Sign in to follow this  
art

Range resources given the official go-ahead

art   

• GAROWE, Somalia July 12 (Garowe Online)

THE PUNTLAND Parliament formally ratified an exploration agreement on Wednesday presented by the Administration in a majority vote. The "Puntland Agreement" was signed in mid-2005 between the Puntland State government and Range Resources, Ltd., an Australian exploration company.

After 2 days of debate, 55 Puntland lawmakers out of a total of 66 ratified the "Agreement" – a day after President Mohamud "Adde" Muse addressed Parliament and informed them of changes to an article in the "Agreement." On Tuesday, President Adde told legislators that the "exclusive rights" article was removed from the original contract, which allows Puntland to be divided into "blocks" and that "other companies" are welcome to explore the region's rumored natural resources wealth.

Efforts to implement the "Puntland Agreement" were met with heavy resistance from local populations in the past, which prompted the Administration's change of policy in seeking parliamentary approval.

This is a good way forwad! The parliament approved the deal just before Abdullahi Yusuf is about to visit Puntland inshallaah,

Now Garoweonline.com won't have any legal bais to attack the deal anymore because legally speaking now, it has been approved and I hope, the rest of the outstanding issues will be approved soon aswell inshallaah!

What however frustrates me are those folks from Somalitalk.com, who talk out of their backsides again without real knowledge and on top of that twisting things!

The president spoke to the Parliament and told them, that Ethiopia has won an all exclusive right to import anything they want through Bosaso port and that they will be granted full and unlimited access to it!

He also outlined, that they've leased the port and airport of Bosaso to foreign companies, who will control them, through priavitisation! They will build other airports in Puntland and ports, which will they operate privately. The government leased it for 25years and parliament shall approve it soon aswell inshallaah.

But the morons at Somalitalk.com were saying, that the port and airport of the country have been leased to a Ethiopian company, which is just totally laughable but its propoganda because they're against the development of Puntland but inshallaah, they will not succeed as long as the president and cabinet make everything transparent and bring it before the parliament, even if it means, that the process of development will take longer. If it is the price we have to pay, then we're gladly happy to pay that price inshallaah.

I just wish the senseless propoganda of Somalitalk.com would cease.

art   

Miskiin, I cannot but help recall your words

And what you were looking, just the breaking news is in: The Buntilaan parliament cancelled its contract with Range Resources Ltd. Sad for you, I guess. Better find another 'investing' endeavour in Liberia or Sierra Leone

art   

Can someone give me a translation or a summary of the following text, especially the nine points listed.

http://www.garoweonline.com/2004pro/index.php?id=4331

• C/llahi Yusuf ma tegi doonaa PL ayadoo aan Baarlaamanka DFKMG ah ansixin xeerkii shiidaalka...

Waxaa Heshiiska bilow ah oo baarintaanka iyo soo saaritaanka macdanta iyo shidaalka uu dhex maray Dowlad Goboleedka Puntland iyo Shirkadda Consort/Range Resources , 30 bishii siddeedaad (Agoosto) ee sannadkii 2005, kuna dhex maray magaalada Dubai ee dalka imaaraadka Carabta:

1. In shirkadda Consort /Range Resources ay baarin macdaneed iyo shidaal ka fuliso dalka Puntland muddo Afar sano ah

2. in shirkadda Consort/Range Resources ay baaridda kaddib u gudubto soo saarista khaaraadka ka soo baxa baarista afarta sano, waxaana heshiiska baarista la gelayaa muddo afar bilood ku siman oo ka bilaabata maanta (July 12, 2006)

3. Dhulka waxaa loo qaybinayaa waaxyo (Blocks) iyadoo shirkadda Consort/Range Resources ay caddayn doonto waaxyaha (blocks) ay danayneyso si aan block-yada kale aysan ugu xayirmin

4. Heshiiska rasmiga ah ee wax qaybsiga waxaa la gelayaa markii la gaaro wax soo saarka

5. in shirkadda Consort/Range Resources ay gacan ka siiso DGPL meel marinta kaabayaasha dhaqaalaha iyo horumarinta arrimaha bulshada

6. Waxaa labada dhinac isla ogolaadeen in ay soo kasbaan shirkado kale oo wax ka fuliya hawlahaasi

7. In haddii uu khilaaf dhex maro DGPL iyo shirkadda Consort/Range Resources lagu xalliyo dhex dhexaadin sida uu qabo xeerka caalamiga ah ee Rugta Ganacsiga Caalamiga ah, goobta dhex dhexaadintuna waxa ay noqoneysaa magaalada Dubai ee dalka Imaaraadka Carabta

8. Haddii ay soo baxaan cillado heshiisku uu la socon waayo oo dhinac dalbado i uu heshiiska ka baxo waxa uu waqad qoraal ah lix bilood ka hor u soo gudbinayaa dhinaca kale inta aysan dhammaan mudada heshiisku.

9. Inta laga samaynayo sharciga macdanata iyo shidaalka oo heshiiska lagu wada yahay waxaa lagu dhaqmayaa kii dowladdii hore ee Soomaaliyeed

Qodobadaas waxa ay madaxda sare ee DGPL (Madaxweynaha iyo ku xigeenkiisu) ku macneeyeen heshiiska ay Puntland la gashay shirkadda consort/Range, laakiin laguma lifaaqin qoraalkii rasmiga ahaa ee muujinayey heshiiskii rasmiga ahaa ee lagu kala saxiixday Dubai iyo qoraalkii lagu soo dhisay shirkadda Consort oo ay xubno ka yihiin wasiirada dowladda Cadde.

Waxaa jira warar hoos ahaan looga helay ilo ku dhow dhow madaxtooyada DGPL, kuwaas oo sheegaya in markii uu dhacay iska hor imaadkii Majahan ee dadka degaanku ay kaga soo hor jeedeen in halkaas laga baaro macdan aan iyaga lala tashan,in warkii markii uu gaarey suuqa ganacsiga ee Australia (ASX) ay aad hoos ugu dheceen saamiyadii shidkadda Range Resources, isla markaas ayaa shirkadda Range waxa ay joojisey lacagtii ay siin jireen madaxda sare ee DGPL, waxana ay ku xujeeyeen Puntland in ay keento in heshiiskaas uu ansxiyo Baarlamaanku iyo in uu aqbalo madaxweynaha DFKMG, Cabdullaahi Yuusuf si sayladaha Australia loo tuso saxiixaan oo markaas saamiyada kor loogu soo saqo (habkaas oo adduunka looga yaqaan Market Manipulation), markaasna lacagtii dib loogu bilaabo Puntland, lacagtaas oo qaybteedii hore oo lagu qiyaasay 3 million oo doolar aysan ku dhicin khasnada dowladda .

Dhowaan ayaa la filayaa in madaxweynaha DFKMG uu arrintaas u tago Puntland, waxaanse la hubin in madaxweyne Cabdullahi Yuusuf uu tegi doono Puntland ayadoo aan weli baarlamaanka DFKMG la hor geyn xeerkii khayraadka Soomaaliya ee magaalada Malidi lagu soo agaasimey ee ra'iisul wasaaraha lagu wareejiyey June 12, 2006.

Sidoo kale lama oga in madaxweyne Cabdullaahi Yuusuf marka uu tago Puntland uu wax ka dhehi doono Qoraalkii ay Isniin June 12, 2006 soo saartay "Northbridge Services Group" (NSG) oo ahaa in dowladda Federaalka Kumeelgaarka ee Soomaaliya (DFKMG) ay NSG u ansixisay lahaanshaha gebi ahaanba xuquuqda bixinta heshiisyada shidaalka Soomaaliya. (AKHIR: "NSG" Waa Shirkad Caynkee ah).

Isla markii (July 12, 2006) baarlamaanka Puntland uu ansixiyey qodoba sagaalka ah ee kor ku xusan waxa ay shirkadda Range Resources qoraal u dirtay suuqa ganacsiga ee Australia, qoraalkaas waxa ay isla markiiba ku cadeeyeen in dhulka ay baarayaan shirkadaasi uu yahay 100,000 square km, iyo qodobo kale. Waxa kale oo ay halkaas kusoo bandhigeen sawiro ay lahayd shirkada Conoco lagana qaaday Dooxada Nugaal. Qoraalkaas Ka eeg halkan ama Halkan ka eeg... (pdf)

Originally posted by art:

Miskiin, I cannot but help recall your words

quote:

And what you were looking, just the breaking news is in: The Buntilaan parliament cancelled its contract with Range Resources Ltd. Sad for you, I guess. Better find another 'investing' endeavour in Liberia or Sierra Leone

That was intended as a joke, art. I should have thought otherwise, I guess.

I am still insisting you won't get that much from this venture in Buntilaan, regardless what its state parliament approves, as long as Soomaaliya is as divided and as chaos as it is now.

Soomaalis already had enough with terrible results of human misery as a result of its clan resources, I don't want another prolonged internal wars on disputed natural resources.

^^^MMA. There is no dispute in Puntland, we have a number of confused folks like Paragon parroting some silly individuals.

Puntland should wait for no one as is the law of time,,,

art   

Miskiin, our guess because of our cultures apart I did not understand it as a joke, however, thank you for pointing the comments out to me.

I believe you are incorrect about ranges prospects in puntland. They have received parliamentary ratification. I believe that the state of puntland, unlike the rest of somalia has a more unified, stable and progressive government which present itself as an example for the rest of somalia. The area I believe is peaceful. Puntland will lead the way for somalia and will prosper, not just because of range, but because of it's foresight.

Range has made tremendous inroads into it's projects with the appointment of a very well regarded and respected chairman, Sir Sam Jonas, and it's take over of consort. Once explorations and production commence Puntland will be rewarded.

Paragon   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^MMA. There is no dispute in Puntland, we have a number of confused folks like Paragon parroting some silly individuals.

Puntland should wait for no one as is the law of time,,,

:D Duke, duke, duke. You think I am 'parroting' and 'silly'? Well, according to you maybe. But my friend as my observations have been from the start, you and your Cade president might want to rethink your stances. That is, if you think I am silly and I am misguiding, let Cade Muse even try to set foot in another clan's land and take its resources. I hope Cade Muse confines himself to Nugaal or other Puntland friendly areas like Garowe or even Nuugaal valley.

Art,

For profit's sake, next time I hope you rethink where you put your nest-egg. In clan mentality, one clan's so-called parliament and its ratification of decisions over what is another clan's land is a sign of disdain and invitation for conflict. Puntland parliament's ratifications means jack in current Somalia's case. There isn't an Ausie, Yankee or Brit institutionalization procedures operating on the ground, it is dog eat dog that reigns supreme.

art   

Paragon,in 6-12 months time we shall see

There isn't an Ausie, Yankee or Brit institutionalization procedures operating on the ground, it is dog eat dog that reigns supreme

Paragon lives in another dimension, he knows nothing about Puntland or the range deal.

Like Art post highlights the parliment has approved it and therefore it goes ahead.

Also since range is a western company they must have more info than the isolated individuals, like Paragon who hate progress and defend the indivensable [indacade].

art   

i'm sure Paragon, being an expatriat, lives in a life of relative luxury unlike his brethren in Somalia. Range will share their rewards with the local people, one wonders how much Paragon contributes to the betterment of his mother country.

i'm sure Paragon, being an expatriat, lives in a life of relative luxury unlike his brethren in Somalia. Range will share their rewards with the local people, one wonders how much Paragon contributes to the betterment of his mother country.

I wonder indeed,

Paragon   

^^^ Duke, I know like your uncles (Cade and Yey) that you will sell your soul to the next heathen you see. Art, a capitalist blinded by disregardful profiteering (who has bought shares in the spilling of blood between peoples who have never fought each other prior to range resources meddlings) comes to this forum and there you are aligning yourself to him. C'mon Duke, I know you can do better than call me names and judge me as you imagine me to be. Art is driven by greed and any man driven by greed will use everything else as means to an end. What he and range resources are using as means to an end is not his very personhood, family or community, but my and your people. The welfare of our peoples is in danger and right now to speak against the ills profit driven venture capitalist is the least I can do for my people. You think I am living in luxury somewhere in the West? :D You are misinformed souls using that sort of lame excuse to dismiss me. Do you want me to shut up about all the wrongs done to my people because I happen to live in the West? Or as Art would want to convince me that his greed driven profiteering is going to do any good for my people except blunge them into deeper troubles? This must be a joke. The worst thing is Duke, you have an inherent genetic disposition and a great potential to be come a subserviant poddle for the next person that comes around- and unfortunately everything or everyone you so far worshiped has become a failure.

As I write this there are planned clannist meeting in Buraan (of the sub-clan of Majiyahan) and other general meeting in London , Minesota and the UAE. These meeting are a consequence of Cade's ratification of range resources' deal to exploit their clan's land and the aims of their meetings are far from friendly to Cade. There seem to be a sense of defiance in the air when it comes to this issue. How then do you expect range resources to secure the rights it needs to exploit these lands if the inhabitants do not wish it? Duke, are you trying to tell me that Cade's militias, while pretending to be the state of Puntland police, would supress that clan's protestations by force? If that is so, then, expect a clan war and the end of Puntland.

art,

I do alot for my country and the thing I shall do next, God willing, is to rid my country off greedy folks like you. Ma garatay?