Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Better Off Stateless: Somalia Before and After Government Collapse

Originally posted by Thankful:

quote: allowed to eat with these people, completely isolated from society with no representation in government at all .

This is precisely why the secessionists cannot get a single country in the world to recognize them. They base their whole claim on the alleged persecution they suffered and then they make a supposed government dominated by one group. Where all the opposition parties are lead by one side.

Or another reason could be: Somaliland was once an independent country and agreed to join the union, and this union came to an end after the people of Somaliland suffered. That's exactly why the Somaliland case is so unique in Africa. And that's why you wont be able to defeat that argument..EVER.

Smarten up....

Thankful   

There is no argument!

The Union came to and end according to whom? What people was it that decided the union was over?

The so-called Burco conference that took place in the triangle?

It definitely wasn't the ones that were protesting in London, who have no representation at all in the government. It's not Sool and Sanaag who are in the same predicament with armed groups like the SSC fighting! Where your elections couldn't even take place outside the triangle. There are area's your officials can't go, so obviously the union is not over in those places.

I admit for the one group that dominates the regional government, the union is over! But for the rest of the areas, it never was!

Even Awdal is bringing out the blue flag and letting ONLF travel through regardless of what the triangle admin says. They never did that before, if they lost power and are doing this, it must mean they were never really loyal!

^ ask Riyaale or our current vice president if awdal is on the bus with us.

Secondly, my family is originally from Erigavo-Sanaag. Who are you to speak for the people of Sanaag? Have you ever been there?

You're losing in every debate.

Thankful   

I don't see blue flags coming out in the triangle. The government is arresting people in Adwal for carrying it. Now does that mean everyone is for it? Of course not. But areas not controlled by the dominant group are the ones that these kind of things happen in. Awdal is not the same since Riyaale left. So don't say the union is over for all the people outside the triangle.

What do you think of the protest that a oppressed group did in London against your enclave's gov't?

Saalax   

AfricaOwn. has a point who are you to speak for Sanaag when your from Pirateland enclave? when your so called Faroole Pirate Chief leader can't even set foot in Sanaag.

. Awdal is not the same since Riyaale left.

Couple of questions on this..

1. What was Riyaale doing so right when he was the President for the ppl of awdal to support him? He must have did a lot for that state for them to have a sudden change of heart..

2. How awdal is not the same? How so..lol

I am inviting you to come to Awdal on May 18th, 2011 for a fact finding mission.

Thankful   

Originally posted by AfricaOwn:

I am inviting you to come to Awdal on May 18th, 2011 for a fact finding mission.

Link

Published On: Friday, October, 29 2010 -

Charlie Edwards writes about the torture of Somali minorities in Human Rights atrocities in Somaliland.

Sadly I would be considered a minority and since it is not safe, I respectfully decline.

But thanks anyways!

Originally posted by NinaNC:

^^ Aqiyaar ma aqrisey qoraalka horta?

JB ma rabin in halkan laga aqriyo the following:

Maryan Mursal ayaa xataa ku jirtey dadka demo sameynayey.

Waa ogaa. I was being sarcastic. He didn't obviously post this article because it pretty much damns what he kinda dreams of.

Thankful   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

It is democracy adeer and people have the right to demonstrate and demand their rights .....

That is because

No it is not a democracy! When this oppressed group has ZERO representation in your government or only the dominant groups makes the opposition leaders! More so when they say this

Do you visit the country regularly?

“The situation is so tense at the moment, that people like me trying to raise awareness of this issue would not be safe. No, and I wouldn’t plan on going.”

The protest among this oppressed group is taking place in London, so you can't take credit for it and claim it is a democracy....the quote shows they could never protest in your enclave. If all sides had equal representation then you can say it is a democracy!

quote:Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

It is democracy adeer and people have the right to demonstrate and demand their rights .....

That is because

No it is not a democracy! When this oppressed group has ZERO representation in your government or only the dominant groups makes the opposition leaders! More so when they say this

Do you visit the country regularly?

“The situation is so tense at the moment, that people like me trying to raise awareness of this issue would not be safe. No, and I wouldn’t plan on going.”

The protest among this oppressed group is taking place in London, so you can't take credit for it and claim it is a democracy....the quote shows they could never protest in your enclave. If all sides had equal representation then you can say it is a democracy!
lol@oppressed group...What makes them an oppressed group? Why is a single clan so dominant? You're insulting the folks in Sool. Stop insulting the good name of the Somalis. Like they can't build infrastructure for themselves. SMH