Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Congratulations to another president. Gen Cadde Musse

Originally posted by Jumatatu:

Nationalist I dont see you waving the flag sxb....guess this side of 'reer-maxamudsyleyman' was not your ideal choice...

<

Although the final result was not welcomed by "some", soomaalidu waxay ku maahmaahdaa Hangaraarac lug uma dhutiyo

raula   

Walaalayal-Iam seriously confused and has never been so upbeat about the everchanging somali politics-so I need your help. What is this presidency about? I thought we had one before? What is the difference between this and the one from last year? (A.Yusuf's) Is this some kind of regional govt?

:confused: :confused: can someone help me understand? thx.

Raula, This vote was for the leadership of the Puntland State of Somalia. In Puntland the head of the state is given the title President but could be viewd as a governor as Somalia has only one President. So yes Abdullahi Yusuf is the President of the Federal Republic which Puntland is a state of.

Northerner, the 65 MP's of the Puntland assembly voted. The final vote was 35 Gen Cade Muse and 30 for Mohamed Abdi Hashi who was the incumbent.

Originally posted by Jumatatu:

Nationalist I dont see you waving the flag sxb....guess this side of 'reer-maxamudsyleyman' was not your ideal choice...

Correct if I'm wrong, but doesn't this violate the anti-qabiil laws of SOL? Maxamuud Saleeban is a qabiil, not a person.

On the issue of DEMOCRACY, the idea is really simple. There is no population statistics in Puntland, or Somalia in general. So the best option for Puntland is to elect their leadership through a represenative council (representative of the clans) - i.e. Parliament, selected by the qabiils, approved by the Issims and distributed amongst the various regions of Puntland.

M.A. Hashi lost because he didn't campaign hard enough in the regions (Nugaal and Sanaag) that voted for A/raxman Faroole. Did he take their vote for granted?