Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Jibriil Ali Salad's rejoinder to the governor of Somaliland

NASSIR   

This is Jibril Salad, the president of Makhir, in response to Dahir Riyale Kahin's bigoted views on the people of Sanaag and Western Bari, recently aired on VOA/Somali.

I follow closely the news, cultural and educational programming of the VOA both english and Somali chiefly for its reliability. I was specifically glad to read its recent Press Release on the additional VOA/Somali programming, which said, "additional programming will give Somalis from all walks of life enhanced opportunities to discuss and debate the future of their nation." In fact, this is what I had in mind until yesterday when VOA/Somali section gave exclusive coverage to the leader of "Somaliland", Mr. Dahir Riyale Kahin who made unsubstantiated claim over the regions of Maakhir (Sanaag and western Bari, ). Despite having no authority in the region, Mr Kahin was afforded a biased coverage and in total disregard of the views of the people of Maakhir. Unfortunately, Somalis are a clan based society and VOA/Somalia is used as discriminatory platform by narrow-minded individuals. Though Somalis are deeply divided on the question of secession, to give air to an unchallenged bigoted views seems to be the suppression for the freedom of expression.

Listen to the Interview of Jibril Ali Salad

LINK

Madaxweynaha Maakhir State Col. Jibriil Cali Salaad oo jawaab ka bixiyey Hadalkii Daahir Riyaale ee uu ka jeediyey idaacada VOA da.

Badhan: -Shir saxaafadeed uu Madaxweynaha maamulka Maakhir State Col. Jibriil Cali Salaad uu ka jeediyey xarunta aqalka baarlamaanka hortiisa, ayaa ugu horeyntii wuxuu ka waramay shirar halkaasi uga socday baarlamaanka iyo waxay ku saabsanaayeen. Kadib ayaa waxaa la weydiiyey Madaxweynaha sheegashada Daahir Riyaale uu sheegay gobolka iyo fikrada uu ka qabo.

badhannew.jpg

More Pics on Maakhir State

Jibriil was one of the UDUB candidates for the 2005/06 parliamentary elections ( Number 209 from the candidates list). He was competing for the non-contested 3 seats that were allocated for the Eastern Sanaag clan.

Many believe the reason why Jibriil fell out with UDUB was because UDUB named Mrs Baar Saeed (number 203 on the list) to represent Jibriil's electorate. Mrs Baar Saeed is said to be a highly educated lady from Dhahar and draws bigger support from Eastern Sanaag folks. One of the reasons why Jibriil created Maakhirland state was to show UDUB that he is no someone that can be dumbed down that easily.

Since we know the nature of some folks, I am wondering, Caamirow, Hadii Daahir Riyaale jago u magacaabo Jibriil Hargeisa ma iska xaadirin lahaa?

Som@li   

Thanks Caamir, nice and well timed interview from HE president Jibrill.

If he worked for Somaliland is beside the point, he is chosen to lead Maakhir, and he has a right to do so ,like any other Maakhir citizen.

Hunguri   

Caamir smile.gif , you deserve a gold medal. I am admired the picture of Badhan. I can clearly see the house, where I was born. Jacaylbro, Jibriil maxaad isu tihiin ;) ???

Waan joognaa Dhahar kulahaa, did Riyaale forgot the fiasco where he fired and humilated his Defense Minister?

The people of Sanage Bari should watch out for the trouble coming from Hargeysa.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Hunguri:

Caamir
smile.gif
, you deserve a gold medal. I am admired the picture of Badhan. I can clearly see the house, where I was born. Jacaylbro, Jibriil maxaad isu tihiin
;)
???

Saxib, IA, Badhan will be a great metropolitan city once its people scattered all over the world come back to their home towns and rebuild Maakhir state. The future is bright.