Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland on verge of observer status in the Commonwealth

London (Qarannews) - Reliable sources have confirmed to the Geeska Afrika newspaper that Somaliland is on the verge of official observer status within the Commonwealth member nations.

According to these sources, there have been recent meetings between officials from the United Kingdom and representatives from Somaliland held in London to study the possibility of Somaliland's observer status at Commonwealth summit and meetings.

If Somaliland is successful in its aspiration for observer status, it will not have an official voice, but Somaliland is expected to benefit in terms of diplomatic and economic relations with Commonwealth member states.

In early 2008 members of the Somaliland parliament were invited to participate in Commonwealth parliamentarians meetings held in London, however, it is the first time that Somaliland will have been granted observer status at any official Commonwealth member summits or meetings.

There has been no comment from either the Somaliland government or the Commonwealth secretariat, but according to Geeska Afrika newspaper, informed sources have confirmed a motion to grant Somaliland observer status at Commonwealth meetings and summit will be proposed for consideration.

The Commonwealth member nations comprise of mainly English speaking countries with strong ties to the United Kingdom. Somaliland is a former British protectorate which became independent on the 26th of June, 1960.

London(Qarannews) -Dawladda Somaliland ayaa la sheegay in loo ogolaaday xubin goob-jooge inay ku yeelato ururka Barwaaqo Sooranka. Sidaas waxa Wargeyska Geeska Afrika u xaqiijiyay ilo xogogaala.

Warku waxa uu sheegay inay hawshan ka shaqeeyeen masuuliyiin ka tirsan dawladda Ingiriiska, oo dhawaan magaalada London kulamo kula yeeshay xubno ka tirsan xukuumadda Somaliland. Ilahan xogogaalka ahi waxa ay Geeska Afrika u sheegeen in la diyaariyay qorshihii ay Somaliland hab goob-jooge ugaga qayb geli lahayd shirarka iyo kulamada uu ururkaasi yeesho, waxaana hadda magaalada London laga sugayaa qoraalka rasmiga ah ee xaqiijinaya kursiga goob jooge ee Somaliland. Haddii ay Somaliland si rasmi ah ugu guulaysato jagadan goob jooge, ma jiro wax cod ah oo ay yeelanaysaa sida dalal kale oo ururka ku jira, waxase ay helaysaa faa'iido diblomasiyadeed iyo mid dhaqaale. Waxaana la filan karaa inuu noqon karo kadin muhiim ah oo ay Somaliland ka gasho mid ka mid ah kulamada lagu jaangooyo siyaasadaha iyo dhaqaalaha adduunka.

Xildhibaano ka tirsan golaha wakiilada Somaliland ayaa iyaguna horaantii sannadkii hore goob joogenimo ugaga qayb galay shir ay yeesheen baarlamaanada ururka Barwaaqo sooranku. Hase yeeshe markan ayaa noqonaya markii u horaysay ee xukuumadda Somaliland loo ogolaado goob joogenimada shir ay isugu iman doonaan madaxweynayaasha iyo raysalwasaarayaasha dalalka uu ka koobanyahay ururka Barwaaqo Sooranku. Saraakiil ka tirsan xukuumadda Somaliland oo aanu isku daynay inaanu arrintan wax ka weydiino ayaa ka gaabsaday, waxase ay qireen jiritaanka mawduucan.

Ururka Barwaaqo sooranka, ayaa waxa ku bahoobay dalalka ku hadla Luuqadda Ingiriisida ee u Ingiriisku gumaystay iyo weliba dalal kale oo iyaguna xubno ka ah, waana urur miisaan ku leh adduunka.

Originally posted by The Zack:

LOL Yo go to Jerusalem on the weekends? How nice!

Visit a synagogue there?

Off topic but that’s where I am during the weekends. I am staying here till 22 December.

Originally posted by The Zack:

LOL Yo go to Jerusalem on the weekends? How nice!

Visit a synagogue there?

There are mosques there to you know any how, I do have Jewish friends they invite me tot their shabat gathering now and then . Any how its all good the people are nice here

I do have Jewish friends they invite me tot their shabat gathering now and then .

Xaaji, so do you rock forward and back with them on the wailing wall, or do you ask them for recognition. :D