However, your efforts come across as appeasement in my personnal opinion.

..... desire a broad national government when regional stability hasn't been achieve

sheikh yassin:

One must be able to crawl before attempting to walk or sprint. What we need is real and tangible peace/security in Somalia; before we can implement complex and debateable institutional as well as constitutional systems of governance.

At least one person agrees with me on that point

Qudhac   

lander

with all due respect you may be having some sort of never ending tit for tat battle with some individuals but to tell you the truth i dont really care am not gana spend every time i come on this site debating one issue. and as for appeasing, i am most certainly not appeasing anyone its all in your head mate so my friend i would kindly ask you not to jump to conclusion.

you can most certainly criticise what i wrote but dont criticise me for writing it, but rather critisice the material and tell me which point you dont agree with.

this was my take on the ill fated attemts to set up working government in somalia not part of this little game you and few others are playing, either agree with it or disagree with it but please never ever question my intention for writing my opinion, as i am not bounded to an individual nor group on this site.

Gabbal   

It seems as though some took it for granted you are from "Somaliland". They expected you to care about "Somaliland" and nowhere else where your brethren reside.

Gabbal   

^^^^Qudhac if there was tallying going on maybe, but anyways point well taken smile.gif

However that is not to say I rescind my earlier comment, it speaks of 100% truth. :cool: