Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Time To Live in Djibouti

N.O.R.F   

Djib, to put it bluntly, Djabouti airport is a nightmare!

The people there dont give a damn about the passengers, are rude and very arrogant. As soon as it hits 12pm the men are nowhere to be seen as they are chewing, the seating area is cramped and when busy people stand for long periods of time. I will do everything to avoid that place in future IA.

Nehanda   

Xidigo and North, unless the route between Berbara and Burco was renovated recently, in 2003 that deeqad was burbur, unsafe and unconfortable to drive through.

Can't comment about jidka Dila for I have bno idea where that place is. Lakiin Saylac to Hargeisa was not so bad.

Yes ,, as xidigo said the jidka between Dila and Saylac has to be considered. It is a nightmare walee and a lot of stories happened coz of that road. :D

Ibtisam   

North I cannot believe you called them in good condition, I hit my head billion times, not to mention throwing up my lunch! it is bad,... but not as bad as teh flight!

Xidigo one step at the time dear. smile.gif

Ibtisam   

North I cannot believe you called them in good condition, I hit my head billion times, not to mention throwing up my lunch! it is bad,... but not as bad as teh flight!

Xidigo one step at the time dear. smile.gif

About the now privately managed airport, it is unacceptable that they treat people differently depending on wether they are boarding Air France Flights or regional carriers like Daallo Airlines, and it is about time complaints should be addressed to the concerned airlines headquarter, which pay the Airport, as well as the Airport senior management team (presumably, Dubai Port International, too, will be concerned about their commercial prestige as they manage Djibouti Airport, which was leased to them).

Also, I suggest to the numerous customers who complained to write to the General Secretariat of the Djiboutian Presidency : www.presidence.dj as well as this popular forum for educated Djiboutians: www.djibnet.com (they can write to the official media too: www.lanation.dj or, alternatively, forward me an article in French).

There is no doubt that the concerned authorities should immediately address this issue for their ambition to transform Djibouti into a regional hub, independent both from France and Ethiopia, to be credible...

Abu-Salman, are you saying Ethiopia plays a major role in Djibouti's national affairs?

No, of course. How could you allow your existential strategic threat into your own national affairs?

However the Port, railway and other projected investments rely heavily on regional customers (mainly Ethiopia until now).

PS: mitigating Ethiopian regional imperialism is one of our major headaches nevertheless...

Paragon   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

42-18713036.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B506646ee-

This is beautiful. Would love to visit DJ but my brothers who went there say its extremely humid. Naqaskaa kugu dhagaya - that was the phrase smile.gif . Naqaskoo igu dhagana xundhur igu dhagtay ama feer-yar baa ii dhaanta.