Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somalia: President Farole – the Pride of Puntland [Editorial]

Somalina   

Rudy, I don't "feel it 2" as you have kindly put it.

Welcoming new members to SOL is part of my duty and Rudy remember that there is no "we" in "I".

Enjoy your cage match. smile.gif

Shabelle   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^Yeah right, adeer that argument does not wash anymore since even those who waged "jihad" on the Ethiopians are making deals.

Faroole has ensured the survival of the state and for that one is satisfied. The rest we shall see inshA Allah.

Thank You for summing up in one post everything that is wrong with Somalia today.

And then we wonder why we haven't had an effective government for 20 years and our country is in turmoil.

Firstly - just because those who once waged "jihad" with Ethiopia are now engaging in diplomatic talks means Faroole's crimes are okay? Even if for arguments sake we agree Sheikh Shariff is a sell-out, does that make it okay for Faroole to hand over innocent OG boys (who are SOMALI, by the way) to our enemies?

Secondly - "Faroole has ensured the survival of the state and for that one is satisfied". Translation: Faroole has taken care of my region and my tribe, so who cares about his shortcomings?

Where is your walaaltinimo, your somaalinimo, and most importantly, your islaaamino?

I am not from the Puntland region nor am I from the OG region. I am from Hiiraan but it pains me to see ANY somali suffering from injustice.

Originally posted by Shabelle:

... does that make it okay for Faroole to hand over innocent OG boys (who are SOMALI, by the way) to our enemies?

Nonsense. There is nothing innocent about an caanoboore guzzling terrorist who got forcibly repatriated to his home country.

And NO--they are NOT Somali either. So please don't let their use of our language fool you. :D

Thank You for summing up in one post everything that is wrong with Somalia today.

^^^You are most welcome, I must be a genius to have summarized the plight of Somalia in one line. Moving on from that nonsense, again you are just displaying nothing more than clan sentiment, Faroole has shortcomings, and its up to the state electorate to decide what comes of his ambition. However to simplify everything with the mere mention of “Ethiopia” as if that poor backward state is the answer to all our failures I think only belittles your intelligence.

Faroole as shown by the display above has achived a great deal. He has so far maintained the political unity of the state and has brought together a fine cabinet made, finalized the flag and state seal. He has also put in place the transition to multi party election and a move away from the current system. He has put his case to the international community with a good deal of success.

This what we are talking about, you are dwelling on the hearsay of a few clanists, who’s rebel groups are now dancing with the Tigray, they told all of us they hated so much.

This is raw politics lad not a Johnny Gil love song.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^Nassir I agree with you here. Faroole great skill has been to surround himself with talent. Gen Abdullahi, Dr Farah, Dr Ali Warsame and others. And yes Puntlanders do give great credit to the Minister of interior for his hard work.

We need educated leaders in whole of Africa and PL has the qualified roster filling its ranks. All other shortcomings that were inherited from the previous admin are on the right track to getting corrected; with the exception of a string of targets on high-level officials, PL's model is proving to be the right one for Somalia, but, I hope, the dubious IC shouldn't hamper or impede such efforts.

Duke, keep us updated.

Thankful   

Hroseednet

Somalia: President Farole owes Gara’ad people an apology

May 9, 2010 | ColumnCOMMENTS:

Upon returning to Puntland from a visit to Ethiopia and Kenya, Puntland president, Abdirahman Mohamud Farole , told media representatives in Bosaso that his administration would attack pirates in Gara’ad district of Mudug region when the link between the people and pirates was broken. “ Gara’ad elders are now tackling the problem . Once they raise people’s awareness about piracy and break the link between the pirates and [Garac’ad ] people, we will attack the pirates” he said.

Jarriiban district commissioner, Abdi-asis Aw Yusuf Harin, told Horseed Media last week, that pirates attack local fishing boats as well a foreign ships.

President Farole’s first anti- Pirate public relations campaign was to facilitate Andrew Harding’s visit to Eyl for a BBC documentary, broadcast on BBC News Channel in July 2009 (Postcard from Somali pirate capital) . The message Puntland president delivered on behalf of EYL in the documentary was: Yes there is a piracy problem but people are against pirates. He was right. Why can’t he give the people of Gara’ad the same benefit of doubt instead of dividing the town into pirates and the public on one side, and traditional leaders on the side? President Farole said pirates had been fought in Baargaal town. It is true but the fight was organised by the Baargaal people , not Puntland security force. “Gara’ad is said is to be a pirate base” president Farole said.

If he is unsure about the status of Gara’ad as far as piracy is concerned, why is president Farole portraying piracy in Mudug seas as people-driven crime? On the basis of what president Farole said, he sees Eyl, as pirate free zone because of the Ey people’s anti-piracy attitude but tells us that Gara’ad is now regarded as a pirate base because people of Gara’ad support piracy. President Farole, the most divisive Puntland leader, owes people of Gara’ad an apology.

Liban Ahmad

libahm@gmail.com

Thankful   

Garoweonline

Puntland cabinet holds security meeting in Bossaso

9 May 9, 2010 - 3:40:10 AM

The cabinet of Somalia’s Puntland state held a special meeting to tackle the deteriorating security situation in the commercial capital of Bossasso as people behind the trouble is warned.

The meeting was held in Bossaso presidential palace and attended by all members led by President Abdirahman Mohammed Farole.

According to Abdihakin Ahmed Guled, the minister for information, the meeting was called to look at the current security situation in the commercial and also to come up with government stand on the issue.

“The main aim of this special meeting for the government to have a grand position on the deteriorating security situation in Bossaso, where a lot of incidents happened in recent months,” he told Radio Garowe.

“Why we are specifically holding this meeting in Bossaso and not Garowe, even though all the palaces are equal for the government, is to sends out clear message across for the people behind the insecurity that the government has had enough of this and would not tolerate anymore.”

Guled said Puntland people know and value the precious peace they have enjoyed, putting on notice those behind current wave of violence that their numbers are counted.

“Everyone knows himself and we know them and we are after them. God willing, they will meet with consequences and would be slapped with hard metal hand,” he said.

Authorities in Puntland are suspecting the insecurity in some of its territories is caused by the infiltration of some militant from central and southern Somalia.

The city of Bossaso, which enjoyed relative calm in the past, was recently hit by wave of violence that claimed the lives of many people, including government officials.

Puntland, which declared itself as an autonomous part of Somalia in 1998, has enjoyed relative peace compared to the larger chaotic regions of Horn of African nation.

GAROWE ONLINE

More Articles

Thankful   

Nassir,

There have been no military operations in Eyl or the main pirate has never been arrested Boyah, Ilko-Jiir actually lobbies to get pirates from his clan released, they never sued or actually went against the most damagingclaims of the UN Security Report. So no matter what is said Puntland now is seen as a criminal state by many outside! Because of the leaders you support like Faroole and Ilko-Jiir's and their association with pirates and reluctance to go after those that come from their regions!

The fact remains that Faroole's government and Ilko-Jiir in less than a year and a half has received more international condemnation than any other Puntland government!