Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

A closer look at President's Farole's image projection and that of Ina Faroole!

As President Farole met President Ismaciil Cumar Gheele of Djibouti today Friday, garoweonline or the Office of the President of Puntland brought a short piece about the Presidents recent trips to Ethiopia, Libya, (Egypt) not emphasised and finally Djibouti.

Basically the President's office or his son Ina Farole is saying that the President brought Somalia's lack of governance for the past 21 years to these countries heart and attention and saying (not the President) but Faroole Junior that the 'Latest insecurities and tension between Puntland and Somaliland is a direct result of that and that the influence lies in the conflict of Southern Somalia and the central regions i.e. South-Central regions.

So I would like to know the views of Puntlanders, what they think about Ina Faroole's or Faroole's Junior latest spin into this matters of State and labelling at that the way he did.

Secondly do you also think that President Farole (which I don't think are his words anyway but that of his son who seems to have accumulated a lot of powers i.e. that of interpreting and choosing of words the President supposedly said to his own world view). Do you think this is a dangerous exercise that could actually backfire on the President especially at these heightened times and what will the people of Puntland will come to think of it?

I would like to hear about your views and thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.

Warbixin: Safaraddii M. PL ku tagey wadanka banankiisa

29 Jan 29, 2010 - 5:47:01 AM

Madaxweynaha Puntland Cabdiraxman Maxamad Farole oo muddo labo asbuuc ah safaro ku marayey Ethiopia Libiya iyo Jabuti ayaa waxaa uu maanta Jan 29,2010 aqalka Madaxtooyada kula kulmey Madaxweynaha Jamhuriyada Jabuti Ismaciil Cumar Geele.

Mud. Farole iyo Mud. Geele ayaa kulankooda diiradda ku saarey xaalada Somalia ka taagan iyo sidii xal loogu heli lahaa iyada la wada ogsoon yahay in dowladda Jabuti kaalin weyn ka caayaartey sidii xal loogu heli xarbi-ahliga Somalia ka socdey mudada 21-ka sano ah.

Madaxweynaha_Puntland___Madaxweynaha_Jab

President Farole with President of Djibouti Ismaciil Cumar Gheelle

Madaxweyne Farole ayaa hoogamiyaha dalka Jabuti sidoo kale ka codsadey in xaalada Somalia ka tagaan muhiimad koowaad laga siiyo shirka ururka midowga Afrika uga furmi doona magaalada Addis-Ababa. Madaxweynaha Jabuti ismaaciil Cumar Geele oo maanta 29 Jan,2010 u ambabaxaya dalka Ethiopia ayaa sheegey in amaanka mandaqada guud ahaan khatar ku jiro hadii aan xal deg-deg ah loo helin xaalada cakarin ee ka taagan Somali gaar ahaan Koonfurta halkaas oo daagaalo xoogan ka socdaan.

Madaxweynaha Puntland ayaa hoosta ka xariiqey in amni darada maalmahaan kasoo korortey Puntland iyo Somaliland salka ku hayso xaalada ka sii dareysa ee ka taagan Koonfurta & gobolada dhexe ee Somalia tasoo cabsi weyn laga qabo iney saameyn ku yeelato Jabuti iyo wadamada dariska badda kala ah sida Yamen.

Dhinaca kale safarkii Madaxweynaha Puntland ku tagey dalka Ethiopia ayaa guul ku soo dhamaadey iyada oo uu halkaas kula kulmey madaxda dalkaas iyo safiirada hay'adaha caalmiga ah ka jooga Addis Ababa. Kulamada Farole la yeeshey Ethiopia ayaa ka hadlayey xaalka Somalia iyo kaalinta Ethiopia kaga jirto xal u helidiisa iyada oo la sheegey inuu muhiim yahay xiriirka u dhexeeya Puntland iyo Ethiopia.

Madaxweynaha_Puntland___Wasiirka_arrimah

President Farole + Interior Minister Ilkajiir meeting with Libya's Prime Minister Baghdadi Mahmudi in Tripoli

Safarkii Madaxweynaha Puntland ku tagey dalka Libiya ayaa dhinaca kale kusoo dhamaadey guul isaga oo la kulmey Ra'isal wasaaraha iyo Madaxweyne Qadafi kuwasoo kawada hadley arrimaha Somalia. Madaxweynaha Puntland ayaa madaxda dalkaas kala hadley sidii Puntland u tageeri lahaayeen iyada oo uu xusey in dalka Libiya qayb libaax ka qaatey xiligii dhidaba loo aasayey maamulka Puntland.

Madaxweynaha_puntland_oo_ka_ambaxaya_Hot

President Farole leaving the hotel he stayed in during his stay in Tripoli, Libya

Madaxda Libiya oo uu Madaxweyne Qadafi ugu horeeyo ayaa balan qaadey inuu tageeri doono maamulka Puntland iyo guud ahaan Somalia.

Madaxweynaha_PL_oo_ka_ambaxaya_1.jpg

Member of Libya's foreign Ministry travelling on board the aeroplane with President Faroole

Mamulka Puntland ayaa waxaa ka go'an sidii codka shacabka ku dhaqan mandaqada u garsiin lahaa calamka isaga oo geed gaaban iyo mid dheer u fuuli doona madaama ay yihiin kuwo nabadda iyo hurumarka jecel..

Xafiiska Madaxweynaha Dowladda Puntland

Sidey ila tahay:

Madaxweynuhu marka hore wuxuu kor iyo hoos yeelan lahaa la taliye. La taliyuhu waa qof aad ku kalsoontahay oo xeeldheer u leh waxa uu kaala talinaaya. Marka madaxweynuhu wuxuu is tusey in wiilkiisa labadaasba uu ka heli karo.

Anigu aragtideyda, ina Faroole shaqadiisa dhaliil wali kama arkin. Waxay ila tahayna inuu muwaadinyahay shaqadana qaban karo. Faroole wuxuu u dhiibi karey wiilkiisa wasaarado waaweyn, sida Amniga, Gudaha, Maaliyada iyo wixii la mid ah. Laakiin shaqada uu hada u dhiibey waa macquul, qibrad ayuu u leeyahay... wuuna kala talin karaa dhanka saxaafada. Ceeb maleh so far.

Laakiin---- Awmuusow, waxaa iga su'aal ah. Ninka dabalaabka ku xaragoonaya ee dhexda ku jira, ma adigaa? :D

Faroole is doing great thus far. Mohamed is a Somali from Puntland and he is every right to be hired as advisor.

Why would SOL's script get mad at Mohamed Faroole being named a Media Advisor for Faroole who happens to be his dad :D ?

Thankful   

Only in Somalia would naming your son as a paid media advisor, be defended. Their would be an absolute outrage anywhere else. Your son is your son, he can already advise you 24/7, no need to make it official. Give someone else the job, so they can feed their family.

If you notice, many media outlets and reporters have complained about being harassed and imprisoned. There is reason why, it seems that the President only wants one news outlet to report the news!

It's one thing to have your son as an media advisor, but it's another thing to suspend and arrest other media outlets for reporting the news!!

The only problem I have thus far is he is not doing a great job. Garwoweonline lately seems static with infrequent updates. A two week “important” trip is digested into a few repetitive paragraphs. Other than that, a great trip for the leaders of the state.

Originally posted by General Duke:

The only problem I have thus far is he is not doing a great job. Garwoweonline lately seems static with infrequent updates. A two week “important” trip is digested into a few repetitive paragraphs. Other than that, a great trip for the leaders of the state.

Read between the lines, Duke. The main purpose of the trip was acquiring petro-dollars from Libya. The unfortunate answer (for Farole) was: all funds are earmarked for the Sharif entity in Mogadishu.

In this I'm actually sympathetic to Farole (surprise to the Puntland extremists online...LOL). Puntland's current administration could do with a little financial help to combat the creeping terrorism that's moving North from the South.

^^^lool. My man Mintid Farayar: He reads minds and is privy to outcomes of closed door meetings. ;)

Now Faroole had at least met these leaders where is the secessionist King Riyaale ? :D

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^lool. My man Mintid Farayar: He reads minds and is privy to outcomes of closed door meetings.
;)

Now Faroole had at least met these leaders where is the secessionist King Riyaale ?
:D

I remember you making the same protestations during the last few trips when once again I told you no money was coming.

--- Only to have it proved true by Farole's own interviews afterwards where he complained of the injustice in funding a non-functional central government when Puntland controls real assets...

Oooh, how soon we forget...

Anyway, all will become clear in a few weeks. Somali leaders go to Libya only for funds (a habit they share with all sub-Saharan states).

Wake up, Duke, and think outside of repetitive talking points.

Faroole complaint is a genuine one adeer, neither Hragaysa nor Garowe nor Mogadishu get the real funding. Promised money goes to NGO’s in Nairobi and to support AMISOM. Thus as usual you have no point, Puntland is pressing its case as a true alternative to the Somali problem, a unionist state that has survived the fake Jihadi’s and the secessionists. What’s important here is that leaders of countries that have some influence in Somalia are meeting the leaders of the state. Political influence is as important as funding adeer.

My only problem is the lack of coverage from the media outlets but I think that will change once the President & Minister arrive home insha Allah.

Qadafi has political influence in the Horn currently?? Outside of cash handouts?

Pray do tell.

Anyway, my apologies to the original poster. I will withdraw, & you can return to the topic at hand.

P.S. GaroweOnline, although somewhat of a propaganda piece, is one of the more polished Somali websites. It's obvious the son does have some understanding of the modern media in comparison to many other Somali sites.

Thankful   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

ThankfulSP...What's your assessment of Faroole's admin so far?

I truly think President Faroole does things his way, regardless of what anyone else thinks. In some cases this is good, because he is the leader and has to make choices. But it doesn't seem wise all the time.

The whole ONLF issue and saying they were not from Somalia, is just something he didn't really need to say. He knew naming his son as an advisor would not be very good on a PR stand point, but he doesn't care. I have rarely heard him talk about the deaths of the parliamentarians. I don't feel he is giving Mudug the attention it deserves, especially when there was fighting for the first time, between the two groups there.

For me it's difficult to give an assessment of him, because they are so secretive about what's going on. The government website has never been touch once since he has been chosen as president and like I said earlier, many news outlets and reporters have complained that they are being punished by the admin for doing their job. To me closing down the government website and arresting reporters is a clear sign that he doesn't want the people to know what the government is doing.

For instance the President opens parliament and we get little to no information about what was discussed. (That is exactly why we have the Puntland Government website.)

Just think of all the people that search Puntland over the internet after reading in the news and then they see in the english section hasn't been updated in a year, what kind of government will People think we have? At least shut the thing down!

I won't only blame our President for the deaths of government officials or any other fighting that has taken place. But I don't agree with him naming his son as an advisor and the attack on the media, whether arresting reporters or closing down the gov't website.

What is your Assessmetn Che???

^Sorry late reply sbx.Faroole's first year in office could be described as erratic at best. I had better hopes for the guys.He did say good things but no deeds.

I concur with you he made big blunder with Somaligalbeed issue and the same mistake with the Somalis from Bay/Bakool though he alone is not to blame for that. It became all too convenient to blame ordinary people from south for the lawlessness. To me it seems, and I don't think share this, there are internal issues at play that is not being addressed, an inter-clan rivalry that's not getting its due attention. I must applaud him though resolving or atleast being of part solution to the Ufeyn conflict. There's however an issue brewing in Galgala with individual called Atom. Sool situation is also out of his hand since he failed to address the issue (in reality, I don't know how much he could have done about Sool).

He's slow on democratization process. Personally, I think that's for the best.I don't know how much I could say about his goals on social and economic progress.His role at the national and international has been mixed though in terms of substance, he hasn't achieved anything tangible.

We will see what this year brings.