Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Peace caravan v1.3: absorbing alshabaab peacefully in Sharif’s Somalia.

Abtigiis   

I am livid with this so called Sheikh. War ileen noocanina wuu ii danbeeyey. What was that thing about shaking hands with Meles like nothing happened before. Ok, let us say it is politics. What was the yelling about Eritrea? could he have not done it in Djibouti.

War dadka Somaliya ku nool maxaa ani idaba wada. I am feeling ashamed as a somali. Walaahi inaan Ethiopian noqdaa malaha la qaataa????????Noocya badana. Pathetic.

Sheikh Hotel is sounding more like a new Yey with his actions. I now wonder why I hated my uncle Abdullahi Yususf so much? I have to go to Yemen and apologise. I mean at least the old man is not a pretender.

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

I am livid with this so called Sheikh. War ileen noocanina wuu ii danbeeyey. What was that thing about shaking hands with Meles like nothing happened before. Ok, let us say it is politics. What was the yelling about Eritrea? could he have not done it in Djibouti.

War dadka Somaliya ku nool maxaa ani idaba wada. I am feeling ashamed as a somali. Walaahi inaan Ethiopian noqdaa malaha la qaataa????????Noocya badana. Pathetic.

Sheikh Hotel is sounding more like a new Yey with his actions. I now wonder why I hated my uncle Abdullahi Yususf so much? I have to go to Yemen and apologise. I mean at least the old man is not a pretender.

يغوس البحر من طلب اللؤالي

ومن طلب العلي سهر اليالي

Yours are vengeance pulses adeer.

You are not keeping your eye on the ball. You are more concerned with mere gestures and tactical appeasements instead of evaluating where Somalia is today. At the end of the day, Sharif will be successful not because he took Zenawi’s hand or refused to shake it for that matter. Instead his success will depend on how he engages with his political opponents at home.

Keep your eyes on the ball waryee.

C/raxmaan: Ciidan shisheeye ma dalban

Shalay waxaaan sii deynay in mas'uul ka tirsan wasaaradda arrimaha dibedda ee Ethiopia, uu u sheegay BBC in madaxweynaha cusub ee Somalia uu ka codsaday caalamka inay taageero militeri ka siiyaan sidii looga hortagi lahaa kooxo uu ku tilmaamay xag jir oo diidan qorshaha nabadda.

Hase yeeshee Cabdiraxmaan Cabdishakuur Warsame oo ahaa madaxii hore ee heshiiski Djibouti u qaabilsanaa Isbahaysiga Dib u xoreynta, haatana ka mid ah wafdiga Madaxweynaha ee magaalada Addis Ababa ayaa waxa uu beeniyay in Madaxweynaha cusub uu dalbaday ciidamo shisheey.

Cabdiraxmaan waxa uu sheegay inuu ka mid ahaa dadkii wax ka qoray khudbadda Madaxweynaha, isla markaana uu goob joog ka ahaa markii uu shirka Midowga Africa ka jeedinayay, oo aanay marnaba ku jirin ciidamo shisheeye.

Waxa uu sheegay inay tahay arrin lagu doonayo in lagu carqaladeeyo hannaanka nabadda, isla markaana lagu sumcad dilayo Madaxweynaha cusub.

BBC.com

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

1- Recognize Alshabaab for the sacrifices they made to resist and liberate Somali lands.

2- Implement a transparent confidence building measures before engaging alshabaabs

3- Adopt a strategy of gradual integration, instead of quick assimilation of alshabaab forces into the national security.

4- Resist the temptation of using terror labels to demonize alshabaab in seeking support from outside world.

5- Allow a grace period for genuine reconciliation to take place.

Xiin widaayow .. of all your caravan topics ... midaan baa ugu macquulsan .. balse su'aashu waxay tahay .. inta qodob aad taxday sheekhia hadii ka soo bixi waayo ka waran ?

I sincerely want to give the president the benefit of the doubt .. lakin ilaa hada wax fiican igama muqdaan.

N.O.R.F   

You are not keeping your eye on the ball. You are more concerned with mere gestures and tactical appeasements instead of evaluating where Somalia is today. At the end of the day, Sharif will be successful not because he took Zenawi’s hand or refused to shake it for that matter. Instead his success will depend on how he engages with his political opponents at home.

I hope our political goons read this. They have been from pillar to post this week focusing on issues that are trivial in the grand scheme of things. FOCUS ya jamaaca!

^^Norf, NG is leading that charge these days. Maxaam ku laalushnaa ninkan :D ?

Geeljire,

waa la kheyraa bro. If the good sheekh deviates from the road of reconciliation we will call out on him. Needless to say his efforts will fail if he attempts inuu muquunin ku dayyo where dialogue is needed.

N.O.R.F   

^Ng was looking forward to writing about the collapse of the caravan. The caravan has now passed through the tunnel unscathed and he now finds himself having to wait for a while longer. Bummer! :D

Coloow   

Khayr lol@sheikh hotel. Good one!

Xiin, welcome back. I thought you accompanied "president hotel" to Adis smile.gif

The bottom line, it does not matter whether Sheikh Sharif is selected the president of somalia, whether he becomes a globetrotter (war heedhe, why do the shariif's love traveling? Shariif Xasan was everywhere!)or whether he has a good record.

What matters for many is the return of peace in southern somalia.

There is an unprecedented euphoria surrounding his selection (SOL's sage, A&T has even endorsed him) but my guess is that the manner of his selection and how things are today on the ground in somalia witness of one thing; a bad copy of doofareey).

Sheikh shariif will be/has been seduced by the urge to have power; this is the key to somalia's problems. Instead of sending a clear message that his adminstration will be different, this hotel jiif commenced his presidency by thanking the warlords who selected him ( I lost respect when he said "walaalahayaal" bloody hell! He should have sent a clear message; thugs your time is up!

On a more practical level southern somalia appears to be peaceful compared to what it has been the last few years; From Buulo Xaawo to the shores of Banaadir; from Raas kambooni to ceeldheere.

It was not sheikh shariif who ensured the return of peace; other people did it; call them islamists, al-shabaab- al kebab, religious entrepreneurs, ahlu jini wa jan but there is an air of peace in the air. Baydhabo janaay iyo nawaaxigeeda (the no go area the last years appears to have witnessed peace)..

Where does President hotel come into this picture?

Oorta dhaanka ahayd (peace cravan seeking momentum) markaay la soo dhaamiyey oo aay ku noqotay reerkii aay dhaanka u sidey, waxaay la kulmeen roob da'ay; biyihii aay sideen waa dhanaan oo dadkii oomanayaa waxaay cabeen xareed.

Laakin soomalidda waxaay ku maahmaahdaa kaadi badne waa loo gogol badshaa; marka bal aan sugno isbuuc kale

Emperor   

^I agree with you yaa Sophist, not only 3 months but the entire 2 year term of his leadership. We should judge and evaluate his performance after that. I can't stand the silly rushed in accusations of some poeple such as 'he asked for freign troops' or 'met Zenawi' or 'went to Adis', nonsese.

This man, I mean Shariif Ahmed was voted for and elected to the lead the nation, lets give him the chance to do that and not tell him what to do or not to do, basically support in making his own decisions and trust his judgement.

Warranle, I dont get you any more brother. I think you just like to oppose things.

Originally posted by Khayr:

^^^^

Xiin,

You are starting to remind of General Duke with your blinding love for Sh. Hotel.

Love is a strong word. But I support the man.

What is blind about suggesting some pertinent points for peaceful conclusion of Somali tragedy?

Never mind that question for you have never been the intellectual type. Just tell us who you support and why? Or tell us if you will why do you think Sharif and Jabbuuti process that produced him is not worthy of our support?

Sophist; good to see you, brother. Emperor too.

Sophist   

Good to see you too my dear fellow.

Some of the arguments advanced by those who oppose the president are based on not considered thoughts but rather fallacious reasoning which only slap on the face can convince advance them otherwise- metaphysical rather physical slap that it.

Give the Sharif a chance chaps.