Sign in to follow this  
Wing Wizard

Contest: Puntland Flag

Guys,

In article 10.1 of the new Puntland constitution, Puntland will have its very own flag in the near future. A public contest will be made and all the Puntite citizens will compete to craft a new flag for our beloved Land of Punt.

This has nothing to do with the Puntland officials, but, with all talented Somalis in mind, I though I could run one like this contest to check how creative we are to hand-craft a flag for the Punt.

To begin with, here is my photoshopped effort:

neaya9.jpg

---

Just the original flag with two white stripes on the edges of both ends. First white stripe: peace, Second white stripe: bright future.

---

The reason I chose the original is to honor the legendary Cawaale and the once-in-a-lifetime Greater Somalia.

Now What?

Share your talents and creative skills here, bring your killer flags and show us your wizardry brain.

No matter if you are not savvy with graphics editing software such as Photoshop and Gimp, just draw/sketch it with your hand.

^^^

Yours does not stand a chance, amigo! It's simply a plagiarized version of the Somali National Flag.

A genuine effort MUST be original and unique.

p.s

You do realize that if Puntland ever comes up with a state flag, it will always fly side by side and underneath the Somali National Flag.

Mr. Somalia, if you look --curiously-- at the most of the flags, they contain the same colors. May be you are not good flag inspector, but let me give you some examples:

Countries with much more closer flags:

A. Countries with the same flags

- Ivory Coast & Ireland

- Italy & Mexico

- Germany & Belgium

- USA & Malaysia

- Iran & India

- Lebanon & Canada

B. Slighly different but still the same feel

- England, Sweden, Denmark, Finland & Norway...

- Qatar & Bahrain

- Pakistan, Tunisia & Turkey

- Somalia & Morocco

Google them if you want, you will impress. More than 80% of the flags in this world are the same. There is no unique flag, however, I can't judge if you are counting the Saudia flag. smile.gif

This is not yet another cookie-cutter, but, simply, its what experts call inspiration.

The current flag of Somalia is not unique. It was inspired by the United Nations flag.

Hope you will understand it.

Originally posted by Wing Wizard:

Mr. Somalia, if you look --curiously-- at the most of the flags, they contain the same colors. May be you are not good flag inspector, but let me give you some examples:

Countries with much more closer flags:

A. Countries with the same flags

- Ivory Coast & Ireland

- Italy & Mexico

- Germany & Belgium

- USA & Malaysia

- Iran & India

- Lebanon & Canada

B. Slighly different but still the same feel

- England, Sweden, Denmark, Finland & Norway...

- Qatar & Bahrain

- Pakistan, Tunisia & Turkey

- Somalia & Morocco

Google them if you want, you will impress. More than 80% of the flags in this world are the same. There is no unique flag, however, I can't judge if you are counting the Saudia flag.
smile.gif

This is not yet another cookie-cutter, but, simply, its what experts call inspiration.

The current flag of Somalia is not unique. It was inspired by the United Nations flag.

Hope you will understand it.

I do understand. However, I just want to point out-- that since we will always use the Somali National Flag in Puntland and across all Somali-Lands, we just gonna need something different for our State flag.

Originally posted by Mr. Somalia:

To Wing Wizard:

I just found out that there is a whole branch of science dedicated to the art of Flag making! It's called

I also found this site-- give it a read....

Mr. Somalia,

There are two things I wanted to tell you:

-1- The difference between Science & Arts: SCIENCE is a professional skill, while, ARTS is a general knowledge and intellectual skill

-2- Wikipedia: is an online wikized database where every 8-years-old kid has the right to edit/modify.

----

Anyways, don't hijack the topic, please. I didn't ask you an advise, here. I got loads of books at home.

In the above post, I said, I don't want to eliminate the ol' Cawaale's works.

If you feel my flag is not that good, please show your own version and then it depends the judges to choose the outstanding one.

Please share your creative imagination and killer talent. If you feel you are short in creationism, please rate/criticize, but don't give me no-sense wiki links.

Thank you in advance!

^^^

I lost you on point number 1. But on point number 2, am gonna have to call you out on it-- because, I acutely remember listening to an NPR interview with a guy from Wikipedia just last week. In that interview, he spoke of Wikipedia changing its Editing Policy.

So go on and 'edumacate' yooorseelaafi! ;)

Originally posted by Mr. Somalia:

^^^

I lost you on point number 1. But on point number 2, am gonna have to call you out on it-- because, I acutely remember listening to an NPR interview with a guy from Wikipedia just last week. In that interview, he spoke of Wikipedia

So go on and 'edumacate' yooorseelaafi!
;)

I am not going to educate yourself. Its up to you and your sponsors. but when I was just 3, I used to draw portraits of my dad, this is what people call visual arts, not science.

Anyways, lets keep on topic. What have you created so far? Show me your flag or post a written idea of how your flag would look like and I will give it time to craft it for you. smile.gif

Good luck

@Jalle Liqaye,

Thats your level of imagination and talent. I cannot say you have 'zero' talent because you tried to search stuff and actually come with this GettyImage illustration.

Instead of using people's works, why didn't you ask your mates to teach you at least how to paint for good?

Mr Somalia is right the flag should not look anything like the national flag, as it would fly next to it. Maybe you should look at the US states for inspiration.

in-flag.gif

Indiana, state flag

Product-4441.gifGeorgia state

mn_fi.gifMinnesota state

Haatu   

^^^ waryaa instead of worrying about flags you should be worrying about fariinta ina Godane. :D The menace hates peace.