Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

A Worthy Cause

Salaan...

While we are butchering, kidnapping and torturing one another back home, a worthy man is pedalling his bike around Africa to make more awareness the wretched and abysmal condition Soomaalis are in.

This worthy man's name is Biiboow {Pippo}. He is half-Italian, half-Soomaali. Born in Kismaayo to a Soomaali mother and a Talyaani father. Calling his commendable tour Somalia Solidarity, him and his bike would travel around Africa solo, risking the unavoidable perils of vast continent of Africa.

His journey will take place in Talyaaniga itself and Africa; started already in June of this year, according to his website

africa2.gif

Pisa.gif

Ilaahoow u gargaar, aamiin.

Soon Wanaagsan.

Mowgli   

Asalaama Alaikum

How far is he now? He wasn't getting much support in Milan, lol he mentioned Ali Suudi (Somalis can be so harsh). The people there were skeptical and kept asking him how he was going to cross the sea by a bike (which was very ****** :rolleyes: ), and what exactly would he accomplish.

Flying still abaayo...

I agree that it doesn't look like this will help Somalia in anyway, it maybe a strange way to help Somalia, but it is, nonetheless a way. He hopes to get some positive media coverage (as Somalia is only portrayed negatively in tv) and in turn find an organisation willing to support the Associazione Nazionale Comunita Italo/Somala (The National Association of the Italian/Somali Community), where he himself is a member, by donating money and vaccines to help widowed women, orphan and sick children.

If enough money is donated, he wants to rebuild a village, building a school, wells etc.

Insha Allah, I hope Allah (swt) aids him in his quest.

Ma'Salaama

I think his purpose is that he will inspire all sorts of Somalis and thereby provide Solidarity between Somalis of all qabils.

I think he hopes to provide a medium in which all Somalis can unite and for once not bicker about asinine qabilist thinking.

I say to him in the style of a true Los Angeles resident. (Big Ups Dogg!!) and good luck.

PEACE IN SOMALI, BY ALL MEANS