Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Looters, warlords, clan court defeat = peace after 17 years

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

quote:

What is happening in Benadir today
is no different
(heh) from what happened to some segment of Benadir residents in early ninties. In some way that
was worse
(double heh) for the tribal expulsion as some called had been carried out by neighbors of the victims. Duke and folks who share his view have not forgotten that event and their
lack of sympathy
(triple heh)is
understandable
(heh la maqnifique) .

No need to comment on that morally sick self-revealing quote. It speaks for itself.
^ Allow me.

Baashi: Are you saying that Benadir residents ie; the mothers, fathers, children should be held liable for what happened in '91? Wow... I am dumbfounded! And I'm sure those same residents who are experiencing shock and awe, and Habashi high level bombing activities will one day say "there ain't enough punishment that the Duke group could pay for what they did to us.." This feeling of revenge, and resentment will harm your health Awoowe in more ways than reer Muqdisho could harm you. It must stop somewhere, so try letting it go sometime. You may even feel good afterward. smile.gif

NASSIR   

Eh, How sensitive are we, misquoting others. Neither Duke's clan nor any other clan has the authority to reverse the prevailing wind. It is about competing groups against an elected government. No clan holds hegemony over the affairs of this government, and no clan has the absolute power to dissolve this government. The dissolution of this government comes from the will of all the stakeholders, but not one single stakeholder that has refused to sit down and compromise or even accept the request for a formal mediation can decide for what is right for Somalia.

Our innocent mothers and their children have been caught in the crossfire, and for this reason, I don't see the justifiable grounds upon which one side of this conflict gets all the blame. It would have been even reasonably understandable if this opinionated blame reflects the honesty and the clean heart of those who utter the desperate name-callings in regards to what constituents the TFG represents and stand for.

He means the illegal Benadir residents living in usurped houses who don't want peace because then the owners will come back and claim their properties. Why are you pretending to be dumbfounded. You could see different tribes walking in the streets of Xamar. Did you ever ask yourself what happened to them. Where are they? Nowadays they invite foreign fighters while living in confiscated houses. Give me a break. We had and still have a genocide worse than Darfur. So stop this nonsense. What is happening today is exatly what happened in the '90. They are both wrong and you know it but as usual you are all blinded by clan loyalties.

Kashafa   

Baashi,

If you've read my posts, you would know I'm an equal opportunity offender against any and all types of moral waffling, equivocation, excusing, defending, and 'understanding' the indefensible. Your first post stands on it's own merit and I'm just the 3rd nomad to comment on it(I'm sure some others will). Surely all of us can't be 'clannist bigots' ?

Now I understand that you're, in effect, retracting your first post. I understand that you do not support, defend, absolve, or excuse the TFG. Great. So far, so good.

There's a slight problem tho. Your crystal-clear statement(of not supporting/rooting for/loving) the TFG and holding them responsible for the deaths of thousands and all the other tragedies that befell Somalia is, sorry to say, contradicted by some of your posts. Whether it was the wishy-washy waffling posts you made back in December when Somali Muslims faced off against Ethiopians and their Dhabo-dhilifs. Or the consistent attempts to to 'find a way out' for the TFG. Or by considering them to be(if I remember correctly) a 'legitimate inclusive entity' that has the best chance to govern Somalia, you display a fervent belief in the TFG and a callous contempt for the Men and Women fighting for your freedom.

I'm sure you're a pretty cool guy in the real world and maybe you could explain yourself better verbally, but here in cyber-space, it's in your written words (literal or implied) that your true ideas(whether you meant them or not) are conveyed through. Which is why I'm kinda big on straight talk. Makes online discourse much much more constructive

Very briefly, here's what was wrong with your post(in case u still don't get it):

- Intentionally or not, you excused the present day atrocities happening in Mogadisho because of what happened during the early 90's civil war. You reminded me of that TFG official who when asked by the BBC point-blank to account and explain for the recent murders of 81 civilian men, women, and children replied(paraphrasing) "It's not only the people of Mogadisho that have suffered. Killing has been happening for 17 years." Yacni, shit happens. What comes around, goes around. This malcoon says that while Somali bodies are still being discovered slaughtered in the alleys of Mogadisho. Would you like me to 'understand' him ? To dig deeper to understand the psychology behind such an disgusting statement of gloating, complicity, and hate ? Thanks, but no thanks. I prefer to see my dhabo-dhilifs six feet under, not psychoanalyze them.

- You made the appalling mistake of weighing tragedies, comparing them as if they were fruit you were buying at the supermarket. Tragedy is tragedy. Death is death. Loss is loss. Suffering is suffering. Who are you to say one is 'worser' or 'no different' than the other. Wittingly or not, you trivialize(and thus insult) those on the ground suffering. Furthermore, why would you even attempt to inject clannish overtones when the entire Umada Somaliyeed is shocked and standing by their brethren who have to bear the brunt of Ethiopian atrocities ? How different are you from Duke, who after Af-Gaduud got whooped by Hiraale's boys, promptly turned on his erstwhile allies(united in dhabo-dhilif'ia against the ICU) and started a naked propaganda thread to exploit the suffering of thousands at the hands of the SNF(hiraale's crew). Not because of any genuine sympathy(far from it), but because it would allow him to lick his wounds and gain a measure of solace by making Hiiraale's boys look bad. How low can one get ?

Marka abti, don't speak to us about 'understanding' Duke and his ilk and rationalize to us their infamy and barbarity. There will be ample time for them in the history books. Common sense and humanity, let alone any notion of Somalinimo and Islamnimo, dictates solidarity and support for our people and those waging the war of resistance that allows you to walk the streets of your city a free man.

Xoogsade   

Baashi, Two wrongs don't make a right, not everyone in Muqdisho's displaced and massacred is guilty of something, no one can justify what is going on. Whether you or someone else knows me and my personality, or what I stand for through my writings is immaterial when you are in the mud. There is right, and there is wrong, nothing in between them. If Duke has justification for his thirst of innocent blood, does the justification make him right?

There is no one who equals Duke here. Only people who come close to him have something in common with him, they support A/Y. Point the finger to a character and let us examine that character. Who?

Al-caddaalah saxib.

Baashi   

Nephtys No I'm not saying they should be held laible. Wonder where you gleaned that tidbit from or how you come to that conclusion.

Kashafa,

I stand by my first post and every word of it. No retraction of any sort. Make no mistake baby boy I am conversing with you just to make the point that the events in Benadir however tragic they are and it is tragedy with monumental order al right have a whole lot of history associated with.

Events don't happen in a vacuum. Ethiopian aggression has been facilitated by Somalis. There are sizable Somalis who call them friends. The majority of Somalis are complacent in what you called occupation. The informed folks know pretty well why that is the case. The center of Somali sorrow has not been touched yet and unless and until grievances are thoroughly addressed there will be no closure.

Tragedies are tragedies. True. But culprits are also culprits. I mean there are videos out there showing loved ones getting lined up en mass and getting executed point blank and the individuals who pulled the trigger and directed the execution are now devout "Muqaawama". The same "Muqaawama" are calling other people's houses their own. There are people who side with Ethiopian aggression just because of that. In this context the enemy is you and Tigre is the friend.

You won't be able to kick the Ethiopians behind unless you realize the animosity between the Somalis run deep and is in need of resolution. What you mistaken for sympathy for TFG from my part is nothing more of supreme knowledge of how this sh*t got stuck in the far end of the pipe and how hopeless it is to wage a war with no grass root support.

I heard people say what's happening in Mogadishu is nabsi. Allah is making "them" pay at the hands of cadow to what they have done to us. You don't wanna understand what's happening to Somalia. Why all other regions are watching the drama from a distance and not lifting a finger. Fine. I just happen to understand all too well halka ay bahashu ka qurunsan tahay.

PS: Btw I didn't excuse or explained away the atrocities in Benadir. I did no such thing. It is tragedy of first order. The victims are innocent. However I did say that I do understand why victims (of the other tragedy) may be disposed to seek revenge. Their own tragedy explains pretty well all the anger they may be harboring in their hearts. Human nature through and through.

LoooooooooooooL@Baashi, there is no explaining away on this one. It is true my neighbor literally forced my family out of Mogadisho, but I wouldn't wanna use my bitter memories to justify the crimes being committed against women and children. That's said, I think Baashi is right in stating the current debacle squarely lies on the shoulders of the Somali masses. Ethiopia is simply taking advantage of idiotic nation,

Eh, How sensitive are we, misquoting others. Neither Duke's clan nor any other clan has the authority to reverse the prevailing wind. It is about competing groups against an elected government.

Oh really Caamir? Where is this govt that you are talking about? All the world sees is an invading army killing innocent Somalis...

Baashi haa laiska daayo, He was misqouted and thoroughly misunderstood. :rolleyes:

Baashi   

Originally posted by Castro:

^^^^ Keep squirming old man. I have genuine advice for you: "af daboolani waa dahab". Silence is golden, awoowe.

Keep it to yourself buddy. I ask nothing of the sort.

Originally posted by -:

LoooooooooooooL@Baashi, there is no explaining away on this one. It is true my neighbor literally forced my family out of Mogadisho, but I wouldn't wanna use my bitter memories to
justify
the crimes being committed against women and children. That's said, I think Baashi is right in stating the current debacle squarely lies on the shoulders of the Somali masses. Ethiopia is simply taking advantage of idiotic nation,

Trying too hard still. Out of all the folks in the site, you are one of the few who doesn't make sense. Who justified what crimes exactly? Kidding me. I challenge you to put together few sentences that can back up whatever you are trying to say. What a waste!

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Seekknowledge:

He means the illegal Benadir residents living in usurped houses who don't want peace because then the owners will come back and claim their properties. Why are you pretending to be dumbfounded.
You could see different tribes walking in the streets of Xamar. Did you ever ask yourself what happened to them. Where are they?
Nowadays they invite foreign fighters while living in confiscated houses. Give me a break. We had and still have a genocide worse than Darfur. So stop this nonsense. What is happening today is exatly what happened in the '90. They are both wrong and you know it but as usual you are all blinded by clan loyalties.

I don't have to ask myself, because I am them. Matter of fact, I could walk in the streets of Xamar freely on any given day prior to the Habashi occupation. I didn't need Habashi inuu daa-dahees igu geeyo Muqdisho, unlike you. And no I don't have any clan ties with them, nor do I harbour cadowtinimo. Same way markii Puntland la rusheeyo I wouldn't throw a big party, buy some jaaad, and promote Habashis left right and center in every possible way - while applauding their actions and their inevitable results.

Not everyone wears the perpetual ***** glasses, people of your species wear to only let in those facts that fit your own narrow view and support your dysfuncional agenda.

Reason is leaving some people here wallaahi!

If you genuinely don’t understand why some of Mohamed Dheere’s folks are celebrating for the demise of their brethren or the majority of the folks of Puntland are siding with the old man and resorting to ally themselves with Ethiopia then you have indeed failed to grasp the magnitude of our civil war! No wonder Ethiopia has/will have an easier time manipulating us and killing us right and left!

It’s really disappointing to see some here spinning Baashi’s genuine statement and associate him with clan rubbish he has nothing to do with!

Waryaada ka weynaada xag-xagashada iyo tuhunka...

Nephissa   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

It’s really disappointing to see some here
spinning Baashi’s genuine statement
and associate him with clan rubbish he has nothing to do with!

I [we] don't buy that. It was his completely borderline insight hatered. Not genuine.

Ha u ceeb qarin, inuu Illaahay ceebtaada asturo.

Castro   

^^^^ Cool it Nephthys. Xiin is somewhat right. This discussion is getting out of hand. This is entirely counterproductive.

Deep breath everyone.