Sign in to follow this  
qoslaaye

IS MOGADISHO GOOD ENOUGH TO BE OUR CAPITAL?

qoslaaye   

EVERY SOMALI RECONCILIATION CONFERENCE THE FIRST QUESTION IS ABOUT THE CAPITAL CITY WHY? BECAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE FEEL THAT MOGADISHO IS NOT SAFE ENOUGH TO BE A CAPITAL OR EVEN GOOD ENOUGH. I BELIEVE UNTIL THE MOORANS IN MOGADISHO REALIZE THIS DOEST NOT BELONG TO THEM, IT BELONGS TO THE SOMALI PEOPLE GENERALLY, WE SHOULD LEAVE IT AS IT IS. EVEY OTHER CITY IS SAFER THAN MOGADHISHO NOW THEREFORE MAKING IT A CAPITAL SHOULD BE RULED. WHAT MADE MOGADISHO A CITY IS NOT LOOTING, KILLING, CHECK POINTS, WARLORDS, ****** OR HABARDIGIR, IT IS THE WEALTH AND THE EFFORT OF EVERY INDIVIDUAL SOMALI THEREFORE THESE MOORANS SHOULD GIVE UP BY NOW AND LET THE GOOD SOMALI CITIZENS FROM EVERY CORNER OF THE COUNTRY BRING BACK THE DIGNITY OF THE CITY. UNTIL THINGS CHANGE, I BELIEVE MOGADISHO IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BE A CAPITAL WHETHER YOU AGREE OR NOT.

"I WAS BORN IN MOGADHISO" CONSIDER THAT BEFORE JUMPING ON ME OK.... WHAT CITY DO YOU THINK SHOULD BE A TEMPARORY CAPITAL? IF MOGADISHO IS REMOVED FROM ITS TITLE AS A CAPITAL WHAT CITY DO YOU THINK SHOULD BE A PERMANENT CAPITAL?

NOTE: "GALKACYO CANT BE A TEMP OR PERMEMENT CAPITAL OK............"

SA7RAWY   

The usc ethnically cleaned xamar of all other clans and commited many atrocities. As far as I'm conserned they had their time in the lime light and it's time for another city. All our monney of Somalis went into muqdishu now look...it's all gone. Since xamar is too dangerous there should be a temporary capital for the new government from kenya. During that time a permanent capital could be decided by all somalis.

I nominate Galkacyo(temporary) because it is in the middle of Somalia and between two major clans and is peaceful.

Does anyone know a better choirce for temporary capital?

Waaq   

No! Mogadishu is done as a capital, at least as a political capital. My suggestion, create a new capital since mogadishu has been destroyed. this will serve as the political center, while Mogadishu and other cities can emerge as economic captials. This process can occur via the free market so to speak. I don't know if there are any neutral areas in Somalia, but perhaps one can be found to form a new capital.

Cheers

USC destroyed Mogadisho.......So much for liberating Hamar caddeey from Barre....Let them figure out what they wanna do with it.....The best i could hope for Xamar is for it to be somalia's commercial hub again...Kismayo and Bossaso will give hamar a run for its money though since many former residents are going to relocate to Puntland and the Jubbaland. My personal choice would be Merca since it has a coastline, good weather, and far from the enemy borders. Galkayo is big NO, NO.......Anything north of Mogadisho is big NO, NO......!!!!!!

Ladiif   

Hadal lee maa wadaynaa? First thing first guys. lets discuss that when have a peaceful country. Wadanba mahaysiine maxaad caasimad kahadashiin or its just for the sake of talking?

I agree with mot of the above posts,

Mogadishu with Bossaso, Kismayu and other cities will be economic power houses but a capital dosent have to be the largest town, or the most famous it has to represent the country.

Galkacyu NO it is becoming a great city and does not need the burdon of housing the new Government. It with Badoa are close to the Ethiopian border this can also be tricky.

I think a new capital can be created or MARKA can be a new capital. It is a city with Good climate and mild manered population it is quite large and doesnt need to be developed.

However I dont tottaly rule XAMAR out once you kick out MUSA Sudi and the other strong men.

But we hope

SA7RAWY   

Che,

You just ruled our 90% of Somalia :D Why no capital north of xamar?

Ladif,

The new government will need a peaceful city/area to begin the task of running the country. The TNG failed because xamar has dozens of warlords and is very violent place.

Smithnwestern,

Doesn't merka come under the control of the JVA which seems to be against the Kenya talks?

But I wouldn't mind marka as a capital.

Doesn't it make sense to have a temporary capital elsewhere?

Salaan...

The usc ethnically cleaned xamar of all other clans

I can assure you that today Xamar--since I was there in this past April--is lived by all walks of Soomaali qabiils without any fear--unless you are rich or from qurba, that is. Yes, still, it is unsafe, but tell me where there lives multi-qabiil that is safe? Name it? As you had chosen Gaalkacyo, the two clans that dominate in that area still can't agree with which ceel biyaha laga dhaansado markaas aa capital leedahay. :D

I once said that do not open unneccesary cracks. We already have tons of troubles to deal with. Majority of folks do still support Xamar as a capital, not because of qabiil but because of location and history.

And final reason: I went to Xamar, and noo I am not a card-carrying USC qabiil member. I might have afraid for my life because coming from qurba than qabiil. Go and see Xamar for yourself. It will change a lot of your perception--either negatively or positively. smile.gif

Macsalaama!!

SA7RAWY   

Mr. Miskiin,

I must congratulate you first for having the ***** to go to xamar. I was born and grew up in that beautful city. But you can't deny what happened to non-usc clan ppl in xamar cade. Unless you think that all those people who fled north left for looong vacation :D I doubt we'll get our house/car/store back from those thugs in teknicals ;) I myself would not want to move back there or raise a family in muqdishu. And many ppl feel the same like me. The univers doesnot revolve around xamar anymore :D

Galkacyo was just a suggestion. I would not mind merca or any other city.

In bosaso ppl from every clan live there and are not persecuted. in fact ppl from all over horn of africa live there. Show me one report/case of harrasement becaue of qabil in bosaso. Is it not safe?

ps. do u have any pictures/stories to share about ur visit? :D Please tell me how the ppl are doing. thanks.

Mr Miskin,

Your picture of Mogadishu is not entirely accurate. While there is a lot of Business activity the city has random in fighting specialy in Madina. There is more kidnaping now than at any time actually kidnaping has become a trade of sorts. The city has been destroyed and it has more check points than any where I can think of. With the major port air port closed and heavily armed combatants I beleiev that Mog town today is not suitable for a Government of 350 MP's and a large cabinet to live there. Who would pay the ransom of all the kidnaped MP'S.

MARKA is not controled by the Juba Alliance, it has USC millitia presence but it is not as complicated as ever.

Galkacyu should never be capital as it is the Capital of Mudug and Puntlands second city, it dosent need it.

Again I say MARKA and Mogadishu maybe in 10 years.

No city other than Mogadishu should become our capital. Hargeysa, Boosaaso, Kismaayo are all wonderful and everything, but they should never become Somalia's capital. Mogadishu forever.

JUXAA   

I believe for temporary capital Kalkacyo is a good candidate for that since it is one of the largest, well-developed cities in the last 13 years. It is also multi-tribal city. There are too many prejudices against Galkacyo, which are unfounded and baseless and simply out of hate rather than fact. If Somaliland were taking party in the reconciliation conference I would have said Hargaisa since it was second capital of Somalia.

Gaalkacyo, the two clans that dominate in that area still can't agree with which ceel biyaha laga dhaansado markaas aa capital leedahay.

First of all there are more than two qabiil who share Galkacyo and the other thing is when did you last heard about violence in Galkacyo city? Last time there was any major violence there was 1991 when the USC attacked the city and massacred hundreds of its innocent citizens. You also amaze me with your choice of xamar as the sole candidate capital!!! The warlords cannot even agree on opening the city airport and the harbour let alone ceel biyo laga cabo.

Excellent topic start it by qoslaaye.However,In most cases of people in the thread has presented wasn't as bad as Mojams adissababa ,What was he thinking.lol.Anyway, Today

the fact stands whether your Lander'southerner,that today you

see mogadishu as your capital.No point of wasting your saliva.Mogadishu,Has story of it's own, great

place to reside and live, But there is savages and

people who has lost the mercy or the value to a

human life.is just disgusting to see people whom

you share the same damn identity but somehow...

I don't know man,I'm in emotional moment now.

The killings or the ransoms of people whom gone back to do good or

visit their families.My Uncle who was sick

went back home for his last moments in life,

and past away in a ransom hold.

Oh'Mogadishu,mogadishu,when will peace come to you?

PS...I still see Hope for mOgadishu to being the Capital no need to relocate,there is more positivity than negativuty, Good can over come bad.

If Mogadishu is given up on,Might as well all of somalia........