Sign in to follow this  
bint abee saeed

Shirk is NOT limited to Idols and Includes seeking intercession through others

http://www.thenoblequran.com/sps/nbq/

Shirk Is Not Limited to Idols And Includes Seeking Intercession Through Prophets, Angels, Jinns, and the Righteous

[7 entries]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schema Notes

Refutation of the Mushriks who seek Intercession and nearness to Allaah by the Righteous dead, and who claim that Shirk is only embodied in invoking idols and stones and trees. The verses refer to worship of the Prophets, Angels, Jinn, the righteous dead, and they also allude to the worship of the dead with the use of idols as the focal point, the idols being used to represent those righteous dead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View List - View Text - View Arabic - View Text & Arabic For All - Arabic Printer Friendly

Az-Zumar (39):3 [ibn Katheer | Tabari | Qurtubi] Arabic

Surely, the religion (i.e. the worship and the obedience) is for Allâh only. And those who take Auliyâ' (protectors and helpers) besides Him (say): "We worship them only that they may bring us near to Allâh." Verily, Allâh will judge between them concerning that wherein they differ. Truly, Allâh guides not him who is a liar, and a disbeliever.

Yunus (10):18 [ibn Katheer | Tabari | Qurtubi] Arabic

And they worship besides Allâh things that hurt them not, nor profit them, and they say: "These are our intercessors with Allâh." Say: "Do you inform Allâh of that which He knows not in the heavens and on the earth?" Glorified and Exalted be He above all that which they associate as partners with Him!

Al-Ma'idah (5):116 [ibn Katheer | Tabari | Qurtubi] Arabic

And (remember) when Allâh will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: 'Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allâh?' " He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner­self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All­Knower of all that is hidden and unseen.

Saba' (34):40-41 Arabic

And (remember) the Day when He will gather them all together, and then will say to the angels: "Was it you that these people used to worship?" 40 They (angels) will say: "Glorified be You! You are our Walî (Lord) instead of them. Nay, but they used to worship the jinns; most of them were believers in them." 41

Al-Isra (17):57 [ibn Katheer | Tabari | Qurtubi] Arabic

Those whom they call upon [like 'Iesa (Jesus) ­ son of Maryam (Mary), 'Uzair (Ezra), angel, etc.] desire (for themselves) means of access to their Lord (Allâh), as to which of them should be the nearest and they ['Iesa (Jesus), 'Uzair (Ezra), angels, etc.] hope for His Mercy and fear His Torment. Verily, the Torment of your Lord is something to be afraid of!

Ash-Shu'ara (26):69-73 Arabic

And recite to them the story of Ibrâhim (Abraham). 69 When he said to his father and his people: "What do you worship?" 70 They said: "We worship idols, and to them we are ever devoted." 71 He said: "Do they hear you, when you call (on them)? 72 "Or do they benefit you or do they harm (you)?" 73

Fatir (35):14 [ibn Katheer | Tabari | Qurtubi] Arabic

If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call, and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your worshipping them. And none can inform you (O Muhammad SAW) like Him Who is the All­Knower (of each and everything)[].

On occasions you hear from those of old age, men and women, that they say at the time of fear, or fear for the children and whatever resembles that (of times of distress and anxiety) - one of them says (at such a time), "Muhammad" and "`Alee".

This is from calling upon other than Allaah, and seeking aid from other than Him. This expression involves Shirk and it is not permissible to say it, or for the tongue to become accustomed to it. And whoever said it, seeking refuge by way of the name of the Prophet (sallAllaahu `alayhi wa sallam), or by way of the name of `Alee (radiyAllaahu `anhu), then he has committed associate partners (with Allaah) with the Major Shirk that expels from the religion. And with Allaah lies success.

Shaykh Ahmad bin Yahyaa an-Najmee

Fath Rabbil-Wadood Fil-Fataawaa war-Rasaa'il war-Rudood 1/99, no. 45

Translated by Abu `Iyaad Amjad Rafiq

Viking   

bint abee saed,

Could you please explain what the following verses from the Qur'an are referring to...

"No intercessor (can plead with Him) except after His leave (hath been obtained)." (10:3)

"Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His permission?" (2:255)

"On that Day, no intercession shall avail, except the one from whom Allah the Most Gracious has given permission and whose word is acceptable to Him." (20:109)

"And they cannot intercede, except for him with whom He is pleased." (21:28)

"None shall have the power of intercession except such a one as has received permission or a promise from Allah the Most Gracious." (19:87)

"Intercession with Him profits not except for he whom He permits." (34:23)

sure viking, its simple. on the day of judgement Allaah will grant permission to the prophet to interceed. so the verses are refering to the day of judgement, hence "that day..." the verses themselves dont say Allaah grants permission to those alive to ask the righteous dead to grant them their needs. if that was the case it would contradict the other verses prohibiting shirk, and in Allaah's book there are no contradictions since it came from one All Wise. inshallah these aahaadeeth will clarify things for you bi-ithnillah. barakallahu feek.

also it may help to read the tafsir of these ayaats and see how it was explained by the companions.

No. 4151 - Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "On the Day of Resurrection the Believers will assemble and say, 'Let us ask somebody to intercede for us with our Lord.' So they will go to Adam and say, 'You are the father of all the people, and Allah created you with His Own Hands, and ordered the angels to prostrate to you, and taught you the names of all things; so please intercede for us with your Lord, so that He may relieve us from this place of ours.' Adam will say, 'I am not fit for this (i.e. intercession for you).' Then Adam will remember his sin and feel ashamed thereof. He will say, 'Go to Noah, for he was the first Apostle, Allah sent to the inhabitants of the earth.' They will go to him and Noah will say,

'I am not fit for this undertaking.' He will remember his appeal to his Lord to do what he had no knowledge of, then he will feel ashamed thereof and will say, 'Go to the Khalil--r-Rahman (i.e. Abraham).' They will go to him and he will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking. Go to Moses, the slave to whom Allah spoke (directly) and gave him the Torah .' So they will go to him and he will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking.' and he will mention (his) killing a person who was not a killer, and so he will feel ashamed thereof before his Lord, and he will say, 'Go to Jesus, Allah's Slave, His Apostle and Allah's Word and a Spirit coming from Him. Jesus will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking, go to Muhammad the Slave of Allah whose past and future sins were forgiven by Allah.' So they will come to me and I will proceed till I will ask my Lord's Permission and I will be given permission. When I see my Lord, I will fall down in Prostration and He will let me remain in that state as long as He wishes and then I will be addressed.' (Muhammad!) Raise your head. Ask, and your request will be granted; say, and your saying will be listened to; intercede, and your intercession will be accepted.' I will raise my head and praise Allah with a saying (i.e. invocation) He will teach me, and then I will intercede. He will fix a limit for me (to intercede for) whom I will admit into Paradise. Then I will come back again to Allah, and when I see my Lord, the same thing will happen to me. And then I will intercede and Allah will fix a limit for me to intercede whom I will let into Paradise, then I will come back for the third time; and then I will come back for the fourth time, and will say, 'None remains in Hell but those whom the Quran has imprisoned (in Hell) and who have been destined to an eternal stay in Hell.' " (The compiler) Abu 'Abdullah said: 'But those whom the Qur'an has imprisoned in Hell,' refers to the Statement of Allah:

"They will dwell therein forever." (16.29)

كتاب التÙسير (Sahih Bukhari, The Book of Exegesis of the Quraan)

Narrated Abu Hurairah

I said: "O Allah's Apostle! Who will be the luckiest person, who will gain your intercession on the Day of Resurrection?" Allah's Apostle said: O Abu Huraira! "I have thought that none will ask me about it before you as I know your longing for the (learning of) Hadiths. The luckiest person who will have my intercession on the Day of Resurrection will be the one who said sincerely from the bottom of his heart "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah."

[sahih bukhari, the book of knowledge, no.99]

Narrated ibn Umar:

On the Day of Resurrection the people will fall on their knees and every nation will follow their prophet and they will say, "O so-and-so! Intercede (for us with Allah), "till (the right) intercession is given to the Prophet (Muhammad) and that will be the day when Allah will raise him into a station of praise and glory (i.e. Al-Maqam -al-Mahmud). [The Book of Exegesis of the Quran no.4390]

The Prophet on grave worshiping

In the Sahih (Al-Bukhari) 'Aisha radiyallahu 'an reported: Umm Salamah mentioned to Allaah's Messenger salallaahu 'alayhi was salaam that in Abyssinia she saw a church full of pictures and statues. He (salallaahu 'alayhi was salaam) said: "When a righteous man or pious worshipper among them dies they build a place of worship over his grave and set up all kinds of pictures and statues. They are the worst of all creatures before Allaah. They combine the two evils; worshipping to the graves and making graven images and statues."

Also in Al-Bukhari and Muslim it is reported that 'Aishah (radiyallahu 'an) narrated: When the death approached Allaah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi was sallam) he began to draw a peice of cloth (bed sheet) over his face (sometimes covering and sometimes removing because of distress), he (salallahu 'alayhi was sallam) said in this state:"Allaah's curse be upon the Jews and the Christians for taking the graves of their Prophets as places of worship." Had there not been any fear of making the Prophet's grave a place of worship, his grave would have been as open as the grave of his companions (radiyallahu 'an)

Muslim reported from jundub bin 'abdullah (radiyallahu 'an) who narrated: I heard the Prophet say only five days before his death: "I am free and clear towards Allaah of having any of you as my Khalil (specially close friend). Verily, Allaah has taken me as His Khalil just as He had taken Ibrahim alayhis salam as a Khalil. If i would have taken anyone from my Ummah as a Khalil, I would have taken Abu Bakr (radiyallahu 'an) as a Khalil. Beware! Those who preceded before you, used to make their prophets' graves into places of worship. Beware! Don't take (any) graves as places of worship. I forbid you to do so."

Viking   

bint abee saeed,

It isn't only on "that day" as you put it. There are examples in the Qur'an where people ask for intercession from righteous people who are alive; look at these two verses...

"We sent not an apostle, but to be obeyed, in accordance with the will of Allah. If they had only, when they were unjust to themselves, come unto thee and asked Allah's forgiveness, and the Messenger had asked forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah indeed Oft-returning, Most Merciful." (Nisa'a 4:64)

Another example is found in Sura Yusuf...

They said: "O our father! ask for us forgiveness for our sins, for we were truly at fault." He said: "Soon will I ask my Lord for forgiveness for you: for he is indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Yusuf 97-98)

bilan   

isn't it permissible to ask someone who is alive and that you believe they are more religious than you to pray for you? such as uways from yemen whom even omar (ra) asked him to ask forgiveness for him.

OG_Girl   

^^ :D

Not only that even Omar asked Abbas to pray to Allah for rain, why Omar himself did not ask for Allah!! Does this mean Allah is 'deaf' to some and hears others? wa eyadu beliah.That recorded in their Sahihs.Also I don't want to repeat what Viking already said.

I deleted my long list and references just did not want to sound a typical Shia. Since I want to be an objective. If they go nasty with me and call me Kafir that may stop me from learning,and hate them redface.gif I don't want that to happen . But if anyone insists I got all the references from Sunna books right here on my shelves :cool:

It's ALL down to one's INTENTIONS.

Salam

assalaamu 'alaykum

i would like to request that the moderators or admin drop this thread. and i ask that no one replies to it, whether you are for or against.

the issue at hand in itself is not clear anymore for there to even be a for and against. the hadeeth og girl gave and the ayat viking gave are correct, and therefore cannot contradict the texts i gave. however, the scholars have explained them, but i do not know the explanation. so i am not denying them, rather i accept them with full acceptance since they are authentic. its not correct to reject authentic text just because you do not know the meaning, and its even worse to explain it according to our limited intellect. but we (ahlul sunnah) rely on the explanation of the first 3 generations. we're upon what they are upon inshallah.

anyway, i do not want to begin a debate about aqeedah like what has happened in other threads. it may lead to people speaking about Allaah without knowledge and posting texts out of context. so i do not want to open the door to that and thus be held accountable. May Allaah forgive me for involving myself in those threads. ameen.

so inshallah, i would appreciate it if no one replies to this tread anymore. jazakumuallaahu khairun. May Allaah forgive me and you(plural), ameen.

p.s. if you need to reply to me, then inshallah you can pm me.

OG_Girl   

^^ I'm really glad some one being fair here. Cause calling people Mushrkeen isn't some thing easy. No one knows what people's hearts.

Hope next time you will be very careful what you coping and pasting. Just do little search of your own.

I really thank you for your braveness.

Allah yahdy aljamee3.

Salam

S.O.S   

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Brothers and sisters,

Allah says:

“All the other beings, whom the people invoke with Allah, create nothing! Nay, they are themselves created! They are DEAD, not living, and they do not at all know themselves when they shall again be raised to life!†(suuratul-Naxl 20-21)

“Note it well that all the dwellers of the heavens and the earth belong to Allah. And those who invoke others besides Allah, follow nothing but surmises and merely indulge in guess-works!†(suurstul-Yuunus 66)

“He merges night into day, and day into night, and he has subjected the Sun and the Moon (to His Law); each one runs its course for an appointed term. Such is Allah, your Lord! To Him belongs all Dominion. Those whom you invoke besides Him, do not own even a blade of grass! If you call them, they cannot hear your prayers! And if they hear, they cannot answer you! And on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your ‘shirk’. None can inform you of the Truth, like the One Who is acquainted with all things.†(suuratul-Faatir 13-14)

“Prophet, say to them, "Have you ever seen them with open eyes those whom you invoke instead of Allah? Show me what they have created in the earth? Or have they any share in the creation and control of the heavens? Bring me a Book revealed before this, or produce some remnant of knowledge in support of your beliefs if you are truthful." And who could be further astray than the one who invokes, instead of Allah, those who cannot answer him till the Day of Resurrection. Nay, they are even UNAWARE THAT THEY ARE BEING INVOKED. And when all mankind shall be gathered together (on the Day of Qiyamah), they (the so called leaders and intercessors) will become enemies of those who invoked them and they will DISOWN THEIR WORSHIP!†(suuratul-Axqaaf 4-6)

There are different categories of intecession (where of which, the position of the Qur'aan and Sunnah are clear about), but the one that causes most difficulties in conceptualising is the intercession of the living creation (also known as tawassul), especially if one is ignorant of the Qur’aan and the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him).

Allah first orders us:

“O ye who believe! Do your duty to Allah, seek the means of approach unto Him (wasila), and strive with might and main in His cause: that ye may prosper.†(suuratul-Maaída 35). (This wasila is understood t be all actions that brings you nearer to Allah)

Then He (Allah) ensures us:

“And if My servants ask you, O Prophet, concerning Me, tell them that I am quite near to them. I hear and answer the prayer of the suppliant, when he calls on Me. So let them respond to My call and believe in Me. (Convey this to them), perhaps they may be guided aright!†(suuratu-Baqarah 186)

And finally He (Allah) promises us:

“It was a binding upon Us that the believers be helped†(suuratur-Ruum 47)

From the above verses, it can be understood that Allah gave a right/guarantee to His slaves that He made binding to Himself. This is in terminological sense a contract, and can best be understood from the words of our beloved prophet, when he said: “It is His right upon them that they worship Him and associate nothing with Him, and It is their right upon Him that He should not punish them.â€

Therefore, it is with Allah’s permission and guarantee that someone is able to ask Allah for help, even to ask for others for their forgiveness whether they ask you to or not, but these are confined to making “ducaaâ€. As Viking also quoted above some verses from the Qur’aan and there are more, It was the most obvious thing to do for Messengers (whether asked or not). But the problem is when dealing with those who are ignorant of the Qur’aan and Sunnah, who, with an unjustified intentions and under false pretexts violate the contractual agreement with Allah, hence engaging themselves in shirk, thus voiding the contract.

Allah, Most High did warn us by saying:

“Call unto your Lord, humbly and secretly. He does not approve of those who cross the bounds.†(suuratul- Acraaf 55)

We know the harsh consequents of transgressing the bounds, because Allah informed us that:

“So worship Allah Alone, making your religion His exclusively. Beware! Religion is the exclusive Right of Allah. As for those who have taken other ‘auliyas’ (guardians) with Allah (and justify their conduct by saying): “We serve them only that they may bring us closer to Allah.†Allah will surely judge between them concerning all that in which they differ. Allah does not show guidance to any liar and denier of the Truth.†(suuratu-Zumar 2-3)

“These people serve beside Allah those which can neither harm nor benefit them, and say, “These are our ‘shofa’a’ (intercessors) with Allah!†(O Mohammed), tell them, “Do you wish to inform Allah of that thing which He knows not in the heavens or in the earth?†He is absolutely free from, and exalted above the shirk that they commit.†(suuratul-Maryam 18)

“These people have set up other gods that Allah, so that they may become their supporters! There will be no supporters! They will not only disown your worship, but also become their opponents.†(suuratul-Maryam 81-82)

“When the people who had committed shirk in this world will see those whom they had made associates with Allah, they will say, “Our Lord, here are those associate-deities whom we used to invoke besides You.†At this their deities will retort, “You are liars!†At that time, all of them will proffer submission before Allah, and all that they used to forge in this world shall vanish from them.†(suuratul-Naxl 86-87)

“They associate with Allah partners who do not create anything, but are themselves created; who cannot help them nor have the power (even) to help themselves! If you invite them to follow the Right Way, they will not follow you! It will be all the same for you whether you call them or keep silent. Those whom you invoke with Allah are MERE SERVANTS OF ALLAH LIKE YOU! Just invoke them, and if what you say of them be true, they will answer your prayers! Have they feet that they should walk with them? Or have they hands that they should hold with them? Or have they eyes that they should see with them? Or have they ears that they should hear with them? Tell them, O Mohammed, “Call up the partners you have set up, and then all of you sit down together and plot against me, and give me no respite. My Protector and Helper is Allah, Who has sent down this Book (Al Quran), and, it is He who protects the righteous people.†(suuratul-Acraaf 190-196)

That is why our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) is reported to have said: “O tribesmen of Cabdul-Munaaf, I have no say in your affairs with Allah. O Safiyyah (his aunt) I have no say in your affair with Allah. O Cabbaas (his uncle) I have no say in your affair with Allah.†That is because Allah told the best of all creations and the best of all intercessors that:

“You (O Prophet) have no say in the affairs.†(suuratul-Cimraan 128)

Therefore, the companions only used to ask him to pray for them (only when he was alive) while they joined up with their "aamiin" in the ducaa, be it for rain or other things. This practice is normal, as some of you may have witnessed during the Soomaali mu’tamar in the summers, when after the muxaadaro and Q&A sessions, there always seems to be an ill person who needs to be prayed for his/her health to Allah. In such gatherings (also in the Jumcah) there is only one that leads such prayers. It is in that context that it should be understood, when Cumar (rc) said in his supplications, after the death of our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him): “O Allah. When we were faced up with droughts we sought to use Your Prophet as the means of access (wasilah) and you sent us rain. Now, we seek to use the Prophet’s uncle as the means of access.†What is meant by this wasilah is, that the Prophet himself used make the supplication and they used to join with their “aamiinâ€! But now the Prophet is dead, we are joining with our “aamiin†with that of his uncle, so accept from us. Otherwise if it was done in the sense of association, they would have used the Prophet for their intercession, who enjoys a much greater honour in the sight of Allah (and that would have been shirk). Allah protected their souls from such wrongdoing, and they knew and understood the Qur’aan and the Prophet’s Sunnah best among the ummah.

Allah knows best.

WCWW

Jazakallahu khairun shams-ud-deen. May Allaah guide you to what He is pleased with. you have provided clear evidences prohibiting shirk. May Allaah make it easy for us to submit to the evidences from the quran and sunnah.

however akhie, i really do not wish for this to continue in this particular thread. it already became confusing for many. what you have posted is in accordance to my initial post. then viking posted the ayaats about intercession, and then he posted some more showing that some who are alive can make du'ah for others who are alive. and this doesnt contradict anything i said. then bilan asked a questioned, which i think was formulated as a result of viking's response. so to bilan it seems that i was saying asking someone to make du'ah for u is shirk (wallahu 'alam). then og girl responded by saying "Not only that even Omar asked Abbas to pray to Allah for rain, why Omar himself did not ask for Allah!! Does this mean Allah is 'deaf' to some and hears others? wa eyadu beliah.". now it seems as though og girl is condemning omar's action. so then she would be refuting viking, and this would also mean she condemns asking the dead to make du'ah since it is more deserving of being condemned.

but i know og girl is shia and Allahu 'alam about viking's aqeedah, so i do not know how to respond since i do not understand what they are impling. and i do not know the explanations of the texts they provided in the context of how they used it. these are just my observations and Allaah knows best.

it seems and Allah knows best that debate is being sought, and i do not want to be the cause of it. believe me i'm all about giving dawah and being patient with the hardships that come. but with the debates on sol, it doesnt end, and the main point is always changed, so many are confused and a conclusion is never reached. and how this thread began is an indication that it should end. so inshallah please lets, fear Allaah and not continue.

i really hope the admin closes this thread before it goes further.

OG_Girl   

Calling names isn't an Islamic manners dear Shams. Islam is a way of life, it's a conduct(mo'amallah), our good conduct is best invitation to islam.

If you are doing Da'wah have some good manners first because people see your conduct before they listen to you.Largest Muslim country is Indonesia, who carried Islam there were poor Yamanian traders NOT Sheyookh or Foqaha because of their good manners and honesty people became Muslims.

Let us move on now...

Othman ibn Hunaif He was a knowledgable sahabi who practised tawassul himself during the lifetime of the Prophet(15 master hadeths) , and told someone else to do it after the Prophet had passed away (graded 3 sahihs). and is recorded in Al-Tabarani's Al-Mu'ajam al-Sageer.

The first thing to realize is that the concept behind the tawassul in these two cases was the same. The station of the Prophet was used as a "WASELA" not his physical body or presence. Hence, it was his lofty status that is presented before Allah . We see in the Quran that the sons of Ya'qob (as vicking already mentioned the Ayah) asked their father to ask Allah to pardon them. Does this mean Allah is 'deaf' to some and hears others? Na'oodo bellah men hatha.Ofcourse not. The purpose of tawassul is the same, be the physically alive or dead.

We also know that many sahabah and an Om al-Mu'mineen used to do tawasul through the hair and clothes of the Prophet. Why did they do that, when they could have asked Allah directly? Again, they did not believe that the hairs or clothes would help on their own, but they were used as tabarruka...I hope the meaning of tawassul is now clear, so let us move on to examples of some sunni Olema who allowed tawassul. *(I had to copy/paste..)*:

ÙÙŠ كشا٠القناع على المذهب الحنبلي ما نصه : وقال السامري وصاحب التلخيص لا بأس بالتوسل للاستسقاء بالشيوخ والعلماء المتقين وقال ÙÙŠ المذهب : يجوز أن يستشÙع إلى الله برجل صالح وقيل يستحب

-------------------------

ÙˆÙÙŠ الإنصا٠للشيخ علاء الدين المرداوي الحنبلي وهو من مشاهير علماء الحنابلة ما نصه : ومنها يجوز التوسل بالرجل الصالح على الصحيح من المذهب وقيل يستحب

Imaam Shaafi'ee would make Tawassul at the grave of Imaam Abu Hanifa. (Taarikh Baghdaad). Allaamah al-Kawthari has classified this incident as authentic. (Maqaalaatul Kawthari pg.381)

Imaam Hasan ibn Ibrahim al-Hallal has stated that whenever he had any urgent need, he would go to the grave of Imaam Moosa ibn Ja'far and make Tawassul through him. Allah Ta'ala would fulfil his need. (Taarikh Baghdaad)

Allaamah Taajuddeen al-Subki has mentioned that the people would go to the grave of Imaam ibn Foorak, the teacher of Imaam Bayhaqi and make Du'aa and their Du'aas would get accepted.

An-Nawawi has mentioned that from among the etiquettes of visiting the grave of Rasulullah one should make Tawassul through Rasulullah to Allah Ta'ala to accept his Du'aas. Thereafter, Allamah Nawawi states, '…and one of the best things that one should do is what has been related by Allaamah al-Mawardi, al-Qaadhi Abu Teeb and all our Ulama and they have all regarded it as commendable, and that is the incident of Imaam al-Utabi that he said, 'I was once seated by the grave of Rasulullah , when a Bedouin came and said, 'Peace be upon you, oh, Messenger of Allah. O Messenger of Allah, I have heard Almighty Allah say in the Qur'aan "And if they, when they had been unjust to themselves, had come to you and begged Allah's forgiveness and the messenger had begged forgiveness for them, indeed they would have found Allah All-Forgiving. Most merciful (Al-Nisaa:64). Hence, I have come to you in a state that I seek forgiveness of my sins by seeking your intercession by my Lord', thereafter he recited a few couplets and departed. Imaam al-Utabi states, 'I then fell asleep and I saw Rasulullah instructing me by the words, 'O Utabi, go to that Bedouin and give him the glad tidings that Almighty Allah has forgiven him.' (Refer al-Majmoo vol.8 pg.456 - Cairo and Manaasikul-Imaam-Al-Nawawi pg.498-499 Maktabah Salafia). This incident has been related by many Ulama in their respective compilations. Some of them are: Haafiz Ibn-Katheer in his Tafseer, Allamah Abu-Muhammad ibn Qudaamah in Al-Mughni vol.3 pg.556, Imaam Abul-Faraj in Al-Sharhul-Kabeervol.3 pg.495, etc.)

Imaam Al-Shawkaani has also permitted Tawassul. (Tuhfatu-Zaakireen pg.50)

Al-Ghazzali has allotted a special section in his book Ihya' 'Ulum al-Din concerning the manners of pilgrimage to the shrine of the Prophet (s) in order to repent and seek forgiveness from Allah. He writes:

The Prophet should be made the means (wasilah) and the intercessor (shafi'), and with face turned towards the tomb, the pilgrim should implore Allah for the sake and position of the Prophet with the words: "O Allah, indeed You have said, Had they, who had wronged themselves, come to you and asked Allah's forgiveness and the Apostle had asked forgiveness for them, they would have certainly found Allah Most-Propitious, Most-Merciful (Holy Qur'an 4:64);

O Allah, surely we have heard Your words and we obey Your command, by coming to Your Prophet to seek his intercession with You for our sins; how burdensome and heavy (are sins) on our backs! We repent of slipperiness, we confess our wrongs and our faults, accept our repentance for his sake, make Your Prophet intercessor for us, and exalt us for the sake of his position and his rights with You."

Al-Ghazzali adds:

It is recommended the pilgrim should go daily to the Baqi' Cemetery and after saluting the Prophet (s), make pilgrimage to the tombs of (Imam) Hasan ibn 'Ali, (Imam) 'Ali ibn al-Husayn, (Imam) Muhammad ibn 'Ali and (Imam) Ja'far ibn Muhammad (Allah be pleased with them), and also perform the Salat in the Mosque of Fatimah (Allah be pleased with her). (Ihya' 'Ulum al-Din, vol. 1, pp. 258-261)

---------------------

Some other scholars who permitted/practiced tawassul are Ibn Hibban, Ahmad bin Hanbal and Al-Zarkashi.

---------------------

Now my question: Are they all mushrikeen and kuffar? If your answer is YES, then please criticize them first and tabara' menhom. If your answer is no, then do not criticize anyone (sunni or shia) for doing tawassol?

Salam

Subhannallah!!!! this is exactly what i was

avoiding. og girl i really dont know where you got that from. its clear opposition to the quran and sunnah. we know those imaams to be free from what you attributed to them.

i did not want to respond but you are now trying to teach us the aqeedah of ahlul sunnah. so i do not want anyone to be confused so i will post the work of some of the people of knowledge from ahlul sunnah on the issues of

1.shafa'aa(intercession)

2.Tabarukk

3.tawassul.

so this way no one is left confused as to what ahlul sunnah believe. and we can depend on the works of the scholars more than average individuals like myself and og-girl.

shaykhul islam ibn taymiyyah on intercession

http://www.salafipublications.com/sps/sp.cfm?subsecID=TAW05&articleID=TAW050001&articlePages=1

The Understanding of Tabarruk with Ahl us-Sunnah

http://www.salafipublications.com/sps/sp.cfm?subsecID=TAW04&articleID=TAW040001&articlePages=1

(if someone has time they can copy and paste this in another thread inshallah)

Intermediation Between Allaah and the Creation

http://www.salafipublications.com/sps/sp.cfm?subsecID=TAW03&articleID=TAW030001&articlePages=1

(if someone has time, they can copy and past this in another thread inshallah)

i also posted in another thread the works of imaam muhammad ibn abdul wahhab rahimallah. if you want to know the correct aqeedah of ahlul sunnah refer to the the books written by the scholars of ahlul sunnah themselves. there is no point of continuing here, since we made our aqeedah clear by refering you to the books on tawheed written by our scholars, who hold firmly on to the quran and sunnah for proofs.

OG_Girl   

Bent, I'm not here to teach you anything.You posted an artical copy and paste to discuss or do follow you blindly? Well, I never been a follower. I did not even wanted to go there since I know where this leads. Remember I graduated Islamic law university (Sharea Islamia) from Sunni university and that only make me very unbaised.

Acually, my family and people in my Husainia think I'm a sunna the way i question every thing,but who cares what others think or not!!

I would advice you to learn Arabic so you can your self check the original tradition books.

Secondly I don't imply anything. I just asked a simple question. Stop judging people, you don't know their intentions....that is all was my post about not to point fingers.

About reading Sunnah..I read them all these books I listed and all from "Sunni well known sheikh" I read them In Arabic the origional books. I don't go and learn from Internet. Alhamdullilah Arabic is my mother tangue. All I can do is to grap the original book from any library in my country and check it my self instead of translations.

If as you saying contradictory to Quraan, do you think they did not know? or you know more than them? Well maybe redface.gif use your commonsense sister.

Salam