Sign in to follow this  
Pacifist

Am I the only 1Confused about Somali Politics

Pacifist   

As wr wb

First of all am i the only 1 confused about somali politics?

Their are the people who i talk to about politics and i think some of them maybe biased because of clanism or some history pretaining before.

There is the internet full of info thus countless articles, full of information don't know what is true or false. Every body has their point of view of some particular event, war, history. I do have people in my life that can tell me about it but i don't want it because i sense their views are biased. So what is fact of fiction.

Simple scenerio About the new President

Some say he is a dictator, cold blooded killer, that he even killed his own brother, cousin something like that.

Some say he is not all that, yes he is a warlord. He is a good nationalist--- he wants a better somalia peaceful

Alahu yaclum

Care to give me the real political truth and nothing but the truth so help u Allah?

Just trying to understand it. And i don't want to judge anyone with out having the right facts.

All i care about is for somalia to be a progressing country, which its people can walk and live in it peacefully. And for us to fullfil our right full duties as muslims.

not sure if am making sense. The saum is killing me today

Hasna-You will only get baised opinion here,too many spin doctors. People will tell you things in manner that goes well with their own agenda. It is hard to some facts out of anybody.

As for new Somali president, Yeah he is killer, but so are all warlords, and so called leaders. They are one and da same. It just is that Somalis would have believe one killer is better than other.N this is why you get the so many useless articles pertaining to so called leaders. Some Somalis praise them, and others condemn them, but in the end the truth are all killers.

Pacifist   

Che thanks

Like they say Somebody's Warlord is another's Hero

Thats why they call me the Visionary dreamer..

Lets all live together peacefully still dreaming though i guess that all we can do for now.....Che

OG_Girl   

Sister, it's hard to find neutral sources in internet ...it is really impossible. So all you can do just like I do.. hear from all sides and filter in your head using your logic and commen sense, that is all you can do specialy if you are like me never been in Somali soil in your life.

I may lucky my grand father tells me some infos even thought i feel he is baised in away or another..lol that is true. But the problem all he knows is old things ..he doesn't know half of new worlords!.

About A/Yusuf, I haven't met any one yet saying he is good guy.. God only knows but all people I talked to them saying he is a Dictator .

Salam

LANDER   

OG, I think you'll find enough people to describe A/Yusuf as a savior saint in this forum :D . Hasna besides the alleged assassinations this man has executed, there are more revelant facts about him that can be presented in a less than bias way. I like to think I can give anybody the benefit of the doubt and can form an opinion on people with regards to their greater deeds. On this website you will find a short summary of the events that took place during the SSDF movement that Yusuf spear headed which I believe is his single biggest contribution to Somali history. Read it for yourself and maybe based on some of the facts you read you can start developing an informed opinion of your own. By no means does this little page give you the "whole picture" but its a start.

http://www.onwar.com/aced/data/sierra/somalia1978b.htm

P.S.

I think you will find this website to be factual and not be laced with stories of personal heroics and propaganda.

NGONGE   

Hasna,

If you’re being serious here I’d say don’t listen to anyone. Nobody at all. I personally doubt that there are many Somali bigots (apart from the warlords of course). The rest of the Somali population, I suspect only resort to tribalism out of fear, mistrust and paranoia. When it comes to the warlords, you really don’t have to listen to anyone or read any website to know if they’re good people or not. After all, they’re not called “warlords†for nothing.

We’re backward, illiterate and impulsive nomads that try to punch above our weight and forever live the lie that we somehow matter in this world. We fight over a poor and mostly semi-arid land that we mistake for the best spot on earth! We boast about our lineage to great men who couldn’t save themselves from the pathetic worms of the grave! We give the word lifeless a bad name. But, since we’re all these things and more, and we have no choice in the matter, we might as well fight our corner and brag about our greatness. After all, Bees, Ants and tiny insects have kings and queens. We’re bigger than them all. Surely that’s something to be proud off?

Sorry, I got carried away there! You were asking about politics? Erm, listen to the BBC I guess. :rolleyes:

my dear sista hasna! this is the break down of our ppl these days!<

warlords- current so called rulers of our land.

warlord-wadhey=their saaf-wadhey in somalia.

qaabil-wadhey=cheerleaders outside who drum up that everything their worlord do is good for s'malia.

waxmawadhey=ppl like me who after couple of big macs think life is beautiful in babylon!

orowadhey=ppl who hate their kind and r proud about knowing or marrying some convert x-gaal!! they are blk outside and white inside!

dhabeel-wadhey= clueless ones. they have no idea!

i believe they should stop at the gas station and put some air in their heads!>..

somali-wadhey!!-- i am looking for them! lemme know if u find them!!

hope that helps sista!! ;) but u is cool! i will say u r a brave lady! since u asked those q's! many dont dare....how true! best u can do is to use your judgement since thats why allah gave us humans a brain so we can reason!!

somalidho ha noolaato!!

Warmoog   

Sister,

I lost faith in Somali news mediums long ago and it appears the same is now true for you, but I would suggest that you also coat your sensibilities with a healthy measure of suspicion when reading about Somali history in general, including the ‘academic’ accounts with which you might otherwise be tempted to let your guard down. There are a lot of people, Somali and otherwise, who are trying to reshape history so that it fits neatly into their current political agenda. Be aware and proceed with caution.